Dangit

PChamp119

We turned it over after the 3. Fouled with 3 seconds left. They missed the FT and we didn't score.

Sounded like that 3 pointer bounced in. Just our luck.

Figures we have a 5 point lead with like a minute to go, but can't get the job done.

Free Throws down the stretch... fundamentals.

Can't even beat LSU at home. This what those of you who made fun of Bama get. Well there goes any shot at the NIT. Pathetic... "hard fought" - whoop-de-doo. Another loss by the struggling Tigers.

Only 7 more months til football season. God, it couldn't get here soon enough. Only 9 months til next basketball season and the next set of excuses.

That blew...major arse. The guy wouldnt freaking miss..and im not talking about catch and shoot deal..Im talking off the dribble, perfect defense, inches from blocking it, and he nails them. The shot after the final 3 wasnt that great..with another second we could have gotten a tip or something for the win. I think we were out of timeouts because we had just called one after the 3 initially. Then we had a play set up and Quan trying to inbound it stepped on the end line. So then after they miss the FT we dont have a timeout and just have to run it down the court.

It blows when you sink every FT, then when you have to make 1-1 to clinch it, you miss the FT. I knew it would come down to a 3 by Thorton. He was shooting 50% from out there anyway, and on the road. We defended it as well as possible, he just sank the shot.

The refs cost us the game. The last rebound right before the 3 for them was NOT A JUMP BALL!!!

The LSU guy was behind Lucas and had his hand on Lucas' shoulder and bicep. Not anywhere near the ball.

By the way, I've never said we lost a game because of refs but I'm making an exception this time.

We turned it over after the 3. Fouled with 3 seconds left. They missed the FT and we didn't score.

Sounded like that 3 pointer bounced in. Just our luck.

Figures we have a 5 point lead with like a minute to go, but can't get the job done.

Free Throws down the stretch... fundamentals.

Can't even beat LSU at home. This what those of you who made fun of Bama get. Well there goes any shot at the NIT. Pathetic... "hard fought" - whoop-de-doo. Another loss by the struggling Tigers.

Only 7 more months til football season. God, it couldn't get here soon enough. Only 9 months til next basketball season and the next set of excuses.

Then stay the hell out of the basketball forum and DO NOT watch another AU basketball game or post about AU b-ball!!

We shot 93% from free throw line, over 50.9% from the field, 10-23 from 3 pt (better than LSU), only had 8 TOs, outrebounded LSU by 1, but lost the offensive rebounding by 4 (9 to 5). Looking at box score w/o knowing score one would think AU won, but it didn't happen. Appeared to be a hard fought game, but yea they lost.

If you want to be down on them DON'T DO IT HERE! Go sit in a corner and wait til football season so you can doom and gloom about it!!

Thanks Tgr4lfe. That needed to be said. No one should get down on this team. They are playing like Auburn Men and not giving up one bit. They fight till the very end.

The refs cost us the game. The last rebound right before the 3 for them was NOT A JUMP BALL!!!

The LSU guy was behind Lucas and had his hand on Lucas' shoulder and bicep. Not anywhere near the ball.

By the way, I've never said we lost a game because of refs but I'm making an exception this time.

The 4th foul on Barrett was equally ridiculous. There was literally not ANYONE within 3 feet of the shooter that was "fouled".

PC and Galen are in here to stir trouble. They have no concept of basketball in general, and they are bored until football season.

DANG IT..Auburn has the worst luck ever when it comes to basketball. I'm really starting to think we have some sort of curse.

PC and Galen are in here to stir trouble. They have no concept of basketball in general, and they are bored until football season.

Yea, cuz you know more at Basketball than I do? I'll throw out the challenge from last week - come to Atlanta and we'll see who has a concept on the game of basketball. What a moron... just because you are disappointed with losing to the worst teams in the conference, doesn't mean you have no concept of the game. Moron...

DANG IT..Auburn has the worst luck ever when it comes to basketball. I'm really starting to think we have some sort of curse.

Yea... bad luck. Luck happens like on occasion. This is on the program.

So to use your logic, "Man, Alabama has the worst luck when it comes to football. Their program isn't bad. It's just they have the worst luck in every aspect of the game. They definitely are better than ULM."

PC you are a moron for saying free throws down the stretch...and fundamentals. We made 14-15 free throws for the game and you say free throws were a problem? If that was the problem then we need to scrap the Basketball program all together because you are never going to be happy. That game was lost by the refs....clearly! We got jobbed!

Yea, cuz you know more at Basketball than I do? I'll throw out the challenge from last week - come to Atlanta and we'll see who has a concept on the game of basketball. What a moron... just because you are disappointed with losing to the worst teams in the conference, doesn't mean you have no concept of the game. Moron...

Of course you know more about this team and basketball. What am I trying to do here? It must be the fact that I attend, in person, most of these games.....and it's clouding my ability to see injuries for what they are and mismatches on floor because of those injuries.

I bow down to you PC......you, even up in Atlanta, have me overmatched and out "moroned". :thedeal:

OK I didn't watch the game (like Galen, watched the scoreboard online). I have always pointed out bad officiating. But what are you referring to? 1 play? A couple of plays late?

You can not truly judge a game based on the officials. You guys are doing the exact same thing in which you accuse Bammers of in football season. Blaming the officials is an excuse. A team should be good enough to get past the officials. Yes, officials can be an obstacle. But I seriously doubt the officials had enough of an impact to ruin the team's chances of winning. I'm sure those missed shots, missed free throw at the end, turnovers, and the Thornton having the game of his life didn't cause us to lose. No... it was the officials. WAKE UP!!

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote. I said I was HAPPY with the better free throw shooting. I didn't say FTs were the problem in this game (but they have been during the season). I just pointed out that it figures we can't make it down the stretch on the 1-and-1 when it was really needed. In hindsight, every FT is needed. But come on, you gotta finish strong. When you have the lead and you are being fouled, you have to make your free throws. We deserved to lose that game.

PC, tell you what...next time I come down to Auburn from Nashville I will take you to the court or if you are in the Nashville area, bring it. I'm a 5'10" 210, 34 yoa, outshape father of two, that wil whip your little ass on the court!!

As for discussing basketball, I too stand behind autigeremt, you have absolutely no idea about basketball, you proved that in the other thread that GG started. Calling it a simple game, dribble, shoot, and hope for the best? Maybe if you are shooting on the goal hanging on your garage. Basketball is just as much a game of Xs and Os as football is, and just easy, if not easier to shift momentum at the slam of a dunk! Get a clue and go over to the football forum and wherever else you post and stay outta the basketball forum.

OK I didn't watch the game (like Galen, watched the scoreboard online). I have always pointed out bad officiating. But what are you referring to? 1 play? A couple of plays late?

You can not truly judge a game based on the officials. You guys are doing the exact same thing in which you accuse Bammers of in football season. Blaming the officials is an excuse. A team should be good enough to get past the officials. Yes, officials can be an obstacle. But I seriously doubt the officials had enough of an impact to ruin the team's chances of winning. I'm sure those missed shots, missed free throw at the end, turnovers, and the Thornton having the game of his life didn't cause us to lose. No... it was the officials. WAKE UP!!

Maybe you didn't read what I wrote. I said I was HAPPY with the better free throw shooting. I didn't say FTs were the problem in this game (but they have been during the season). I just pointed out that it figures we can't make it down the stretch on the 1-and-1 when it was really needed. In hindsight, every FT is needed. But come on, you gotta finish strong. When you have the lead and you are being fouled, you have to make your free throws. We deserved to lose that game.

AU did not deserve to lose based on the lone FT being missed of the night down the stretch. Thornton by all accounts just made a great shot with good D in his face down the stretch. Hitting the FT might have helped who knows.. Thornton might have hit another one after that?

Yes, sometimes officiating can affect games. Stop with all the "some are sounding like bammers". Facts are bammer has been bad b/c of probation, lack of scholarships, piss poor coaching, no talent, blah blah, take all that away and they are probably still competitive in the SEC. AU basketball was steadily improving and I for one was looking forward to this year the returning starters and incoming talent. Then Mr. Murphy shows up and wreaks havoc on the team with injuries. Yes, AU had scholarship and visit reductions, that were pretty much just now being overcome. In my mind, this was the year Lebo was going to take it over teh top, not necessarily winning the SEC or NCAA tourney bid, but get back as a competitive force in SEC west. Freakish injury after injury wittles the team down to pretty much only playing 5 or 6 guys, only 7 scholly players on the bench, with 4 walk ons. Most teams in the country have 13+. Crap here at Lipscmob University, where I work, they have 15 players on the team. I don't know if any are walkons, but they have more depth!!

PC, tell you what...next time I come down to Auburn from Nashville I will take you to the court or if you are in the Nashville area, bring it. I'm a 5'10" 210, 34 yoa, outshape father of two, that wil whip your little ass on the court!!

As for discussing basketball, I too stand behind autigeremt, you have absolutely no idea about basketball, you proved that in the other thread that GG started. Calling it a simple game, dribble, shoot, and hope for the best? Maybe if you are shooting on the goal hanging on your garage. Basketball is just as much a game of Xs and Os as football is, and just easy, if not easier to shift momentum at the slam of a dunk! Get a clue and go over to the football forum and wherever else you post and stay outta the basketball forum.

I'll play anyone, anytime. And we'll see who knows about basketball. Again, I played the game, so I think I know a little bit about it. And it'll be pathetic when a 5'7" - 145 lb single man whoops your punk butt.

I hear a pick up game taking shape. You know you should schedule it in Birmingham at the BJCC we could charge admission. I think we should bring Lebo and the Guys in to watch the great play of you two. Maybe they'll get a pointer or two and figure out a way to win a couple of games.

Or even better, you can both put together a team and then we'll have a playoff game where you are the coaches. I think that would be more of a way to prove "I know more about Basketball then you do."

I on the other hand will watch the game versus Vandy this weekend and pull for the tigers. Hey Tgr4lfe are you going to make it to the game and watch the boys play Saturday, I'd make the trip from Auburn if I could. I love going to Nashville.

THe refs were pretty bad and we were able to stay ahead for the majority of the game. Hargrove got mugged/beaten up several times in the last 5 minutes with no calls. We still cost ourselves when Tez wasnt able to at least hit the first of the one and one. Hargrove could not have contested that final three any bettwer without fouling. The way that guy shot noone was going to stop him. We might have been better off sending him to the line and making him hit 3 straight free throws. THe one thing I thought we made a poor decision on was the use of that timeout. I don't know if it was called by Lebo or a player, but we should have inbounded the ball so that we could get it at half court rather than the far baseline with 3.8 seconsds left. We could have set up a much better play than what we had going when Quan fell in bounds while throwing it in.

I'll play anyone, anytime. And we'll see who knows about basketball. Again, I played the game, so I think I know a little bit about it. And it'll be pathetic when a 5'7" - 145 lb single man whoops your punk butt.

Is this challenge going to be a weekly thing? I'll put my money on the father of two. You have no concept of basketball sports as a whole. Sorry, I had to fix that for myself. I am sure from the tone of your posts every week you are just a Bammer in disguise so please leave.

Is this challenge going to be a weekly thing? I'll put my money on the father of two. You have no concept of basketball sports as a whole. Sorry, I had to fix that for myself. I am sure from the tone of your posts every week you are just a Bammer in disguise so please leave.

You are such a dork. You are the one that has no concept of sports, or reality for that matter.

THe refs were pretty bad and we were able to stay ahead for the majority of the game. Hargrove got mugged/beaten up several times in the last 5 minutes with no calls.

Yeah, I thought I was watching WWE near the end of the game. Two police style tackedowns and a no call. I mean come on. The one where Hargrove was fouled hit the floor and the LSU player pretty much jumped on him, the refs jumped in to get everyone up, but he about had his face caved in by a size 13 shoe!

punk butt, huh? Gotta result to name calling now. You wouldn't stand a chance banging on the boards little boy. We'll meet up in Auburn sometime?

Archived