Bollocks..

GalensGhost

I couldn't hear the game, only "watched" it online.

How in the HELL do you vomit up a five-point lead in the final 1:30? Pathetic.

Seriously? You must not be a big basketball fan...or understand the game. LSU hit a 3 pointer with 4 seconds left. I don't know what happened but 5 points is not a big lead with 1:30 left. I remember Maryland blowing a 10 point lead to Duke with under 1 minute left a while back...s*** happens...I wouldn't descibe is as pathetic...

I couldn't hear the game, only "watched" it online.

How in the HELL do you vomit up a five-point lead in the final 1:30? Pathetic.

Seriously? You must not be a big basketball fan...or understand the game. LSU hit a 3 pointer with 4 seconds left. I don't know what happened but 5 points is not a big lead with 1:30 left. I remember Maryland blowing a 10 point lead to Duke with under 1 minute left a while back...s*** happens...I wouldn't descibe is as pathetic...

Seriously? Losing to Bama and LSU back-to-back, two teams that would have to combine their rosters just to reach SUCKS?

I understand the concept of how that kind of lead could vanish with two shots, but that it was allowed to happen against a pitiful team.... bah.

Actually Bama has one of the best post players in the nation in Hendrix. Add in Gee, Riley, and Hollinger and they should have a top 25 team.

LSU... They had a guy have a game of his life with 38 points. He hit everything. He may have had 2 or 3 uncontested shots ALL night. There NOTHING you can do about that.

Actually Bama has one of the best post players in the nation in Hendrix. Add in Gee, Riley, and Hollinger and they should have a top 25 team.

LSU... They had a guy have a game of his life with 38 points. He hit everything. He may have had 2 or 3 uncontested shots ALL night. There NOTHING you can do about that.

Thorton was superman out there tonight. He hit most of his 3's with people in his face. Some falling away from the basket, some heading into the basket. One heck of a performance by the guy. He won it for them.

AUKidd.....give it up with Galen. He's only in here to stir up trouble. B)

I'm with Galen on this one.

I know Thornton had the game of his life. But that is just another... EXCUSE.

Guys, you can blame the refs, blame it on the fact that LSU had a player have the game of the century. When it comes down to it - if you can't stop 1 player, that is just pathetic.

I was glad to see the FT % increased, but of course they missed the one that matters. And it generally occurs on the front end of a 1-and-1 with Auburn.

5 points is not a big lead in basketball, but I agree it is still pathetic to blow that large of a lead with a lil over a minute to play, regardless.

Everyone wants to talk about how much effort these guys put in. OK, would you guys rather have a team that puts 100% effort with a pathetic record and losing to the worst teams, or a team that puts in 95% effort and wins games? I for one, choose winning. Blame it on injuries and whatnot. In the end, they are all excuses.

Sum and point: If this were the Auburn football team, you guys would be pissed. You'd make up excuses, but in the end you would be pissed. Look how y'all reacted (not me) when the football team lost to MSU and USF. I didn't hear crap about effort then. I never hear about effort when Auburn loses a football game. Except maybe that LSU game, but because we lost on a freakish play.

You guys can stay positive all you want. You have every right to. Just as Galen and I have the right to feel that this basketball program is pathetic. I'm still rooting for them to win (going to the Bama game next month). But this team is just pathetic.

I'm not calling to rebel against the program or to fire the staff. I'm just disappointed with the results. And I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

AWFUL. It's no different than the day Lebo walked in the door. And before you all break it down and talk about injuries, suspensions etc. and the liteny of excuses that have been hashed out 1000 times per week...every week of every single season...just save your breath.

This is the worst program in the SEC and has been since Lebo got here. It's EXACTLY the same as his first season. Face it. This was two BAD, bad teams battling for the freakin' cellar. It's not just Galen or Champ. There's a lot of people just plain tired of the embarassment. And blowing a lead to this team on your own home floor is pathetic.

Okay, got your breath back? Now, you can resume your regularly scheduled program of excuses.

1. Well Sylla hurt his foot

2. Uumm, and Dollard, well we're not sure

3. Oh yeah, Vot broke his hand

4. Curtis left for Ole Miss

5. Marco left for Indiana

6. Douglas left for FSU

7. Don't forget Quan got suspended

8. Lucas just came back, but dude, he's gonna' be a player

9. Oh the hell with it....start filling in your own excuses from here

Oh wait, I totally forgot that some guy for LSU had a great game....with guys in his face...like the whole game.

"You guys can stay positive all you want. You have every right to. Just as Galen and I have the right to feel that this basketball program is pathetic. I'm still rooting for them to win (going to the Bama game next month). But this team is just pathetic."

Yes you do have the right to be upset. And you have all the right in the world to bash this "pathetic" team.

But I see it as extremely bad luck and I want to see a full team on the floor before I pass judgement.

But, are we ever going to see a full team? It ain't all bad luck. A group of guys like Killingsworth, Curtis, Douglas and quite a few others who could have put this team on the map, made them a winning program, attracting recruits and fans...LEFT. That's not bad luck. Failing to recruit ONE guy who can actually square up and shoot the ball is not bad luck.

What are we gonna' say next year when Sylla never has quite recovered from that foot injury, this guy or that decides he needs to transfer to Georgia freakin' Tech, so and so just didn't make his grades and will have to sit out half the season??? Is there any reason to believe it will be any different? Really? Why?

First, GG and pc, if AU is pathetic then DO NOT WATCH or SUPPORT AU b-ball.

Esquire, I can see what you are saying about things seemingly being the same since Lebo's first year. Although, he has not had injuries like this in the previous years. I have no idea why there has been a revolving door for this team over the years, like the players you mentioned. I do know that this team would be pretty doggone good if these guys were healthy and playing right now. It is beyond me that we seemingly play a pretty good game..50.9% from field, 10-23 from 3 pt line, 93% from FT line, only 8 TOs, outrebounded LSU by 1, but still lose. what that is is that two teams BOTH played well and one of them won.

GG and pc, you said the same things about AU beating Ole Miss last week than you are about LSu winning tonight. Sometimes the ball don't bounce your way. AU undoubtedly played their best game the other night against Ole Miss and won. They played terribly against bama, and bama had their BEST game of the SEC slate so far. Undoubtedly, Thornton had his best game ever, and if you think one guy can not control a game, then you for sure have not paid attention to basketball at all over the past 20 years. BAsketball teams play pretty much on average every 3 or 4 days, rarely do any string together several PERFECT games. Some have enough talent to overcome even playing bad, i.e. UNC, Memphis (not a fundamentally sound team), Duke. With this AU team playing only 6 maybe 7 (how many that played tonight, Sylla only played 6 minutes), then chances of back to back consistent games goes down dramatically.

IF you two want to be down on the team, then just don't bother watching, listening, going to games. And sure as hell don't bother those of us that won't to support the coach and team. Exit stage right.

AWFUL. It's no different than the day Lebo walked in the door. And before you all break it down and talk about injuries, suspensions etc. and the liteny of excuses that have been hashed out 1000 times per week...every week of every single season...just save your breath.

This is the worst program in the SEC and has been since Lebo got here. It's EXACTLY the same as his first season. Face it. This was two BAD, bad teams battling for the freakin' cellar. It's not just Galen or Champ. There's a lot of people just plain tired of the embarassment. And blowing a lead to this team on your own home floor is pathetic.

Okay, got your breath back? Now, you can resume your regularly scheduled program of excuses.

6. Douglas left for FSU

Oh wait, I totally forgot that some guy for LSU had a great game....with guys in his face...like the whole game.

:no: I give up. Auburn Basketball fans are by far the worst in the SEC.

I do agree that sometimes you have to give the other team credit. I said it last week with Alabama whooping us. I'll take back what I said about Auburn deserving to lose. Because that was wrong of me to say. LSU played a hell of a game and they deserved to win. They got the job done and Auburn didn't. Auburn had some great numbers to be proud of.

But they still didn't get the job done. And that is a sentiment of our program here at Auburn University. Auburn just can't seem to ever get the job done. Oh well, maybe the team will upset another team down the road. But highly unlikely.

Again, I'll compare this to football. If the football team lost to Vanderbilt this past season because Vandy had it's best game of the season and they ended up going 6-6 instead of 5-7, would you guys not be upset? Exactly.

Auburn basketball on a good day should be better than the SEC's worst team on it's best day.

Are you sure they're not just REASONS? I mean come on do you realize that we're playing with seven players? Our best players are injured. I mean come on this isn't church league get a clue.

Are you sure they're not just REASONS? I mean come on do you realize that we're playing with seven players? Our best players are injured. I mean come on this isn't church league get a clue.

You fans that wish to not see through the eyes of reality always have reasons. There have been reasons for 5+ years. Reasons are excuses. Real teams with real programs persevere through prosperity and rise to the occasion.

Again, most teams have about 8 kids play most of the game and might have 1 or at most 2 play sparingly. Auburn has 7 with 1 or 2 playing sparingly. That is only a one man difference. The other difference is our sparingly played players are not on scholarship. So, can the one person make a difference? Yes. But it is just another excuse or "bad luck" according to you folks.

But, they're the SAME reasons and excuses that we've been using since the day Lebo was hired. We didn't play with anyone over 6'4" his first year. Why? Because everyone worth a crap left Auburn immediately. One of those guys, a 6'9" center, helped Ole Miss pound Vandy last night. Virtually, every year, one or more guys leaves the program for one reason or another. Couple that with a few injuries and you're in the exact same position you were 4-5 years ago.

And if we get one or two of those injured guys back, you still have no one who can shoot the ball. Even on Eillis' bad teams, he always had someone who could square up and drain it from anywhere on the court. Lebo was a great pure shooter at NC but oddly enough, has recruited no one outside of Tony Douglas (Actually, I can't recall if Lebo even recruited him. But, he left anyway) that's any kind of a consistent threat to hit a 3. We do shoot enough of em' and some eventually go in.

And free throw shooting under Lebo? :slapfh:

Honestly, can you say that if Auburn had a couple of these injured guys back that we'd be a threat to do anything better than make the NIT? I don't see it at all. And now a team on an 8 game losing streak comes into BEMC and hangs 81 on Auburn (After 97 this weekend) and we start looking again to next year.

But, they're the SAME reasons and excuses that we've been using since the day Lebo was hired. We didn't play with anyone over 6'4" his first year. Why? Because everyone worth a crap left Auburn immediately. One of those guys, a 6'9" center, helped Ole Miss pound Vandy last night. Virtually, every year, one or more guys leaves the program for one reason or another. Couple that with a few injuries and you're in the exact same position you were 4-5 years ago.

And if we get one or two of those injured guys back, you still have no one who can shoot the ball. Even on Eillis' bad teams, he always had someone who could square up and drain it from anywhere on the court. Lebo was a great pure shooter at NC but oddly enough, has recruited no one outside of Tony Douglas (Actually, I can't recall if Lebo even recruited him. But, he left anyway) that's any kind of a consistent threat to hit a 3. We do shoot enough of em' and some eventually go in.

And free throw shooting under Lebo? :slapfh:

Honestly, can you say that if Auburn had a couple of these injured guys back that we'd be a threat to do anything better than make the NIT? I don't see it at all. And now a team on an 8 game losing streak comes into BEMC and hangs 81 on Auburn (After 97 this weekend) and we start looking again to next year.

Dude, do you remember the free throw shooting under Ellis? That is something they have been lower than pathetic at for over 10 years now...I am starting to call it the Auburn Syndrome when I see another team/player shoot under 50% from the strike.

And Douglas was the last decent holdover from Ellis' last team.

I have been trying to stay positive for the last couple of years, but this storyline is getting as old as hearing the Bammers cry the last 10 years about their 5 year probation. I think Lebo is a very good floor coach, but so far it doesn't look like he can attract much talent.

Can anyone attract talent here the RIGHT way?

And lets just wait and see with next year's class. The have some of the best talent we have seen at Auburn coming in since I can remember.

Can anyone attract talent here the RIGHT way?

And lets just wait and see with next year's class. The have some of the best talent we have seen at Auburn coming in since I can remember.

Sounds so familiar. $100 says we hear that next year when players get injured or suspended on the way to another losing season

First, GG and pc, if AU is pathetic then DO NOT WATCH or SUPPORT AU b-ball.

STUPID, STUPID reasoning.

If I think the on-floor product is bad then I shoudn't watch? Right. I should just ignore the fact that I love Auburn and want all of its athletic and academic programs to be the very best they can be. I should just turn my back and allow the program to wallow in mediocrity because that's what an Auburn man does? An Auburn man blindly accepts whatever garbage is trotted out wrapped in orange and blue because an Auburn man would never criticize?

Buhhhhloney, pal.

Auburn men and women EXPECT excellence in all things. Auburn men and women have a right to express their discontent when excellence is not achieved. Auburn men and women strive to discover the root of what prevents or detracts from excellence and they eliminate it.

6. Douglas left for FSU

:no: I give up. Auburn Basketball fans are is by far the worst in the SEC.

I fixed that for ya.

BTW, I'm sick of hearing the "we only played six or seven" argument. Check ANY basketball roster for ANY team. Most rarely put more than seven on the court in any given game. It's not this huge disadvantage. Quit using it as a crutch.

I can't tell if GG is serious or mocking me after our past...

if he is serious, then I'll to remember Post #19 for whenever someone tells me to stop watching Auburn football / basketball. Well said sir

No. No mockage.

I was actually just sitting here thinking how strange it was to be battling alongside you as opposed to against you. It's not a bad view.

I think you can consider a page to have been turned. I'm not much on olive branches and all that but there might be a leaf or two scattered around.

No. No mockage.

I was actually just sitting here thinking how strange it was to be battling alongside you as opposed to against you. It's not a bad view.

I think you can consider a page to have been turned. I'm not much on olive branches and all that but there might be a leaf or two scattered around.

HAHA. I guess it was the post about "6 or 7" because I was the only one making that argument before. Just had to double check.

But see, it's ok to be bitter at times. I still love Auburn and I know you do too

6. Douglas left for FSU

:no: I give up. Auburn Basketball fans are is by far the worst in the SEC.

I fixed that for ya.

BTW, I'm sick of hearing the "we only played six or seven" argument. Check ANY basketball roster for ANY team. Most rarely put more than seven on the court in any given game. It's not this huge disadvantage. Quit using it as a crutch.

How many of those have ONE post player?

Archived