AU vs. UK

AURainman

If we come out guns blazing, I think so. We have played decent in most league games, but just have been beaten by a couple of players/teams having lights out performances (UAT and LSU).

I think we need to come out and set the pace, hit the perimeter shots and stay out of foul trouble. Should be a good game. The weird thing is that Beard Eaves will be 50/50 since there are a lot of Kentucky natives in the vet school that come out for this one game.

I'm heading out. I honestly dont know all that much about UK. I think we can match up pretty well though. Hopefully our starters can stay out of foul trouble, and our shooting improves over the 1st half sat.

Anyone else looking forward to the Duke - UNC game?

probably some people on a duke or unc forum with a thread titled "DU vs. UNC"

Nice effort at the end. Should've been an "And-1" on the steal at the end there. Could've tied it up.

I'm sure that horrible shot by Reed at the end will be excused by some of you because there were only 5 players on the court. That is... Auburn basketball at it's finest.

Another game... another close loss. But this is because Kentucky played perfectly, like UA and LSU right?

But this is because Kentucky played perfectly, like UA and LSU right?

Do you ever do anything but piss, moan, and degrade all things Auburn?

What exactly is he to celebrate?

mediocrity I guess and the fact that we're not last in the West right now.

But this is because Kentucky played perfectly, like UA and LSU right?

Do you ever do anything but piss, moan, and degrade all things Auburn?

I'm not degrading all things Auburn. I'm degrading all Auburn basketball fans for their delusion.

Nice effort at the end. Should've been an "And-1" on the steal at the end there. Could've tied it up.

I'm sure that horrible shot by Reed at the end will be excused by some of you because there were only 5 players on the court. That is... Auburn basketball at it's finest.

Another game... another close loss. But this is because Kentucky played perfectly, like UA and LSU right?

What do you want us to say? We're over-matched in every game we play. We have no size inside. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how to beat us. If we win, we got lucky. The guys play their tails off and thats all you can ask. If they keep doing that, some breaks will go our way.

Of course, it should have been a foul on the shot. Our how bout a 5-seconds in the corner? The guy had the ball down there for like 10 seconds. While the shot by Reed wasnt the greatest, was it really that bad? I mean you can't shoot from a better spot than the top of the key, and it wasnt in danger of getting blocked. It just wasnt a good shot.

Anymore of you convinced yet that Lebo ain't got it?

Okay, before any of you come back with the obligatory 117 excuses and "You aren't an Auburn man" and all the other crap...LET'S PLAY THE NEW GAME SHOW.....COLLEGE BASKETBALL 101

Alright Johnny, one more question for the grand prize. Are you ready?

Absolutely Bob. Fire away.

Okay, What Auburn coach is responsible for making sure his team knows what to do with 9.3 seconds left...down 1...UK on the foul line....1 out of 2 made...now down 2 and bringing the ball up court with no pressure?

Uuuuhhhh, I'm gonna' take a shot at this Bob....uummm...Coach Lebo?

Ding, Ding, Ding...That's right Johnny. Jeff Lebo. You've won the combination washer/dryer from Maytag. Do you want to stop here and go home with that beautiful Maytag appliance combo or are you going to risk the bonus question and go for what's behind door #3?

Ohhhhh....I don't know Bob. I've been an Auburn basketball fan all my life so I'm not real good at these kinds of questions. But, my wife wants me to go for it so......I'M GOIN' FOR THE BIG PRIZE, BOB.

(Loud applause and encouragement from studio audience)

Okay Johnny, here's your bonus question. Using the scenario above, name ONE of the FIFTY options for Auburn with 9.3 seconds left, with the ball and down by 2 points at home. You've got 10 seconds Johnny...starting now.

Quiet please everyone, don't yell out the answer.

Okay, I know this...uuummmmm....

5 seconds Johnny

Oooohhhh...aaaahhh....WAIT, I'VE GOT IT.....Dewayne Reed walks the ball slowly up court and stupidly launches a 3 from 5 feet behind the arc with a man in his face.

AAAAAAANNNNNNKKKKKK

(Crowd noise: "Aaaaaaaawwwwwwww")

Noooo, I'm sorry Johnny. We could only have accepted that if category was Upwards Basketball for 8 year olds or if the question was specifically "What would Jeff Lebo do?". But, we've got some nice parting gifts for you.

What do you want us to say? We're over-matched in every game we play. We have no size inside. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out how to beat us. If we win, we got lucky. The guys play their tails off and thats all you can ask. If they keep doing that, some breaks will go our way.

Of course, it should have been a foul on the shot. Our how bout a 5-seconds in the corner? The guy had the ball down there for like 10 seconds. While the shot by Reed wasnt the greatest, was it really that bad? I mean you can't shoot from a better spot than the top of the key, and it wasnt in danger of getting blocked. It just wasnt a good shot.

More excuses. We were not outmatched by LSU or Alabama. And Kentucky isn't all that great either. So that was just dumb. We were just outplayed... again.

5 seconds in the corner? Do you know that rule? Its 5 seconds of holding the ball or dribbling consecutively. He had the ball for about 6-8 seconds (it just seemed longer) and he lost the ball on the ground at one moment. So there was not a missed call.

IMO, the shot if it was made or at least close, people wouldn't be complaining. But if you are going to take that shot, it better be a good one. It wasn't. He deserves the criticism. I still thought he made a great play on the steal, but he deserves accolades on that play just as much as the criticism for the last play.

Breaks not going our way. Well, we never get breaks. Just more excuses.

outmatched? your grasping at straws now.

Kentucky had like 21 turnovers and we only had like 13 I think.

Like PC said we were outplayed.

outmatched? your grasping at straws now.

Kentucky had like 21 turnovers and we only had like 13 I think.

Like PC said we were outplayed.

You totally just contradicted yourself. If you think our players with our current lineup are as good as UK, then youre the one grasping for straws.

Kentucky only played 7 players tonight and really only 6 of them played significant minutes.

Maybe talent wise we were outmatched but not in height. Kentucky's tallest player that played tonight was 6-9 and Quan Prowell was 6-8. Patterson was 6-8 that kept beating us up inside.

Where was all 6-9 of Matt Heramb tonight? on the bench I assume.

Give it up, we got outplayed and out coached. We should have won that game but poor decisions and lack of coaching at the end of the game cost us.

Kentucky only played 7 players tonight and really only 6 of them played significant minutes.

Maybe talent wise we were outmatched but not in height. Kentucky's tallest player that played tonight was 6-9 and Quan Prowell was 6-8. Patterson was 6-8 that kept beating us up inside.

Give it up, we got outplayed and out coached. We should have won that game but poor decisions and lack of coaching at the end of the game cost us.

Their players are better than ours. How hard is that for you to understand?

21 to 13 turnovers in no way shows that they outplayed us or out coached us. If anything, it says the opposite.

I love this team, and I don't give a DAMN what anyone else has to say about excuses or whatever! This team plays hard, and at this point that's all I can ask of them.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! Just keep pushin, and alot of good will come out of it in the end.

I love this team, and I don't give a DAMN what anyone else has to say about excuses or whatever! This team plays hard, and at this point that's all I can ask of them.

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! Just keep pushin, and alot of good will come out of it in the end.

I'm with ya autigeremt...I think Lebo needs another year. If some of y'all are so frustrated with AU basketball then just don't watch, i.e. no frustration.

The reason AU got beat last night was b/c UK shot 66.7% from the field and AU shot 40%, even had 10 more shots. Let's just can Lebo and start all over with another new coach, that's it. Sorry, AU does not have the basketball history to become an elite team in a few years. I think most of you were anticipating too much too fast. There are weird things or bad karma going on with AU basketball. I think if no head coaching change that there needs to be some assistant changes at least.?

I ask again. Who has the responsibility of MAKING SURE his team knows what to do with the ball...9.3 seconds left and down 2?????

You sat there and watched one guy walk it up court and launch a pathetic attempt at a 3. Two possibilities here. One, either Jeff Lebo hasn't coached his players on what to do or two, that's what he wanted done.

Dewayne Reed got the ball and calmly walked straight up court and with no hesitation whatsoever, threw up an a needless, awful attempt at a 3. Folks, when it's crunch time, that's when coaching comes in to play. When you have over 9 seconds left, down 2 and the ball in your hands, your players have to be prepared to do something, ANYTHING other than what happened.

If you say, "Well, Reed just made a poor decision"...sorry, that comes back to coaching. Plain and simple. Every player on that floor and every fan in those stands and every person watching on TV knew that was exactly what NOT to do. Oh, and let's do wait until we get some guys back. Guess what? We'll have more close games then and guess what? We still have to have guys undersatnd what to do with the game on the line.

And for those of you that argue Kentucky just had better players on the floor...an answer to this please. The commentators said the entire second half how incredible Kentucky was shooting the ball. Let me correct something.....how well they were dunking the ball. If man for man, they were more talented than Auburn, why did we stay man to man the entire way? Schooled all second half. Never even considered going zone and making them hit some shots outside. But then, next year, things will be different.

No excuses. Lebo is to blame for the last 10 seconds of that game. If Reed hits that shot, though.....

I'm as ticked off as the rest of you. Given our situation (I know, excuses) we shouldn't have even been in that game. A gutty effort kept us in it late, and then that shot....that awful...awful....awful shot.

I'm still 110% a Lebo supporter. I wrote this season off around December. My expectations after the injuries was for us to avoid the sweep against all teams in the West and beat 2 SEC East teams. That's 7-9 in the SEC even with all the attrition. If the ball bounced our way a little, we'd be close to that number. Now, I don't think its even remotely possible. We'd have to beat MSU x1, UAT, USC, UGA, and @Arky or Ole Miss x2.

Heck, the good news is we'll have a post game next year! RFr Boubacar Sylla, RJr Josh Dollard, SR Korvotney Barber

Where was all 6-9 of Matt Heramb tonight? on the bench I assume.

You have to admit though that Quan doesn't match up well with Patterson physically. Prowell is a long lean 6-8. Patterson is a tight end. So its not just a hight mismatch. Same with Ogilvy (sp?) at Vandy. He just kept pushing Quan around. Tolbert did a better job physically but gave up too much height.

Archived