Maybe Bobby Knight wasn't a bad fit at IU.

JBC1124

How did IU not see this coming? They never should have hired him.

Bobby Knight was never a bad fit for IU (at least not in terms of the NCAA). He played by the book and never got IU in trouble. Knight was a great coach. IU just decided they were tired of having a coach that was known for cussing and accused of hitting kids. But yea, I guess you are correct that they didn't get along. Sad, because he was a great coach. I wish he came to Auburn!!

*Edit, that is not smack on Lebo, just the fact that I like Knight

Funny story about how much they love Knight at IU. I work in Higher Ed consulting, and spent about 7 or 8 months working at IU in Bloomington in 2004. My first week there, I went to one of the local pizza places for lunch, and the first thing I saw when I walked in, right above the cash register was a 3'x5' Texas Tech flag.

Great place to watch a basketball game, I'll say that. One of the top 5 jobs in basketball, no question.

Kelvin Sampson was a whiny, cheating pain in the ass at Oklahoma and he hasn't changed a bit...you've got to be a complete dumbass to do what he did, especially after this very same sort of thing with the phone calling is what got him in trouble before.

Kelvin Sampson was a whiny, cheating pain in the ass at Oklahoma and he hasn't changed a bit...you've got to be a complete dumbass to do what he did, especially after this very same sort of thing with the phone calling is what got him in trouble before.

Two of his former assistants (Ray Lopes at Fresno State and Jimmy Collins at SMU) were fired for the same infractions when they became head coaches. What goes around comes around.

Sampson repeating the same infractions is surprising enough

Him LYING to the NCAA is going to SCREW IU

Especially of they keep him through the NCAA tournament. NCAA will NOT like that BUT if IU fires Sampson and he the allegations aren't true....IU will get sued

Sampson repeating the same infractions is surprising enough

Him LYING to the NCAA is going to SCREW IU

Especially of they keep him through the NCAA tournament. NCAA will NOT like that BUT if IU fires Sampson and he the allegations aren't true....IU will get sued

I hope the NCAA will actually make the right call here and levy the punishments against Sampson and not IU. I don't think for one minute that the AD or anyone else, except some of his staff knew about the phone calls. IU should not get in trouble over this. Sampson should be suspended/banned or whatever from collegiate basketball for at least 2 years.

Had the media not made the connection to OSU about the lawsuit for improper termination who says Sampson would have ever thought of it? I think they probably have him dead to rights. I think if you are IU, you gotta fire him!!

Archived