AU vs TENN

penguin149

I see where the sportswire is already gushing over No. 1 vs. No. 2 this Saturday - Memphis vs. UT

Can Wednesday night's game be an ambush? Maybe AU can pull off a monumental upset!!! I say "YES"!

WDE!!!!!!!

:au:

Well, only if we have some guys step up, take it to the next level and take it one game at a time without looking ahead and giving it 100% effort all the time while playing smart, shooting the ball well, controlling the boards, avoiding turnovers, realizing that UT puts their sneakers on 1 foot at a time just like Auburn, go the extra mile, plan for the future, lend a helping hand, have it your way, find their place in the sun and get some help from the referees.

Yeah, I think we've got a shot.

I give us a 35% chance of winning. We do match up well with them... And we did beat them last year. We have be hot from the 3 pt. line and make some FT's.

100% possibility of winning....

... for Tennessee

Hopefully we don't get embarassed and play competitive and no one gets hurt. Stay healthy and all that stuff for Sunday's game with Bama. Let's focus on that one.

PChamp you set an awesome example..

..of how not to be.

That has to be the worst loser mentality I've ever heard. Why are we even making the trip? We could probably save a lot on travel expenses since UT has a 100% chance of winning anyway.

Anyway about the game..I think we would normally have about a 10% chance of winning in Knoxville, but with Memphis looming on their schedule, I think that increases our chances - maybe a 20% chance or so. Hopefully, this is that 1 in 5 games that we win. Every guy that will play Wednesday, with the possible exception of Larry Williams, has already beaten UT. They'll carry a little extra confidence with them into this one.

Make fun of me for putting 100% on UT, but anyone who really believes Auburn has a 5-1 shot, put your money where you mouth is. I'll give anyone 5-1 odds. Optimism is nice to have, but it aint realistic. I don't think UT is the second best team in the nation, but they are going to win this game easily.

Well, only if we have some guys step up, take it to the next level and take it one game at a time without looking ahead and giving it 100% effort all the time while playing smart, shooting the ball well, controlling the boards, avoiding turnovers, realizing that UT puts their sneakers on 1 foot at a time just like Auburn, go the extra mile, plan for the future, lend a helping hand, have it your way, find their place in the sun and get some help from the referees.

Yeah, I think we've got a shot.

They also need to focus and have a few bounces go their way. And remember...there is no "I" in "team". B)

We beat them last year when we had Dollard and Barber. This year will be much tougher. I say we have a 15 percent chance of winning at best. Deep bench for the Vols with actual depth on that bench will wear us down.

Make fun of me for putting 100% on UT, but anyone who really believes Auburn has a 5-1 shot, put your money where you mouth is. I'll give anyone 5-1 odds. Optimism is nice to have, but it aint realistic. I don't think UT is the second best team in the nation, but they are going to win this game easily.

I'll put a dollar on that. B)

100% possibility of winning....

... for Tennessee

Hopefully we don't get embarassed and play competitive and no one gets hurt. Stay healthy and all that stuff for Sunday's game with Bama. Let's focus on that one.

what a surprise...

So you really don't think its 100% do you? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and offer 1000:1 ? Since its a given, it shouldn't be much risk for you. I think you'd find everyone here betting for even 100:1.

I live in memphis right now and I would love to see the Real Tigers (Auburn Tigers) beat ut and then ut turn around and beat memphis... War Eagle!

I am a Memphian as well and I'm hoping for a miracle....WDE and beat the VOLS!!!!!!!

So you really don't think its 100% do you? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and offer 1000:1 ? Since its a given, it shouldn't be much risk for you. I think you'd find everyone here betting for even 100:1.

Touche. I guess I was thinking about everyone else before myself. 20% would be 5-1 odds, I guess I was just calling out those people who don't want to say like 1%. But like you said, I did say 100%.

Well this is just an internet message board, so why not: A million to one.

**EDIT** I just checked the score.. 48-20 Tennessee. Ha... 20%, what were you guys thinking? That kind of blow out doesn't even bring up the debate of "well if we played 10 games..." except it would immediately end with "UT would somehow win 12."

If you drew up a worst-case scenario for a first half, that was it...23% shooting and Prowell/Robertson with 3 fouls each...oof.

I won't ever complain about the effort of our players. Or how that should translate into coaching. And teams have off nights. It's not even close, our team is not even in the same league as Tennessee (metaphorically speaking). Let's just hope the team gets a day of a rest and puts together a strong game plan and comes out with a W on Sunday.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Ramar Smith scored 19 points and second-ranked Tennessee beat Auburn 89-70 on Wednesday night.

Tyler Smith added 13 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Vols (24-2, 11-1 Southeastern Conference), who extended their home winning streak to 30 games. JaJuan Smith and Chris Lofton both had 12 points.

The Tigers (13-11, 3-8) outrebounded the Vols 23-20 in the first half, but couldn't find a way to take advantage of it with 21.9 percent shooting from the field.

Frank Tolbert led Auburn with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Quan Prowell added 21 points and Rasheem Barrett had 14 points.

Auburn kept the margin tight 10 minutes into the first half until Tennessee jumped into a 24-5 run that put the Vols up 46-20 at halftime with the help of the 57.6 percent shooting.

The Tigers had allowed their 12 previous opponents an average 51 percent on field goal shooting.

Tennessee expanded their lead to 74-43 with 9:02 to go on a Chris Lofton 3-pointer. Lofton moved into fifth place in the NCAA record book with 402 career 3-point goals.

Auburn trailed by 26 points with just under six minutes to go before launching a 15-0 streak that ended on a Prowell jumper with 2:06 left.

Somehow we had that 15-0 streak at the last to make the game seem close. My expectations of this season have just about dwindled to dust. let s have a win over Bama this weekend to put a feather in the cap.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Ramar Smith scored 19 points and second-ranked Tennessee beat Auburn 89-70 on Wednesday night.

Tyler Smith added 13 points and grabbed 13 rebounds for the Vols (24-2, 11-1 Southeastern Conference), who extended their home winning streak to 30 games. JaJuan Smith and Chris Lofton both had 12 points.

The Tigers (13-11, 3-8) outrebounded the Vols 23-20 in the first half, but couldn't find a way to take advantage of it with 21.9 percent shooting from the field.

Frank Tolbert led Auburn with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Quan Prowell added 21 points and Rasheem Barrett had 14 points.

Auburn kept the margin tight 10 minutes into the first half until Tennessee jumped into a 24-5 run that put the Vols up 46-20 at halftime with the help of the 57.6 percent shooting.

The Tigers had allowed their 12 previous opponents an average 51 percent on field goal shooting.

Tennessee expanded their lead to 74-43 with 9:02 to go on a Chris Lofton 3-pointer. Lofton moved into fifth place in the NCAA record book with 402 career 3-point goals.

Auburn trailed by 26 points with just under six minutes to go before launching a 15-0 streak that ended on a Prowell jumper with 2:06 left.

Somehow we had that 15-0 streak at the last to make the game seem close. My expectations of this season have just about dwindled to dust. let s have a win over Bama this weekend to put a feather in the cap.

It goes both ways. That 24-5 by UT run is what opened up the game. We were ice cold for the first half. 22% from FG, like 44% from FT, and like 2-14 from 3 (I think). That definitely wasnt what we needed. UT didnt shoot great at the beginning of the game, and if we could have shot well we could have opened it up. Then UT caught on and pretty much iced the game at the end of the first half on that run.

Whats with UAT having both their off days before they play us? Anyway, I thought our play wasnt actually that bad from what I heard. We rebounded well against UT. With some improved shooting against UAT, I think we have a good shot. Let's hope the SEC refs decide not to give us the home court disadvantage as usually happens at Auburn, and we get a few calls.

Archived