Thank you Auburn.

Legionfield

Thank you for beating us. I hope this forces us to rid ourselves of coach "mediocrity".

I'm just glad he wasn't smart enough to see that Hendrix could score at will and foul out our best player at the same time.

He's a grade A fool. Every time I see his jaw on the floor as the other teams are dropping 3's on us like rain I want to vomit. He's an absolute cancer and is strangling what could be a very competitive program.

Hendrix will be jumping to the NBA next year and I would strongly suggest to Gee that he transfer. Both of them should recognize that hanging around that assclown will do nothing for their potential pro careers.

While I do want Alabama to win when we play head-to-head, I'm always glad to see Willie Frank do well. We're from the same area and I grew up playing with and against him. I always love seeing Tolbert to stick to Gottfried, seeing that he didn't give him the time of day while in high school.

I'm just glad he wasn't smart enough to see that Hendrix could score at will and foul out our best player at the same time.

He's a grade A fool. Every time I see his jaw on the floor as the other teams are dropping 3's on us like rain I want to vomit. He's an absolute cancer and is strangling what could be a very competitive program.

Hendrix will be jumping to the NBA next year and I would strongly suggest to Gee that he transfer. Both of them should recognize that hanging around that assclown will do nothing for their potential pro careers.

While I do want Alabama to win when we play head-to-head, I'm always glad to see Willie Frank do well. We're from the same area and I grew up playing with and against him. I always love seeing Tolbert to stick to Gottfried, seeing that he didn't give him the time of day while in high school.

Win, you are a good sport. Thank you.

I do have a question, though. I thought Gee was supposed to be hot stuff. He didn't show me that much today. The whole team was off, for some reason. Why do they seem to do that much better at home? I can understand some better, but it's like night and day.

But let me say this, I was so proud of our team. Damn! What's it going to be like when Lebo has a bench? I'm not going to say, when he gets better players. I think the ones he has have shown us as much as possible. I'm very pleased with them. But them having to play 30+ minutes a game is just not fair to them. And don't think that it's Lebo's fault. Far from it. I just want him to be able to substitute some to rest his players.

No prob, AUAlum. Your guys play with TONS of heart despite a lack of size and depth. I really enjoy watching their style of play.

Gee is a unique player. He's a freakish athlete with a tremendous upside, but a very streaky outside shot and non-existent ball handling skills. Athletically, he easily has the skills to play at the next level, but needs consistency behind the line and at the foul stripe. He's not a pure basketball player and his game's very raw. With that said, if he were with a coach that could help him improve his fundamentals, he could be a more physical version of Latrell Sprewell.

Our team is composed of Gee-type slashers and few pure basketball players. Don't get me wrong, I'm not lobbying for grape smuggling shorts and the Princeton offense, but I do think the addition of some true basketball players would help immensely. Take Senario Hillman for example -- even though he has a 41 inch vertical, he doesn't have an outside shot to keep team's honest when he catches it on the perimeter. Justin Tubbs has lightning quick feet, but has never learned the fundamentals of defense and how to slide his feet. Unlike me, he has no reason whatsoever to hold and grab. He's got to be able to keep a good base, slide his feet, and beat/turn his man on the spot. There are several more examples similar to these two guys, as well.

I just feel like it's time to go in a different direction. As much as Gottfried and his Mrs. love to flaunt his mediocrity, it's worth noting that his overall SEC record is worse than his predecessor, David Hobbs. He made a living off of taking 8th seeded bubble squads to the tournament at a football savvy school and now he's unable to even accomplish that. I can't wait for the day that we wash our hands of him and bring in a real coach. Too bad his $1M/year, 3 year salary and $3M buyout has us by the neck.

I'm not a basketball guy but did watch the second half of the game and AU did out hustle Bama. I just figgered it was b/c of the trophy or that fact that we finally had a respectable crowd show up. Lebo has lost a lot of players, but the ones he has must love him to play that hard for him.

I only lately realized that Bama had problems with CMG. That buyout is a problem!!!

Unfortunately, a lot of the extra fan base were only there b/c of the Iron Bowl trophy. I just hope most of them stuck around after halftime to watch the b-ball team play the second half and put it on uat.

Unfortunately, a lot of the extra fan base were only there b/c of the Iron Bowl trophy. I just hope most of them stuck around after halftime to watch the b-ball team play the second half and put it on uat.

And how do you know this? I think most of the extra people were there because we were playing UAT not because of some stupid trophy. Very few people left after halftime. I remember in years past a herd of them would be heading out the door.

And what has happened to UAT fans? I come here after the game expecting post game talk, and all I get is bama fans thanking us for beating them. If I ever thank anyone for beating Auburn, please promptly place a slap across my face.

And what has happened to UAT fans? I come here after the game expecting post game talk, and all I get is bama fans thanking us for beating them. If I ever thank anyone for beating Auburn, please promptly place a slap across my face.

It's different.

We have a Cliff Ellis slithering along our bench without the halfway decent country music voice.

Hendrix is a beast. I hate to see him play for Bama b/c I really like to watch him play and play well. He is the UA b-ball team especially with Steele's absence.

The big difference today from a month ago is that we shifted who covered him more. In Tuscaloosa, it seemed QP was the only man on him each and every time down the court until he fouled out. This time, they spread who was underneath covering Hendrix. I think we did a good job of spreading the fouls we know are coming against a big physical guy.

Hendrix is a beast that's for sure. He can flat out play. I'm curious why the bammers want gotfried gone? He's been there for like 10 years or so, right? Is or has his job been in jeopardy? Is it just time for a change, or do you really feel like he's underachieved?

I think Hendrix is overrated and Gottfried is a joke.

Do you not ever watch Basketball? Richard is a monster, but when your coach has no clue how to get the most out of his other players, it makes it easier to stop someone's best player.

Hendrix would be welcome here at AU any day. He's a beast.

CMG is not a great coach, and he may not even be good at this point. Steele is a big loss, but we have no depth and a vertically challenged team and we still find ways to be competitive. Coach Lebo is twice the coach CMG is.

Hendrix is a beast that's for sure. He can flat out play. I'm curious why the bammers want gotfried gone? He's been there for like 10 years or so, right? Is or has his job been in jeopardy? Is it just time for a change, or do you really feel like he's underachieved?

He's been here for 10 years too long and is a drag on our program. His job security has been plummeting since this time last season, though, I've never liked him. 12 road losses in a row, a current 3-9 conference record, and a fading chance at a posteason birth...

The Elite 8 run of 2004 is STILL buying him undeserved time.

He's been here for 10 years too long and is a drag on our program. His job security has been plummeting since this time last season, though, I've never liked him. 12 road losses in a row, a current 3-9 conference record, and a fading chance at a posteason birth...

And what most forget, we were a missed floater at the end of being out in the first round if memory serves me.

And what most forget, we were a missed floater at the end of being out in the first round if memory serves me.

uat: Missed Floaters.

For the love of God, someone flush that.

I don't think I could ever pull for Auburn to lose. Even if the coach (Slater) was one I wanted to get rid of. I still want Auburn to win.

I don't think I could ever pull for Auburn to lose. Even if the coach (Slater) was one I wanted to get rid of. I still want Auburn to win.

I agree. I want Alabama to win everything they ever take part in. But there comes a time when change needs to be made, and this is it. That being said, I still pull for them to win every game.

Hendrix is supposed to be this monster but every time I watch Bama he is just a good player. Tyler Hansbrough at UNC is a beast, Hendrix is just good but not that good.

I guess that means you never wanted him to get the job in the first place? I don't remember that far back, but who was in the running with him when he was given the job? I thought being a former player and all that he was who the fans wanted. Do most uat fans wish he hadn't gotten the job? and want him gone now?

I guess that means you never wanted him to get the job in the first place? I don't remember that far back, but who was in the running with him when he was given the job? I thought being a former player and all that he was who the fans wanted. Do most uat fans wish he hadn't gotten the job? and want him gone now?

He was, at the time, a step up from Hobbs... But that was 10 years ago! We are on the verge of the worst SEC season for us in 38 years!! I do want him gone, and I wish him well, but I think it's time.

I didn't really have an opinion when he was hired. Gotta remember, I'm 20.

Either way, my dislike of Gottfried started in 2002. A loaded team earned a #2 seed in the tournament, but got bounced in the 2nd round by an inferior Kent State. Losing Gerald Wallace hurt, but not being prepared to play KSU was inexcusable. 2003 saw a team with Mo Williams and Erwin Dudley win a paltry 17 games and a first round loss in the NCAAs. 2004 is the obvious exception -- yet, that run would have never happened had Antione Pettway not hit a running floater in the first round against Southern Illinois. We went on to beat #1 Stanford and defending national champion Syracuse on our way to the Elite 8. This may be the only year Alabama achieved it's full potential, and, even then, we were an 8 seed. 2005 and 2006 were years Bama was supposed to play for it all. Loaded rosters on both squads, yet, zero NCAA tourney wins to show for it.

This year is a total embarrassment. 3-9 with this talent? He should quit.

Archived