Just got back from the game

PChamp119

I just want to give a great Thanks to the Auburn basketball team for picking up the W today vs Alabama. It is the only game I got to see in person this year and it was great. Always a great day when you beat Bama!

Had to sit up in the top of the seats and sat next to an annoying Alabama fan (some high school punk with his Auburn friends). My folks, gf, and I were annoyed. The gf even went as far to say "I think Alabama fans are worse than Georgia fans (she's a GT grad)." Fortunately we moved down to the lower corner besides the bench and was able to get a better feel for the atmosphere just after we fell down 23-13. I guess moving helped the team play better :D

Tuberville was enjoyable. "Regardless of what you may have read or heard.... we WILL have a football team next year! We've won six and we're working on Seven!" Tubs got a good cheer (obvious the fans like him) and Jay Jacobs did not. And ya gotta love ol Dean Foy. What a great man.

Not many Alabama fans there. In past years I thought I saw a bunch in one corner, but didn't get that feel this time. Good! I was disappointed more Auburn fans didn't show up. But it was still a good turnout regardless.

As for the team: I don't know what else you could ask of from those kids. Prowell and Tolbert were on fire. Lucas Hargrove - my God, where have you been all this time? The kid was amazing today.

Thanks for the W Auburn. Keep it up

PC......they play with a lot of heart and intensity. Maybe you saw in person why I feel like this program can go up with a little luck. I'm glad you guys had a good day on the Plains.

Tuberville was enjoyable. "Regardless of what you may have read or heard.... we WILL have a football team next year! We've won six and we're working on Seven!"

I laughed my ass off when he said that.

I'm convinced we have the coolest coach in college football. I can't remove my bias to say for sure, but I'd think if I were a fan of a school outside the SEC, he would be the one coach that I liked besides my own.

He just has such a cool subtle way of slamming his detractors that cracks my $h!t up.

Archived