SEC Tournament

CircleDrill

Anybody watching the SEC tournament? A tornado just hit the GA Dome while the game was going on.

Turn it on if you are not watching it.

Storm rips holes in dome, stops SEC tournament

i posted the same thing in the football forum i did not see your post over here.

anyone watching foxSS? They are saying outside of dome looks like a warzone and glass was blown out on the concourse.

i wonder how many people pissed their pants. I'm laughing but i'm glad no one got hurt and hope no one in the surrounding area was hurt.

My friend and I were watching the game live, and once they started talking about the weather and the players were off the court, Raycom's feed went static. We looked at each other and were like, we hope nothing bad happened. It seems no one was hurt, which is good.

My friend and I were watching the game live, and once they started talking about the weather and the players were off the court, Raycom's feed went static. We looked at each other and were like, we hope nothing bad happened. It seems no one was hurt, which is good.

the dome is a stout building very well engineered while it may have a fabric top it is a reinforced concrete structure. I’m sure they took in to account minimal tornados when it was designed.

the dome is a stout building very well engineered while it may have a fabric top it is a reinforced concrete structure. I’m sure they took in to account minimal tornados when it was designed.

Oh, no doubt. I would rather be in a dome stadium in bad weather than just about anywhere reasonable.

Just the word "dome" implies strength, so I'm sure it was as good a place to be than any.

Wow...talk about a huge advantage for Mississippi State, not that they had any hand in it:

* UGA-Kentucky tip in about 15 minutes (11:00 CST)

* Tennessee-Arkansas at 5:00

* MSU vs. UGA-Kentucky winner after the UT-Arky game.

If the UGA-UK winner manages to win the tourney by winning 3 games in about 24 hours, that will be one of the most impressive things I've seen in a while.

I don't know why the SEC didn't do the following:

Why not let the first 4000 or so fans from each school be allowed to watch the game? Make it general admission to the first 9100 or so people to be split equally amongst the schools being played by each game. UK fans gotta be pissed to not be able to watch their team play after traveling.

It's gonna be a boring 4 games to watch with no fans in the stands.

Gotta feel bad for the UK-UGA winner to have to play twice today. You could almost think of the scenario that they have the semis and finals tomorrow (so no advantage), but I guess there would be a time issue and the winner of the second semi would be a little more tired.

Yeah, that and the SEC has to have it's automatic bid (tourney winner) ready by the time the selection show comes on at 5 pm Sunday night. You'd have to start at around 9 am to make sure you could get three games in by 5.

So UGA played earlier today and defeated arguably one of the top two teams in the conference. They won, in overtime (thus more minutes), playing only 8 guys. And 5-7 of them had the majority of the time played.

They are now playing MSU to win.

So they have a not very deep team and played two of the three best teams in one day. Therefore, they should be "tired" right? Too tired to play well in this game of course. Guys, this is exactly what I have been trying to say all year in that having 7 players play all season (keyword "season" and not even in one day) does not mean you are "out of gas" as some of you guys have claimed Auburn is.

These athletes work so hard, they are well-conditioned. Conditioned well-enough that they don't make excuses for playing plenty of minutes.

UGA is perhaps the worst team in the conference, record-wise, and they are going to win two games in one day versus the better teams in the conference. But this is impossible, right? I mean, these guys should not have any gas in them at all.

Please, Please, PLEASE WIN TOMORROW!!!!!

That is downright weird that we could possibly make the tournament

What happened to the "Well, looks like we lost" post ;)

Congrats to the UGA basketball team. They have played hard and deserve it.

UGA should just move all their sporting events to Tech's campus.

Don't get too excited. According to the posters on this board, UGA can't make it. They are too tired. They are out of gas. A team with so few players and playing so many minutes in such a period of time = why you can't win. :rolleyes:

Our honeymoon has ended.

I still don't see us beating Arkansas

How we have won 3 straight is a downright miracle

We won 4 freakin SEC games all year long

Is anybody watching the SEC Tournament final right now?

I know it's still early but Georgia has a 12-5 lead with 15:45 to go in the first half.

It's on ESPN 2 if anybody's wondering what station it's on.

Wow, no need to be nervous right now SouthLink.

Georgia's now leading 30-13 with 7:28 left in the 1st half.

Do you find it kind of ironic that Georgia may win the SEC in Tech's Arena.

30-17 550 1st

Go Dawgs, I hope they win and burst some crappy Big Ten or Pac 10 teams bubble. It is ok SLink, if you feel yourself getting dizzy just sit down and put your head down and BREATHE.

Archived