NCAA Tourny Discussions

PChamp119

So I go home to watch a few minutes of the games during lunch. There are three games being played and two channels in Atlanta broadcast: CBS and Peachtree TV.

CBS shows the MSU - Temple game. No Big deal.

Peachtree TV (which is an ATLANTA station) shows Kansas - Portland St. Why? Where the heck is Georgia? Why is UGA not being broadcasted... IN ATLANTA?

I called up my buddy at NC State and he's watching UGA in HD. Comcast in Atlanta... not in HD. Maybe I caught it during the 15 minutes without HD, but I'm thinking to myself "Comcast, you bunch of idiots." It amazes me the type of people that control our lives. Nobody wants to make sense of anything thesedays.

UGA up big at half. I liked them (I also didn't like Xavier). I guess I should've put more confidence in the pick in my money brackets. Stupid Paul...

Here's a good site keep up with the games. They show all the scores, plus you get a pop up that allows you to watch the games online... both audio and video. Georgia is still on fire from the SEC tourney... go dawgs.

Edit to add: You can easily change between games during commercial breaks and such. If you lose video, just click on one of the other games, after it loads, click back on the original game. It'll reload.

Here's a good site keep up with the games. They show all the scores, plus you get a pop up that allows you to watch the games online... both audio and video. Georgia is still on fire from the SEC tourney... go dawgs.

Edit to add: You can easily change between games during commercial breaks and such. If you lose video, just click on one of the other games, after it loads, click back on the original game. It'll reload.

There goes my afternoon productivity

Looks like midnight struck on Georgia. Great run for them and they showed they were more than a fluke. But they couldn't hold Xavier off in the second half.

It's hard to hold off a team that is getting a foul called on them every time they go down the floor and getting to the line while getting no calls in return. At one point late in the 2nd half, Xavier had shot 28 free throws and UGA had shot 2

Usually when you see a stat like that (such as Clemson/UNC a few weeks ago) you assume one team is an outside team while the other is a lowpost. Well, not in this game

Rather laughable to see Gaines getting hammered by 2 players and getting either no call or jump ball while Jackson/Bliss getting called fouls on balls that had absolutely nothing but ball (or in Jackson's case he never even touched the guy at all). My favorite was Bliss blocking a layup and getting the ball completely yet somehow it was a foul. Or, Jackson saving a ball out of bounds and having his hand ripped out from under him yet no call. Idiots.

At least try and make the calls remotely fair. I wouldn't mind some background checks to see if anyone had some money on the game.

We had our run. I was happy in the end with the team. Accomplished a lot lately

It's hard to hold off a team that is getting a foul called on them every time they go down the floor and getting to the line while getting no calls in return. At one point late in the 2nd half, Xavier had shot 28 free throws and UGA had shot 2

Usually when you see a stat like that (such as Clemson/UNC a few weeks ago) you assume one team is an outside team while the other is a lowpost. Well, not in this game

Rather laughable to see Gaines getting hammered by 2 players and getting either no call or jump ball while Jackson/Bliss getting called fouls on balls that had absolutely nothing but ball (or in Jackson's case he never even touched the guy at all). My favorite was Bliss blocking a layup and getting the ball completely yet somehow it was a foul. Or, Jackson saving a ball out of bounds and having his hand ripped out from under him yet no call. Idiots.

At least try and make the calls remotely fair. I wouldn't mind some background checks to see if anyone had some money on the game.

We had our run. I was happy in the end with the team. Accomplished a lot lately

So very true. I know it's popular to blame the refs for a loss, but that was ridiculous. They called everything on GA's 2 big men inside, on both ends of the court. I think they were in foul trouble before the half. :thumbsdown:

The jump ball called on Gaines when Xavier had just tied it? One guy grabs Gaines right arm while the other throws his body into him and touches the ball.....foul? Nah....somehow a jump ball even though no Xavier player remotely had any sort of possession.

I dunno, I was surprised.

Never seen a game where one team has 33 free throws and the other had 5 (and 3 of those 5 were last 1-2 minutes)

The jump ball called on Gaines when Xavier had just tied it? One guy grabs Gaines right arm while the other throws his body into him and touches the ball.....foul? Nah....somehow a jump ball even though no Xavier player remotely had any sort of possession.

Never seen a game where one team has 33 free throws and the other had 5 (and 3 of those 5 were last 1-2 minutes)

It was obvious with 10 minutes left in the game that the refs had decided that Xavier was going to win.

I am having to peek in and out of the break room here at work to watch any of it. Sad thing is that we just moved into our new house this week and DirectTv will not be there until tomorrow afternoon to hook up my dish, so I will miss several games. :realmad:

I am having to peek in and out of the break room here at work to watch any of it. Sad thing is that we just moved into our new house this week and DirectTv will not be there until tomorrow afternoon to hook up my dish, so I will miss several games. :realmad:

go to cbs.sportsline.com They are streaming EVERY GAME LIVE for FREE for the whole tournament. I watched uga a little bit from work and the feed wasn't too bad... check it out..

go to cbs.sportsline.com They are streaming EVERY GAME LIVE for FREE for the whole tournament. I watched uga a little bit from work and the feed wasn't too bad... check it out..

Thanks for the tip, but I forgot to mention that Charter will not be out to the house until sometime Saturday, so I have no internet at the house either and I checked and no one has an open access point around me. :(

You have to admit, though, it is very impressive to be so close despite such bias ref-ing.

Very. The team really kept pounding away even when the refs turned against them in the 2nd half

Apparently a writer at CBSSportsline saw the exact same thing we say - http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10724972

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- OK, I'm going to make this simple: Were the Georgia Bulldogs finally stopped by Xavier or overzealous officials?

Duke barely escaped yesterday, and now #2 Seed UConn is down by five at the half. It is early, but that could mess up some brackets.

Also, I was hoping South Alabama could pull a minor upset, but they are just getting pounded. 45-70 w/ a little under 8 minutes to go.

The goings-on in Tampa had to have spoiled anyone's bid for a perfect bracket...those would have been a fun 4 games to see in person.

So far I've only lost two Sweet 16 teams in my bracket, UConn and Vandy. Tampa was a wild one, too bad I missed the games cause I was at work. The SEC has taking a beating so far with Vandy, UK, and UGA put out but only Vandy didn't put up a fight which is sad cause they played Siena.

Duke going home in round 2...LOL> West Virginia is really dominating them...up 10 with less thana minute to play...68-58. I love it... I hate duke

One of our OOC opponents will be playing in the Elite 8. Xavier and WV will be facing off in the next round.

Archived