Tigers take game 2 vs. Kentucky

Stealing a quote from last week.... Where are all the fire Slater people?

Kentucky was undefeated and ranked #2 in the nation coming into this series.

It's just one series and there's still alot of games to play so let's not get ahead of ourselves and think we've accomplished something just yet.

Two wins doesn't get Slater off the hot seat by any means.

That being said, Way to go Tigers! WDE!

Yes. There is a long way to go, but it's great to get two straight wins in the SEC.

good win today (and yesterday). matt hall even pulled off the hidden ball trick in the 4th inning with runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs to get the leadoff man out (the next batter hit into a double play). maybe their luck is turning around.

Right here I am.

As the others pointed out, this series does not get him off the hot seat. If you know anything about Slater then you know that the last couple of years he has been able to pull something out of his hat like this only to tease us. We took 2/3 each from Arizona St. and Kentucky, the latter to close out the season, in 2007. Of course there was 2006 when we split what turned into a two game series against Florida State only to lose 2/3 against Elon and topping that by losing 10 in a row to close out that season.

You will find I was full of optimism during those two years, but please excuse me if I do not allow Slater to play me for a fool a third time by being a bit pessimistic this time. I love it that we have already clinched the series against Kentucky and it would be awesome to sweep it. I am not one of those that would wish the team to do bad just so Slater could get fired. I hope we can play like we are capable of, as this series has shown, and make a run from here on out. However, history under Slater does not favor that hope. Good job to the guys for stepping up during this series. Who knows, maybe was said or done behind closed doors to change the attitude of the coaches and players.

War Eagle!

Right here I am.

As the others pointed out, this series does not get him off the hot seat. If you know anything about Slater then you know that the last couple of years he has been able to pull something out of his hat like this only to tease us. We took 2/3 each from Arizona St. and Kentucky, the latter to close out the season, in 2007. Of course there was 2006 when we split what turned into a two game series against Florida State only to lose 2/3 against Elon and topping that by losing 10 in a row to close out that season.

You will find I was full of optimism during those two years, but please excuse me if I do not allow Slater to play me for a fool a third time by being a bit pessimistic this time. I love it that we have already clinched the series against Kentucky and it would be awesome to sweep it. I am not one of those that would wish the team to do bad just so Slater could get fired. I hope we can play like we are capable of, as this series has shown, and make a run from here on out. However, history under Slater does not favor that hope. Good job to the guys for stepping up during this series. Who knows, maybe was said or done behind closed doors to change the attitude of the coaches and players.

War Eagle!

I agree with you completely. Anyone that thinks Slater is the coach we need is fooling themselves. He was, at best, a decent asst. He is not one to captain the ship. I also agree that I don't want the team to under perform just so he gets the boot, but I will say this...if he doesn't make it to hoover and beyond...see ya. Even the idiot we call the AD can't ignore it any longer.

WDE

There you go. I have to say I agree with you all...if we do not make at the very least the SEC tournament (and probably a regional), I'll rent the UHaul truck myself. It just seems there was a small group of people that would make a fire Slater comment if the team lost a game, period.

I agree he is on a short leash and better produce this year, that being said, it was good to win an SEC series, now keep it up.

Slater has a lot more work to do to get him off the hot seat. It was a great weekend, though, as the Tigers need to build off of this if they are to continue their progress. I hope it keeps up.

Beat Mercer and get ready for :ut: !

Archived