Tigers Fall 8-4 in 11inn.

First . . . i am not lan expert when it comes to baseball, I just enjoy wathcing Auburn play.

But, does it seem that coaches let games get away from us by leaving a pitcher who is getting tired and is not as sharp as he has been in earlier innings. Pitcher was GREAT for the first 4 innings. Started to lose a bit of effictiveness in 5th . . . gave up one run.

Gave up 3 in the 6th . . . tied game.

Then the coaches change pitcher in top of the 7th.

Am I the only one that thinks they made that decision an inning too late?

I should have never gone to extra innings.

I would say no they didnt leave him in too long. He gave up 1 run through 5 innings. That would be less that 2.0 ERA. Pretty dang good. Also, Cory is a guy that gives up hits at times because he always throws strikes. He got out of a few jams earlier in the game after giving up a hit or 2.

It's a long season. You can't have your starters out there for only 5 innings every game, especially a guy having a pretty good start and someone who throws relatively few pitches.

The problem wasnt the pitching. We pitched well enough to win. We hit great against the starter and got him out of the game and into the bullpen early. Then, the hitting just died.

First . . . i am not lan expert when it comes to baseball, I just enjoy wathcing Auburn play.

But, does it seem that coaches let games get away from us by leaving a pitcher who is getting tired and is not as sharp as he has been in earlier innings. Pitcher was GREAT for the first 4 innings. Started to lose a bit of effictiveness in 5th . . . gave up one run.

I disagree. Woodall came in fresh and UT just roughed him up. He held the fort Friday night but couldn't do it today. Our bats just went cold in the last half of the game. We were actually lucky to make it into extra innings. UT had more chances to win it in regulation,

I disagree. Woodall came in fresh and UT just roughed him up. He held the fort Friday night but couldn't do it today. Our bats just went cold in the last half of the game. We were actually lucky to make it into extra innings. UT had more chances to win it in regulation,

i will stand corrected . . . and count this as part of my continuing education.

i will stand corrected . . . and count this as part of my continuing education.

This time is free. It will cost you next time. :)

I would say no they didnt leave him in too long. He gave up 1 run through 5 innings. That would be less that 2.0 ERA. Pretty dang good. Also, Cory is a guy that gives up hits at times because he always throws strikes. He got out of a few jams earlier in the game after giving up a hit or 2.

It's a long season. You can't have your starters out there for only 5 innings every game, especially a guy having a pretty good start and someone who throws relatively few pitches.

The problem wasnt the pitching. We pitched well enough to win. We hit great against the starter and got him out of the game and into the bullpen early. Then, the hitting just died.

Actually, he's absolutely right.

No excuse for leaving him in in that situation when you have a bullpen like ours.

Five innings is enough to give the starter the win, and Luckie would have gotten one had they brought Thompson in to start the 6th.

Actually, he's absolutely right.

No excuse for leaving him in in that situation when you have a bullpen like ours.

Five innings is enough to give the starter the win, and Luckie would have gotten one had they brought Thompson in to start the 6th.

Guess we have a difference of opinion. Whether your scenario is right is speculation. The fact is both teams went into extra innings tied up, we are a home with the crowd behind us, and we had an ace reliever fresh on the mound. To me that's a good situation to be in. But, as I said, our bats went cold, we survived a couple of innings and just lost it.

Archived