Slater needs to look elsewhere..

Tom Slater has been around this team long enough. If we can't make up ground with what's left of the SEC schedule, then he should look for another line of work. I'm tired of the SEC losses. That, and the fact that USA has taken over as the best baseball team in the state. <_<

I agree. Espicially with this being an off year for the SEC West. Arky is bad. Miss St is terrible, Alabama is down on talent, LSU is not what they were and Ole Miss is up and down. This would have been the year to make a statement.

Remaining SEC schedule:

at Alabama

Miss St

LSU

They have got to win all three series to have a chance at the SEC tourney. A sweep thrown in the mix would help greatly. If they don't make the SEC tournament, Slater can box his stuff up...the UHaul truck will be in the driveway.

I agree. Espicially with this being an off year for the SEC West. Arky is bad. Miss St is terrible, Alabama is down on talent, LSU is not what they were and Ole Miss is up and down. This would have been the year to make a statement.

Oh, they made a statement alright...a little louder than the statement they made last season.

Too bad nobody in the Athletic Department is listening.

I think the loss to Samford just sealed Slater's fate no matter what now. We lose the game even though Samford walked or hit 16 of our batters.

My 10 year old son could coach a team to a win if the other team's pitchers gave us 16 freebies for crying out loud!

I think the loss to Samford just sealed Slater's fate no matter what now. We lose the game even though Samford walked or hit 16 of our batters.

My 10 year old son could coach a team to a win if the other team's pitchers gave us 16 freebies for crying out loud!

And if Jacobs doesn't have the sense to do it . . . . maybe he should be gone too.

Auburn athletics would not settle for mediocrity year in and year out in any other sport, why does the AD accept it in baseball?

I think Slater's gone regardless. He can't beat Troy or South Alabama with any consistency, not to mention he lost a series to Birmingham Southern a couple of years ago. I wouldn't even considered scheduling # 16 West Alabama (37-9). Imagine how embarrassing it would be to lose to a D-2 team in the state. Add that to the fact that he took over a 40 win team and turned them in to a 25 win team, and it just about seals the deal for him in my opinion.

As with all his teams, this team is crashing as the season goes on. Take away all the cream puffs at the start of the season and his record is horrendous. I imagine he has an overall losing record in the SEC. I have a lot of respect for Troy, USA, and Samford when it comes to baseball. Those programs are always getting the most out of their players. They get better while they are there. I would be willing to bet, that out of all the players on those three teams, that AU did not offer any of them.

It is shaping up like this team will not make the SEC tournament again. Currently 10th place.

Speaking of Troy, I heard an interview with their coach (Bobby Pierce?) right before the season. Anyway, he was pressed about taking bigger jobs in the interview and while trying to say all the right things and standard "Coach speak"...he did a poor job of trying not to say, "If Auburn calls, I'm so freakin' there."

This guy can coach..period. Jacobs needs to be all over him.

Speaking of Troy, I heard an interview with their coach (Bobby Pierce?) right before the season. Anyway, he was pressed about taking bigger jobs in the interview and while trying to say all the right things and standard "Coach speak"...he did a poor job of trying not to say, "If Auburn calls, I'm so freakin' there."

Jacobs couldn't get all over a two dollar hooker. Anyway....two words on a new coach.....Casey Dunn

Jacobs couldn't get all over a two dollar hooker. Anyway....two words on a new coach.....Casey Dunn

Agree and agree.

Today was just another reflection of Slater coached teams. Auburn had the game and three two crucial errors in the 7th gave the game away. Losing close games is a sign of poor coaching. I am so sick of Auburn hiring lousy coaches. I know Jay Jacobs doesn't care if we have a good baseball programs, but most of the fans and alumni do.

This is really getting old.

Five years of the same, old song. I keep buying my season tickets just knowing that this will be the season it all comes together . . . .

I am really thinking next year I buy tickets at the gate so when the season falls into its old form I won't feel bad about the money I've wasted.

This is really getting old.

Five years of the same, old song. I keep buying my season tickets just knowing that this will be the season it all comes together . . . .

I am really thinking next year I buy tickets at the gate so when the season falls into its old form I won't feel bad about the money I've wasted.

That's the spirit! Show that AU love. Your first mistake was buying season tickets because you think this is the year. If you buy them because you just wanna watch AU baseball, you won't have "wasted" your money. I get just as disappointed as anybody even more so with baseball because most people don't really care. I don't think of it as a financial investment though. I just love getting to see AU play, so I never feel like I've wasted anything.

Unfortunately for AU, they (Slater) have made a statement.

In basketball we say we need new facilities in order to attract talent and win. Well, it doesn't seem to work with baseball! We have one of the very best facilities in the country and can't win.

Watching UA pummel us with orange and blue bats was about all I could take yesterday. Our pitcher throws into the ground on successive pitches - way outside. Then he throws a few at head level. We wait until he loads the bases before warming relief pitchers. After a few runs come it, we replace him! Later in the game as I was watching on and off, I believe Bammer hit three straight home runs???

I'm too ignorant of baseball to know what is wrong, but I'm knowledgeable enough to know something is. Whatever is wrong needs to be fixed promptly.

In basketball we say we need new facilities in order to attract talent and win. Well, it doesn't seem to work with baseball! We have one of the very best facilities in the country and can't win.

Watching UA pummel us with orange and blue bats was about all I could take yesterday. Our pitcher throws into the ground on successive pitches - way outside. Then he throws a few at head level. We wait until he loads the bases before warming relief pitchers. After a few runs come it, we replace him! Later in the game as I was watching on and off, I believe Bammer hit three straight home runs???

I'm too ignorant of baseball to know what is wrong, but I'm knowledgeable enough to know something is. Whatever is wrong needs to be fixed promptly.

This goes back to his publisized strategy of pitching everyone he had to win both Friday and Saturday and worry about Sunday when he got to it. Well he didn't win Saturday and had absolutely no one left to throw on Sunday.

That was a sad display with your biggest rival and pretty much make or break series. The thing about it is that UAT is a bad team

Come on people. NEXT year is the year...for both Slater and Lebo. I can feel it.

Can you feel it?

I felt it.

It moved.

It was like a shot of B12. I'm back baby!

Come on people. NEXT year is the year...for both Slater and Lebo. I can feel it.

Can you feel it?

I felt it.

There you go talking about feeling things again. How many sexual harassment suits have to get brought against you before you learn? You're lawyer for cryin' out loud!

Archived