Auburn takes series finale 12-2

:msu: 2-8-3

:au: 12-16-0

Mummey was 3-4 w/ 4 runs scored. Fletcher was 3-5 w/ 4 RBI.

Bianucci (3rd day in a row) and Fletcher homered in the game.

Greinke victorious after six strong innings of work. Scattered 6 hits, fanned 2 and walked no one.

Need to win 2 of three the next two weekends to have a real clear shot.

They were wrong. Currently 11th place. Only a game back of 8th. We have a tie breaker on the current 8th, 9th, and 10th place teams, although Arkansas the current 10th place team had a cancelled game so they are 1/2 game off of us right now.

http://www.ncaa-baseball.com/conferences/standings_sec.htm

If Auburn can manage to win 2 out of 3 at Ole Miss (it seems a little unlikely, but it is what they will have to do if they have any hopes of going to Hoover), they will remain ahead of Miss. St. They will be either ahead of Kentucky or Tenn. or tied with one and 1 game behind the other depending on how the series between those 2 plays out. They will be 1 game behind Ole Miss. They could be ahead of Arkansas who plays South Carolina at home and leads Auburn by 0.5 game. They could also be within 1 game or even tied with BAMA depending on their home series with Florida (who swept Auburn by the way). Winning 2 out of 3 against the Rebels would put Auburn at 12-15 with a home series against a very tough as of late LSU team. Hoover is not out of the question, but I am not making travel plans until it's all in the books. Unfortunately, I don't see Auburn winning 2 of 3 in Oxford. I am expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. In the final weekend (Thursday through Saturday) the teams Auburn is within striking distance play the following (which is irrelevant unless they make some noise in Oxford) :

Kentucky plays Ole Miss at home

Alabama is at UGA

Arkansas takes on Miss. St.

Tennessee is at South Carolina

Archived