Game 3 at Ole Miss

Auburn lost game 3 and the series to Ole Miss by a 5-2 score. An appearance in Hoover is almost an impossibility. Sweeping LSU at home might get them in, but it would still be doubtful and LSU does not seem like they are going to lose a game much less be swept. Miss. St., Tennessee, and Auburn will miss the tournament and I predict Kentucky or possibly Ole Miss stay at home too. South Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, and Bama are all in a little jeopardy of missing, but only 1 of those 6 on the bubble are going to miss a trip to beautiful Hoover, Alabama. Also, I would be shocked to see Tom Slater return for 2009.

Auburn lost game 3 and the series to Ole Miss by a 5-2 score. An appearance in Hoover is almost an impossibility. Sweeping LSU at home might get them in, but it would still be doubtful and LSU does not seem like they are going to lose a game much less be swept. Miss. St., Tennessee, and Auburn will miss the tournament and I predict Kentucky or possibly Ole Miss stay at home too. South Carolina, Florida, Arkansas, and Bama are all in a little jeopardy of missing, but only 1 of those 6 on the bubble are going to miss a trip to beautiful Hoover, Alabama. Also, I would be shocked to see Tom Slater return for 2009.

I expect Slater to return. I guess it's kind of a catch 22. If we went out and hired a solid coach, Jacobs would eventually run him off just like Muschamp.

You know if we miss the tourney this year that is so far beyond sad. All you have to do is be one of the 8 best teams in a 12 team conference. We haven't been that in like 4 years unless a small miracle happens. Unbelievable.

Archived