Bammers

AUTigerWDE

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are getting their tail whopped in recruiting and i love it!! Looks like Dre Kirkpatrick and Tana Patrick are in the books. WDE!

Link?

Are getting their tail whopped in recruiting and i love it!! Looks like Dre Kirkpatrick and Tana Patrick are in the books. WDE!

Link?

C'mon dude......this is not an accusation, these are recruiting rumors/opinion and no link is required.

Link?

C'mon dude......this is not an accusation, these are recruiting rumors/opinion and no link is required.

Sorry I thought I might give him a chance, but I guess any thread with the title Bammers or "tail whopped" is asking too much. Just thought he might have something substantial. Carry on'

If someone is saying that Kirkpatrick is in the books for AU, they might want to drive up here to Gadsden and let Dre know about it.

Yea, from what I've read Dre has been a Bammer lock. I'd like to read something that spins otherwise, other than a posters opinion - as much as I'd love to believe it.

I've never had my tail whopped before. Could be kinky, could be painful. Enquiring minds want to know.

Link to tail whoppage?

I'm pretty sure a quick Google search would yield sufficient material on the subject (just don't let the wife catch you). :o

I've never had my tail whopped before. Could be kinky, could be painful. Enquiring minds want to know.

Link to tail whoppage?

You are not right!

PM me with info on what you find out....shhhhhhhhhh

Link to tail whoppage?

You are not right!

PM me with info on what you find out....shhhhhhhhhh

No need for the PM. Just meet me at the usual place and make sure you show up with vice grips, a pair of rubber gloves, a deck of cards and a Burger King Croissandwich (sausage, egg and cheese)

Oh, and call in sick to work, this could take a while.

Link?

Sorry I thought I might give him a chance, but I guess any thread with the title Bammers or "tail whopped" is asking too much. Just thought he might have something substantial. Carry on'

The rules of this board preclude me from posting links to premium sites, but ESPN sees the 2009 Recruiting Rankings like this:

#8 Auburn SEC 11 3 5 6 0 0

#28 Alabama SEC 6 0 5 1 0 0

Carry on'

Link?

The rules of this board preclude me from posting links to premium sites, but ESPN sees the 2009 Recruiting Rankings like this:

Carry on'

Isn't Auburn just being ranked higher than Bama because of the number of recruits and not because of rankings of players? There are several schools that have 11 recruits and ranked higher than Auburn. Out of the 11 recruits, Auburn only has 1 player with stars, and out of the 6 for Bama 3 have stars. In the end isn't that how they are ranked, and I am just asking, because I really don't follow recruiting, but have taken a new interest in the last 2 years. I really don't care, because until we show something on the field and show how we are going to use these players, it really doesn't prove anything.

Bama My Heart, if you want to count recruiting based on that, then you will have to concede last year's National Recruiting Championship, because Bama won over some other schools based on the number of recruits. They didn't win the star average contest, in fact they were sixth, which proves absolutely nothing. The whole star system is a great way for Rivals and Scout to pick your pocket for $$$ because you want so badly to believe in your program and want vindication to prove all the naysayers wrong. Only problem is, the only way to prove them wrong is to win football games. Gonna be another long year in Bamaland I'm afraid, at least if I believe what your OC Joe Pendry said last week. Yes, I know that Joe isn't the OC. But he should be. At least he doesn't have blinders on to the fact that you won't win championships with freshmen. My take on the whole situation is this: If it makes you feel better about your team, your tradition, and yourself as a fan, then by all means, believe that Bama is back, they will win the SEC this year and probably play for the Natty. Far be it from me as an Auburn fan to point out your delusions. God knows there are enough other people in this country pointing and making fun of you guys, that you don't need my 2 cents worth...

Isn't Auburn just being ranked higher than Bama because of the number of recruits and not because of rankings of players? There are several schools that have 11 recruits and ranked higher than Auburn. Out of the 11 recruits, Auburn only has 1 player with stars, and out of the 6 for Bama 3 have stars. In the end isn't that how they are ranked, and I am just asking, because I really don't follow recruiting, but have taken a new interest in the last 2 years. I really don't care, because until we show something on the field and show how we are going to use these players, it really doesn't prove anything.

BMH....you sound just like a lot of Auburn fans this time last year. :big:

BMH....you sound just like a lot of Auburn fans this time last year. :big:

Hey, when all is said and done, aren't we all alike? We love our teams no matter what, we support our coaches no matter what, and we hate our rivals and wish them ill except for death.

I just don't understand recruiting that much, and really never took much of an interest. I am so competitive that when some one like Julio Jones is maybe or maybe not coming to Bama, and everyone wants him, then I take an interest, but other than situations like that, I just wait until September and see what happens.

I have a question for those old enough to remember. Having been around during the days of Bryant and Jordan, it seems to me that we always assumed that if a guy got a scholarship offer to one of our schools that he was pretty darn good. I can't imagine Bear Bryant or Shug Jordan turning to a magazine or website written by guys who have never strapped on a helmet for advice as to what a good football player is. In my mind, they knew exactly what kind of player they were looking for and they usually found them. Fast forward to today and we have fans that seem to believe that the guys at Rivals have a better grip on who is good and who is bad more than the coaches do. If Nick Saban went out this year and recruited nothing but 2 and 3 star players, I know that he is still getting the players he feels will best allow him to win, regardless of where Rivals ranks his efforts. I love football as much as anyone, but I'm no better judge of talent than the idiots from the websites. To me they all look like a bunch of 18 year old kids playing a game. So my question is, how did the old school coaches evaluate players before there were stars?

I have a question for those old enough to remember. Having been around during the days of Bryant and Jordan, it seems to me that we always assumed that if a guy got a scholarship offer to one of our schools that he was pretty darn good. I can't imagine Bear Bryant or Shug Jordan turning to a magazine or website written by guys who have never strapped on a helmet for advice as to what a good football player is. In my mind, they knew exactly what kind of player they were looking for and they usually found them. Fast forward to today and we have fans that seem to believe that the guys at Rivals have a better grip on who is good and who is bad more than the coaches do. If Nick Saban went out this year and recruited nothing but 2 and 3 star players, I know that he is still getting the players he feels will best allow him to win, regardless of where Rivals ranks his efforts. I love football as much as anyone, but I'm no better judge of talent than the idiots from the websites. To me they all look like a bunch of 18 year old kids playing a game. So my question is, how did the old school coaches evaluate players before there were stars?

Bingo. Winner, winner chicken dinner.

Now, having said that, I'll be the first to admit that if you consistently sign classes ranked high by the "Experts", you will be consistently good. Unless of course you have a complete loser for a coach. But, the coaches have met, talked to and worked out virtually all these guys. They know who can play far better than a few geeks at Rivals, Scout etc.

Link?

Carry on'

Rivals only has one AU recruit with "stars". AU has 3 JUCO signees that were 3,4,and 5 star recruits out of HS and Rivals doesn't recognize those "stars". Many of these players will have "stars" assigned later. The recruiting services are normally behind the schools in evaluations of lesser known talent and follow the schools to see which recruit is being offerred. In some respects "stars" are a joke. If you follow patterns of how teams "offer", you can discern which coaches pay more or less attention to the recruiting service rankings. Fat Phil has travelled all over the country chasing stars for years, got some very high recruiting rankings, recruited a lot of talent without character and almost ruined his program.

ESPN has given stars to the AU JUCO players and that along with the large # of recruits is why AU is rated high. Go to scout.com, they have many of the AU recruits with "stars".

It is way too early to get too wound up about the recruiting classes, except to say that CTT was not caught off guard this year like last year.

What's goin on here in this thread?

Tana and Dre?!? :o

I'm speechless! I like what I'm hearing! This may call for a celebratory beverage! WOOOOHOOO! WAAAAR EAAAAGLLE! :au:

Suck it Bammers!

Archived