Bammers

AUTigerWDE

there is no scoop, until there are signatures involved no one is a lock anywhere.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bama My Heart, if you want to count recruiting based on that, then you will have to concede last year's National Recruiting Championship, because Bama won over some other schools based on the number of recruits. They didn't win the star average contest, in fact they were sixth, which proves absolutely nothing. The whole star system is a great way for Rivals and Scout to pick your pocket for $$$ because you want so badly to believe in your program and want vindication to prove all the naysayers wrong. Only problem is, the only way to prove them wrong is to win football games. Gonna be another long year in Bamaland I'm afraid, at least if I believe what your OC Joe Pendry said last week. Yes, I know that Joe isn't the OC. But he should be. At least he doesn't have blinders on to the fact that you won't win championships with freshmen. My take on the whole situation is this: If it makes you feel better about your team, your tradition, and yourself as a fan, then by all means, believe that Bama is back, they will win the SEC this year and probably play for the Natty. Far be it from me as an Auburn fan to point out your delusions. God knows there are enough other people in this country pointing and making fun of you guys, that you don't need my 2 cents worth...

Don't you think that the number of recruits that we had somehow resulted in the number 1 ranking?

there is no scoop, until there are signatures involved no one is a lock anywhere.

Prowlers post leads me to believe otherwise. He's more trustworthy and resourceful than most of the 'journalists' in the state for me. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

I might have to dip out of work early and tune in to Finescum to hear the turds try to spin getting worked in rercruiting this year...same as it evr was. Last year, as we have been saying time and time again was a fluke and we're just seeing that now and going to see it more and more and more as this year and later years go on. WAR EAGLE! SAME AS IT EVER WAS!

Bama My Heart, if you want to count recruiting based on that, then you will have to concede last year's National Recruiting Championship, because Bama won over some other schools based on the number of recruits. They didn't win the star average contest, in fact they were sixth, which proves absolutely nothing. The whole star system is a great way for Rivals and Scout to pick your pocket for $$$ because you want so badly to believe in your program and want vindication to prove all the naysayers wrong. Only problem is, the only way to prove them wrong is to win football games. Gonna be another long year in Bamaland I'm afraid, at least if I believe what your OC Joe Pendry said last week. Yes, I know that Joe isn't the OC. But he should be. At least he doesn't have blinders on to the fact that you won't win championships with freshmen. My take on the whole situation is this: If it makes you feel better about your team, your tradition, and yourself as a fan, then by all means, believe that Bama is back, they will win the SEC this year and probably play for the Natty. Far be it from me as an Auburn fan to point out your delusions. God knows there are enough other people in this country pointing and making fun of you guys, that you don't need my 2 cents worth...

Actually from what I saw, the recruiting services only rate the top 25 players in the calss to get their ranking. So the next 6 or 7 weren't added in if they had lower than ~2 stars or so. Everything I have seen from rivals and scout show only 25 players for the rankings.

the big issue is that with say 32 players, your low 1 and 2 star project players don't count against you like they do for a 25 man class.

Alabama won't be destroying Auburn in recuriting. Both schools will have decent players and it will come down to coaching or finding that one world beater player that changes games just by suiting up.

I have a question for those old enough to remember. Having been around during the days of Bryant and Jordan, it seems to me that we always assumed that if a guy got a scholarship offer to one of our schools that he was pretty darn good. I can't imagine Bear Bryant or Shug Jordan turning to a magazine or website written by guys who have never strapped on a helmet for advice as to what a good football player is. In my mind, they knew exactly what kind of player they were looking for and they usually found them. Fast forward to today and we have fans that seem to believe that the guys at Rivals have a better grip on who is good and who is bad more than the coaches do. If Nick Saban went out this year and recruited nothing but 2 and 3 star players, I know that he is still getting the players he feels will best allow him to win, regardless of where Rivals ranks his efforts. I love football as much as anyone, but I'm no better judge of talent than the idiots from the websites. To me they all look like a bunch of 18 year old kids playing a game. So my question is, how did the old school coaches evaluate players before there were stars?

Shug used to hand a railroad spike to potential Tigers. After biting the spike, if the young man handed back two pieces of spike, Shug knew he wanted him. :whistle:

What news though? Did Patrick and Kirkpatrick just commit to Auburn or is this just for s**ts and giggles?

At least its been entertaining.

Ryan

I figurede you Bammers would've learned youre lesson doubting and secondguessing The Prowler by now. He's proven himself time and time again and backed it up with cold hard facts each time. Guess you'll have to find out the hard way again.

WAR DAMN EAAAGLE!

You sound a little upset Bammer?

Disappointed you missed out on these 5-star recruits? I thought Saban had another cleansweep of the instate locked down?

Suck it bammer.

You sound a little upset Bammer?

Disappointed you missed out on these 5-star recruits? I thought Saban had another cleansweep of the instate locked down?

Suck it bammer.

I'll believe it when i see it. I'm just asking for proof of or why such a "rumor" exists. I haven't seen anything that would indicate that either Dre or Tana are leaning toward auburn. But I'm sure you are just arguing for the sake of the matter, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Man, me and my friends are over here crackin up at the sour grapes of you sore loser bammer fans...

...you just cant bring yourself to admit that Tuberville and Auburn are more attractive to players that want to be winners instead of drug dealing, gangster thugs. I always did think Dre seemed to be a bit more clear headed than his dreadlocked, gangster schoolmate J. Harris...who went to UAThug.

Again I say: WAAAR EAGLE!

I am wondering why the story isn't on the official places it would be just yet though. But there have been a lot of instances this year where meta and Prowler and those kind of people knew of a commit before it was official, so seeing that Prowler posted here, I have to like what I'm haering.

Man, me and my friends are over here crackin up at the sour grapes of you sore loser bammer fans...

...you just cant bring yourself to admit that Tuberville and Auburn are more attractive to players that want to be winners instead of drug dealing, gangster thugs. I always did think Dre seemed to be a bit more clear headed than his dreadlocked, gangster schoolmate J. Harris...who went to UAThug.

I am wondering why the story isn't on the official places it would be just yet though. But there have been a lot of instances this year where meta and Prowler and those kind of people knew of a commit before it was official, so seeing that Prowler posted here, I have to like what I'm haering.

Yeah, I was kind of leaning toward child playing on the internet but I guess you confirmed it. Question still stands.

Yeah, I was kind of leaning toward child playing on the internet but I guess you confirmed it. Question still stands.

I assure you, I'm no child, bammer. Typical tactic of a loser...splitting hairs, name calling, and slandering...doesnt change the fact that you know as well as I do...lookin like Kirkpatrick and Patrick to :au:

I assure you, I'm no child, bammer. Typical tactic of a loser...splitting hairs, name calling, and slandering...doesnt change the fact that you know as well as I do...lookin like Kirkpatrick and Patrick to :au:

Who's spliting hairs, I just want a point to this thread, ask one of your friends if you don't know?

So the trash talking about recruiting come from someone who admits they have no clue what is going on...

I haven't heard Metafour say anything about this yet. And Prowler hasn't added anything since "that's what I've been hearing too."

Again - when some real insight comes from this then talk, til then - why don't we just claim Julio Jones never really signed the dotted line and is really coming to Auburn! Let's start up another rumor that Saban is leaving Bama while we are at it. Maybe the BCS will claim us 2004 National Champions due to the Reggie Bush case as well!

Skeeter..chill a bit. Clearly Prowler's network has been proven accurate in the past, but even if these guys commit tonight it doesn't mean they won't change their mind later in the year. Jarmon Fortson (very good 4 star WR and Deron Furr's teamate) changed his commit to FSU 2 weeks before signing date.

You've got to learn to ignore the Bammers...whether we are having a little better or worse recruiting year than them, don't be so hung up on stars and the Bammers goadings. Bammers are scared because they know that the ONLY WAY $aban can build a team is through recruiting. CTT carefully selects his recruits and develops the recruits that buy into his program. This is a several year process and can't be measured in one or two recruits or even one recruiting season.

I figurede you Bammers would've learned youre lesson doubting and secondguessing The Prowler by now. He's proven himself time and time again and backed it up with cold hard facts each time. Guess you'll have to find out the hard way again.

WAR DAMN EAAAGLE!

Do I sense a man-crush???

j/k Skeeter

I'm not hearing anything to indicate that Tana is leaning more to Auburn much less now a lock. Let's wait and see what happens

Again - when some real insight comes from this then talk, til then - why don't we just claim Julio Jones never really signed the dotted line and is really coming to Auburn!

I'd be upset at that one. Dude is baaaad news. Give it a little less than a year, you'll see.

Somewhat unrelated, but did yall see where homeboy rolled up to a conference at the Mitchell Center in Mobile in a stretch limo? I don't even need to mention the many things that are wrong with that.

Neither Dre or Tana will wind up at Auburn.

I think you guys are going to have a solid class, but one that will include neither one of those guys.

Archived