Any news on a baseball coach

Everytime I check this forum, all I see is posts and comments about John Smoltz and "Check this kid out". Even though I am a Braves fan, I would kind of like to know who our new baseball coach is going to be.

Everytime I check this forum, all I see is posts and comments about John Smoltz and "Check this kid out". Even though I am a Braves fan, I would kind of like to know who our new baseball coach is going to be.

when something comes out about it, I'm sure someone here will post it. I guess, until that happens though, we aren't allowed to talk about other things in the forum? Sorry didn't get that memo. Besides, what do you care? You hate auburn anyway?

Nothing new to report. I assure you that when there is something newsworthy to report we will get it up ASAP.

I don't anticipate hearing much until after the CWS is complete.

Really does make you wonder if they're looking at someone involved in the CWS. Sorry to keep harping on Pierce but I really believe this guy would put us back on the map immediately and he's right in our back yard. Did I miss something? Is he out of contention?

I don't know who our next baseball coach will be, but hope he can build a program like the Georgia coach has in Athens. The Dawgs are hanging tough in the CWS. :thumbsup:

I don't know who our next baseball coach will be, but hope he can build a program like the Georgia coach has in Athens. The Dawgs are hanging tough in the CWS. :thumbsup:

It's up to Jacobs. This hire is huge.

Really does make you wonder if they're looking at someone involved in the CWS. Sorry to keep harping on Pierce but I really believe this guy would put us back on the map immediately and he's right in our back yard. Did I miss something? Is he out of contention?

I am right there with you with Pierce. He would be my leading candidate, but his name seems to be one of the least mentioned for some reason. At least they are looking at Dunn for sure. Count me as one of those that does not understand why we need to look that hard and far for a replacement with the coaching talent we have close by.

Like I said, even if we are looking at a CWS coach or not, I don't think we will hear much until after the CWS is over. I do seriously doubt we are going to lure any coach from any of the teams in this year's CWS, so if we are looking at one of them, then I think it is a waste of time.

Fire Perno!

I say that because there is always this segment of UGA fans that want to fire Perno during his off years then hibernate when we make the CWS

Fire Perno!

I say that because there is always this segment of UGA fans that want to fire Perno during his off years then hibernate when we make the CWS

Seems like all schools have their perfection segment. Everybody wants to win. That's what makes it so hard to consistently stay at or near the top. Two comeback wins in two games against tough competition has impressed me. Go :uga:

Archived