Nico Johnson commits tommorrow...

WinCrimson

The Andalusia linebacker holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, Arizona State, Clemson, Florida, FSU, Ole Miss, Oregon, Nebraska, Southern California, Tennessee, and Texas A&M.

He's listed as a 5 star prospect on Scout and a 4 star on Rivals.

LINK

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's actually going to hold off on the commitment until next Tuesday. I just learned that between the initial post and this one.

His grades are fine. He's not expected to have any trouble in qualifying.

Matt, I'll tell you that Nico has a lot of respect for AU and LB coach James Willis. He's always spoken highly of those who have recruited him from Auburn.

Matt, I'll tell you that Nico has a lot of respect for AU and LB coach James Willis. He's always spoken highly of those who have recruited him from Auburn.

That's good. That should make it that much better for him when Auburn beats Alabama the 4 years he's in college. :big:

I hope he commits to y'all today. Maybe it'll help us grab Tana Patrick.

I hope he commits to y'all today. Maybe it'll help us grab Tana Patrick.

where is it written in stone that Patrick will play LB if he signs with UA? if some things work out, maybe he won't.....

Patrick was locked up for UAT about a month ago and he will more than likely grow into a DE.

I would be willing to bet $250 that Nico Johnson goes to Alabama. And I know hardly anything about recruiting - I don't have subscriptions to rivals and all that kind of stuff. Call it a feeling, but I just see a "Nico Johnson" being an Alabama Football player. Same goes for "Tana Patrick." The latter seems kind of like an Ole Miss name as well. But no way in hell does Nico go to Auburn. Definitely see him wearing the Crimson.

One of these days soon, and it might not be this time, but the time is coming when PChamp and others like him are going to have to eat crow! I welcome the day that such self assured arrogance loses.WDE!

I would be willing to bet $250 that Nico Johnson goes to Alabama. And I know hardly anything about recruiting - I don't have subscriptions to rivals and all that kind of stuff. Call it a feeling, but I just see a "Nico Johnson" being an Alabama Football player. Same goes for "Tana Patrick." The latter seems kind of like an Ole Miss name as well. But no way in hell does Nico go to Auburn. Definitely see him wearing the Crimson.

Way to go out on a limb there. :roflol::roflol:

One of these days soon, and it might not be this time, but the time is coming when PChamp and others like him are going to have to eat crow! I welcome the day that such self assured arrogance loses.WDE!

Actually, it's happened quite a bit. He just tends to get quieter until the cold winds blow his way again.

In a slight change of plans...

Nico's commitment will be within the next week, but cannot be pegged on a certain day. There will be no press conference but rather only articles on Rivals and Scout. The coaches of the school he has chosen will be told on Sunday.

Nico's commitment will be within the next week, but cannot be pegged on a certain day. There will be no press conference but rather only articles on Rivals and Scout. The coaches of the school he has chosen will be told on Sunday.

Whether he commits tomorrow or in 5 months, everyone knows where he is going. No need for theatrics.

I hate to say it, but he sounds a tad cocky. I know, I know, if he chooses Auburn I'll shut up. No, I don't think so. I'll still think he's cocky.

No presser screams of lack of cockiness...especially in this day in age where aspiring water boys hold pressers to indicate their college of choice.

No presser screams of lack of cockiness...especially in this day in age where aspiring water boys hold pressers to indicate their college of choice.

That's what I was thinking also. Thought it was a little refreshing actually. Why do you think he is delaying his decision. Second thoughts? The way everyone talks he's been a bama lock from birth.

That's what I was thinking also. Thought it was a little refreshing actually. Why do you think he is delaying his decision. Second thoughts? The way everyone talks he's been a bama lock from birth.

He is a Bama lock. I have no idea why he's holding off.

Maybe they have something planned at the school for him even though there's no presser.

Looks like it's down to Bama and FSU. Bama pulls it out in the end.

Oh, if its down to those two, he's holding out for more money. :poke:

yep... all out bidding war..

Looks like it's down to Bama and FSU. Bama pulls it out in the end.

Says who? To my recollection, he's never visited FSU.

And I'll advise you all to not be looking for a commitment tomorrow. Likely in the near future, but not Tuesday.

Archived