"Every play's a fight"

Birmingham

That's Coach Tommy Tuberville's response when asked about yet another fight that left

defensive back Marcus Jemison on crutches leaving practice early in an air cast. Tuberville said he was not concerned that the injury appeared to be caused in the midst of a fight.

You can't tell me that if this was happening at Alabama and it was Coach Nick Saban that was saying word for word what Coach Tommy Tuberville is saying you wouldn't bring the heat. I'm sure this is going to end up in the woodshed where it DOES NOT belong, I want to know if anyone has answers about this. Not a defense, answers.

Why are the only ones trying to make a huge story out of a non-story Bama fans who weren't even at the practice? Give it a rest. Your team should be doing enough to keep you concerned.

Imagine what we're going to do to teams that we don't like....like uat, Bwwaahhhahahhaahah.

it's the off season, we discuss what's going on in our conference just like Auburn fans and every fan does. Why wouldn't we talk about it? I understand why you would talk about all of our arrests, there is certainly something there that is worth talking about. Why wouldn't I want to talk about the fights that keep happening at AU? There's certainly something there and so to keep saying {nothing to see here, move on move on} is like a cop pushing people away from a wreck.

Hmm...10 arrests and a few fights in 95 degree heat in August football practice. Yeah, those things are equally newsworthy.

Are you saying that they are equal or are you making a sarcastic post while pointing at someone else that is saying they are "equal". Since you are the only one who has said it I'll assume the former.

Though two things are not equal, it doesn't keep them both from being talked about or worthy of being talked about for that matter.

Do you ever shut up?

Obviously you have never suited up. Otherwise, you would know that tempers being lost are the norm when it comes to practicing football in 90+ degree weather. Heck, I remember my junior year, almost coming to blows with my QB because he kept throwing balls over my head on my routes up the middle.

I can promise you that UAT has had their share of flare-ups also, but the bammerham media has not reported it.

Hmm...10 arrests and a few fights in 95 degree heat in August football practice. Yeah, those things are equally newsworthy.

Are you saying that they are equal or are you making a sarcastic post while pointing at someone else that is saying they are "equal". Since you are the only one who has said it I'll assume the former.

Though two things are not equal, it doesn't keep them both from being talked about or worthy of being talked about for that matter.

...You mean you really had to ask that question....wow.

You're not the brightest bulb in the box.

That's Coach Tommy Tuberville's response when asked about yet another fight that left

defensive back Marcus Jemison on crutches leaving practice early in an air cast. Tuberville said he was not concerned that the injury appeared to be caused in the midst of a fight.

You can't tell me that if this was happening at Alabama and it was Coach Nick Saban that was saying word for word what Coach Tommy Tuberville is saying you wouldn't bring the heat. I'm sure this is going to end up in the woodshed where it DOES NOT belong, I want to know if anyone has answers about this. Not a defense, answers.

All you do is flame flame flame. That is all you are good for. Give it a rest.

wranger12 wrote:

Do you ever shut up? We're not on a forum to shut up.

Obviously you have never suited up. Otherwise, you would know that tempers being lost are the norm when it comes to practicing football in 90+ degree weather. I don't here about daily fights anywhere else. Feel free to inform me since they are the norm or do you want me to just believe you? I know fights happen, but fights happening everyday and followed by the way CTT is lackadaisical about it is what this is about.

Heck, I remember my junior year, almost coming to blows with my QB because he kept throwing balls over my head on my routes up the middle.

I can promise you that UAT has had their share of flare-ups also, but the Birmingham media has not reported it. So it's a -only report good things about Alabama and bad things about Auburn- kind of thing? Sweet, a conspiracy! You just validated your entire post!

creed wrote:

...You mean you really had to ask that question....wow. You might need to read the entire post, I was pointing out that titan made reference to something that had not been said.

TitanTiger wrote:

You're not the brightest bulb in the box. Is that your response? I got your PM, I try to play nice and apologize but that doesn't mean I'm throwing softballs. There's a legitimate issue you are choosing to ignore and when brought to task all you can say is.... "You're not the brightest bulb in the box." ??? Yours and CTT's response in these fights are looking a lot like red flags and it's only a matter of time before some Auburn fans follow suit with everyone else in realizing their might be a problem.

Yea B'ham won't be winning jeapordy anytime soon. It is somewhat amusing to watch him try to make something out of nothing with AU. With the debacle going on in tuscalooser, I guess I understand. They are a laughingstock and have been the brunt of many jokes. so I guess he desperately wants something bad to happen at AU so he can feel better about being a bammer.

Birmingham, will you please keep posting so that the stereotype of bammers can be re-enforced with every post you make. I bet Bamagrad03 wished you would just disappear.

BTW..what was that crap you were babbling in response to my post. My brain had a hard time comprehending it. Might be because it has developed beyond playground banter. Oh, and I liked the way how you did not respond to my comment about you never suiting up with an affirmative (that means "yes") or a negative (that means "no"). Not that suiting up makes anybody on this board more important then the other, but it does matter if you are commenting about things you know nothing about.

So it is accurate to say that if the tables were turned and it was Alabama that was averaging a fight a day than you wouldn't have posted a thread about it? I haven't been here long but I've been here long enough to know that you would be going for Sabans throat.

So it is accurate to say that if the tables were turned and it was Alabama that was averaging a fight a day than you wouldn't have posted a thread about it? I haven't been here long but I've been here long enough to know that you would be going for Sabans throat.

A fight a day, your on something. And Link??

He won't validate anything, two fights over seven practices = a fight a day :rolleyes: . I still don't understand why the mods keep him around. I wish Argo would post more and this idiot would post less.

the AU Rivals site has been reporting scuffles on a daily basis. they did report about Jemison being injured, but did not say why or how. go to AU's Rivals site and check the practice reports.

the AU Rivals site has been reporting scuffles on a daily basis. they did report about Jemison being injured, but did not say why or how. go to AU's Rivals site and check the practice reports.

I have a premium membership and it doesnt say anything about fights, nice try.

I have a premium membership and it doesnt say anything about fights, nice try.

then apparently you cannot read. nice try. you should look in some of the practice reports under the "Quick Hitters" section. other than Furr, there have been at least 2 other fights requiring separation by coaches. so, not really on a "daily" basis, but still they are getting reported. do i think yall would be all over CNS if it were happening at UA? sure. does it really matter? no. just something else to talk about in the off season i suppose. theres times at the firehouse things have gotten physical but everybody is fine and joking around 15 minutes later, so whatever.

this forum is slowly regressing into al.com forums.... :puke:

Yeah that's the truth, you can't even come on here anymore and enjoy things due to a certain population of the membership.

Is that your response?

Yep. It was the one you deserved.

I got your PM, I try to play nice and apologize but that doesn't mean I'm throwing softballs.

I'm not sure if you were given the wrong impression, but there's not a job opening for some 20/20 or Dateline wannabee here.

There's a legitimate issue you are choosing to ignore

Actually, it's not a legitimate "issue", it's a normal issue that happens in many football practices across the country from junior high to the pros.

For instance, the Titans and the Rams practiced together and some fights broke out.

And there was a scuffle between the offensive and defensive linemen at Louisville.

Then there was a minor dustup between members of the 49ers and Raiders practicing together.

Those are just a few of the ones people actually write about. You're just being an ass in a desperate attempt to cling to anything that will deflect from the cell block you call a football program up there.

and when brought to task all you can say is.... "You're not the brightest bulb in the box." ???

Yours and CTT's response in these fights are looking a lot like red flags and it's only a matter of time before some Auburn fans follow suit with everyone else in realizing their might be a problem.

No we won't. You're projecting your hopes and dreams where they aren't welcome.

If AU loses to ULM, then I will concede that you have a point and yes, I will excoriate CTT for it. Until then, there's no reason for you to bring in $abun when you wish to talk about AU football. What's the latest on the depth chart over there?

Archived