Bama loses 4* DB Lett to South Alabama

rebdawg

That's right folks. This player isn't one of Shula's, he was part of Saban's '07 class. He was ranked a 4* CB at rivals.com (#13 in the country) and is big - 6'2" 205 with 4.5 speed. Scout had him ranked as the 40th best safety in the country and #1 in Florida. He was one of the highest rated players in Saban's first class. He is a big time player and he is leaving Alabama. So absolutely no argument about him not being good enough for Bama will ever fly here, this was one of the best players on the team. No typical Bammer claims of him having a bad attitude will wash either because he is known as a character kid. Lett is transferring to The Univeristy of South Alabama to play for coach Joey Jones.

No one move a muscle because there IS something to see here. This is a big deal. 10 arrests and now the players with solid character are starting to bail.

:poke: OK, that is overstating it but it is a coup for South.

I'm sure the kid has a good reason and i'd be willing to bet it's not nearly as exciting as many here would like.

I'm sure the kid has a good reason and i'd be willing to bet it's not nearly as exciting as many here would like.

If I were to guess, it would have a lot to do with USA being an hour from home. Remember, that's one of the reasons Tray came our way.

If I were to guess, it would have a lot to do with USA being an hour from home. Remember, that's one of the reasons Tray came our way.

This is the take on it (excuse for it?) on al.com:

Former Tide player Chris Lett is headed to South Alabama

by Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register

Friday August 15, 2008, 5:32 PM

Rivals.com

Lett was ranked No. 100 on the Press-Register's Super Southeast 120 coming out of high school.Remember Chris Lett?

The defensive back from Pensacola signed in 2007 as a member of Alabama coach Nick Saban's first signing class, but the following fall wasn't cleared to practice with the Crimson Tide because of a diabetic condition that ultimately caused him to be placed on medical scholarship.

Well, apparently Lett's college football days aren't over just yet.

He has signed to join the new program at South Alabama, according to this update posted on the Press-Register's breaking news site.

"Chris is a big-time player, and after meeting him he is an even better person. He will make a tremendous impact on building this South Alabama football program," USA coach Joey Jones said. "He's a player with great versatility who is big and physical enough to play the run, but has the cover skills of a cornerback."

Good luck to Lett. It would be a miraculous story if he makes it back to contribute for USA's first-ever team.

That's right folks. This player isn't one of Shula's, he was part of Saban's '07 class. He was ranked a 4* CB at rivals.com (#13 in the country) and is big - 6'2" 205 with 4.5 speed. Scout had him ranked as the 40th best safety in the country and #1 in Florida. He was one of the highest rated players in Saban's first class. He is a big time player and he is leaving Alabama. So absolutely no argument about him not being good enough for Bama will ever fly here, this was one of the best players on the team. No typical Bammer claims of him having a bad attitude will wash either because he is known as a character kid. Lett is transferring to The Univeristy of South Alabama to play for coach Joey Jones.

No one move a muscle because there IS something to see here. This is a big deal. 10 arrests and now the players with solid character are starting to bail.

You are aware that he wasn't cleared to play, right? Do you even have a clue whats going on? Next you'll say that Bamas best LB Zeke Knight is leaving school to make more room for Saban's guys.

So not being cleared to practice is an excuse? Or do you think that is a cover up :rolleyes:

Based on the original post, you would think that the kid left because he didn't like Saban. All the reason why you wait until you hear why someone leaves before making accusations.

As much as I would love for Lett to succeed, I'm afraid his diabetes is not going to let him.

At any rate, a damn good football player with an unfortunate situation. If ANY Dr. could get a handle on his blood sugar, he'd be a star.

I really don't see how they're expecting him to play at USA. You're either sick, or you're not... Lett's pretty bad off from what I understand.

As I recall he had some SERIOUS issues with his diabetes...life threatening issues.

He was never even able to get clearance to practice at UA.

BTW, even Faulkner University wouldn't take Zeke Knight.

I know these guys have worked hard to get where they were, but football has to take a backseat when there is serious danger to life involved. Someone is going to be held accountable if Lett gets in serious condition.

Wow, what an intricate research you've done to come up with nothing out of something. However, I'll be more gracious than my brethren bama posters on this board and say Kudos for your wasted efforts. At least you better get some recognition out of probably a whole day of pasting irrelevant information together. So I commend you on a job... DONE... and tell you to keep on digging, maybe next time you'll be a bit luckier. :thumbsup:

So not being cleared to practice is an excuse? Or do you think that is a cover up :rolleyes:

Based on the original post, you would think that the kid left because he didn't like Saban. All the reason why you wait until you hear why someone leaves before making accusations.

pchamp....Do you have season tickets to see uat?

So I am supposed to be bias towards Auburn because I am a fan and an Alum without any factual evidence to defend the original post and just pile on, even after evidence proved it the original post was completely false? Hmmm, maybe I'll start a false thread that DeRon Furr left the team because he wasn't getting along with our team and couldn't handle the way our program is run... oh wait that was actually true as it turned out. OK, maybe I'll start a thread, since apparently that is what you want me to do, about some rumor that an Alabama player doesn't like Saban and is wanting to leave the team but the Lord of Death, Nick Saban, has control over him and won't let him leave.

So I am supposed to be bias towards Auburn because I am a fan and an Alum without any factual evidence to defend the original post and just pile on, even after evidence proved it the original post was completely false? Hmmm, maybe I'll start a false thread that DeRon Furr left the team because he wasn't getting along with our team and couldn't handle the way our program is run... oh wait that was actually true as it turned out. OK, maybe I'll start a thread, since apparently that is what you want me to do, about some rumor that an Alabama player doesn't like Saban and is wanting to leave the team but the Lord of Death, Nick Saban, has control over him and won't let him leave.

How about you just not chime in at all and let the actual Alabama fans defend their program. :thumbsup:

You don't have to join in with the baseless bashing, but you also don't have to always be the first to side with them.

I vote this thread a total crash and burn! Well done.

Do you get a vote?

It seems some of our resident Bammers struggle with reading comprehension.

I will explain it so that a three year old (or Bama grad) can understand. Of course this kid was not a key player. Of course his only real chance at playing is to go to an upstart program and try to prove everyone wrong. I wish him all the luck. I could see why Bama fans might actually think they had a reason to be upset with this post if I had not CLEARLY explained that I was exagerrating the circumstances for a yuck. There actually isn't anything to see here which is why I chose this story to have a little fun with.

Wow, talk about thin skin.

I will explain it so that a three year old (or Bama grad) can understand. Of course this kid was not a key player. Of course his only real chance at playing is to go to an upstart program and try to prove everyone wrong. I wish him all the luck. I could see why Bama fans might actually think they had a reason to be upset with this post if I had not CLREALY explained that I was exagerrating the circumstances for a yuck. There actually isn't anything to see here which is why I chose this story to have a little fun with.

Not so much thin skin as thin brains.

I will explain it so that a three year old (or Bama grad) can understand. Of course this kid was not a key player. Of course his only real chance at playing is to go to an upstart program and try to prove everyone wrong. I wish him all the luck. I could see why Bama fans might actually think they had a reason to be upset with this post if I had not CLREALY explained that I was exagerrating the circumstances for a yuck. There actually isn't anything to see here which is why I chose this story to have a little fun with.

awful.. awful save... you should have just waited for the thread to be swept under the rug buddy... "reading comprehension" really... you want to "CLREALY" use that??

awful.. awful save... you should have just waited for the thread to be swept under the rug buddy... "reading comprehension" really... you want to "CLREALY" use that??

Do I even have to say it? Clearly, I don't.

Do I even have to say it? Clearly, I don't.

lol, I would ask you to look at my post again and realllllly think about this one.. it's not that hard.. trust me..

Attacking spelling in forum debate is the last act of a dying man. It signifies that you know you are wrong but you have nothing to come back with. You're empty, every argument you have made has been crushed, you just refuse to admit defeat.

Here you go, buddy, I'll throw you a rope. Grab your red pen and start circling things:

Bahr Brighyunt cood wawk on wallder.

Nick Saybuhn caint wawk on wallder yet, but wait till he gits his crutes in.

Archived