Rivals Rankings are up

aubiescottie

Seeing that JUCO transfers haven't played at Auburn in years, as they either go somewhere else or can't handle SEC competition, they mine as well remain as 0 stars. Plus they counted in the classes years ago :rolleyes: Maybe that will change. After all the hype recent JUCO / Prep stars had that have failed, I will wait until these guys actually step on the field.

Bama can continue to dominate the state. We'll take the rest and coach them into the gems they really are. I want kids that want to come to Auburn and want to play hard. Not that the kids that go to Bama don't. I'm not saying I don't want the kids that go to Bama, because I would. But if they choose Auburn, that's what I like.

After all the hype recent JUCO / Prep stars had that have failed, I will wait until these guys actually step on the field.

Wait, you will give them zero stars until they actually step on the field because of the hype but the Bama players who haven't stepped on the field deserve all the hype and stars? Something doesn't make sense.

We just picked up a 5 star this evening. That should change the rankings a little.

According to Rivals he is a 4 star.

according to your beloved Scout, he is a 5*. he is also 24th on ESPN's ESPN 150 and the #2 LB in the country according to them, receiving a score of 84 (that is pretty much equivelant to a 4*), but should get a fifth star if he has a good season. he's pretty good, either way.

After all the hype recent JUCO / Prep stars had that have failed, I will wait until these guys actually step on the field.

Wait, you will give them zero stars until they actually step on the field because of the hype but the Bama players who haven't stepped on the field deserve all the hype and stars? Something doesn't make sense.

JUCO guys are just different from HS prospects. IMO, many of them (at Auburn) turn out to be busts. The praise Raven Gray received is very similar to that of this Eltoro Freeman fellow everyone is drooling over. Not saying he doesn't have talent - but when he practices with Auburn, we'll see if it is for real or not.

I, personally, am not a big fan of JUCO because the student-athletes are not practicing with the big boys from day one. They only have two, maybe three, years to work with an SEC program. There is less chemistry among them with the rest of the team. A lot of kids take a year or two to get adjusted to SEC football. For JUCO kids, that's all they have. And since they went to JUCO in the first place, they probably aren't a stellar student either. IMO, smarts go beyond just the classroom, but are often noticed on the field as well.

according to your beloved Scout, he is a 5*. he is also 24th on ESPN's ESPN 150 and the #2 LB in the country according to them, receiving a score of 84 (that is pretty much equivelant to a 4*), but should get a fifth star if he has a good season. he's pretty good, either way.

I didn't mean to offend. I don't use Scout and have never really gone there. I think he is a great player and a fantastic pick up, though not surprising. But I really do think he is a great prospect, I was just pointing it out.

Archived