"Fickle" fans?

WarTim

Read "explayers" previous posts. You decide.

I asked him several times to clarify his ambiguous statements about himself. ALWAYS NO ANSWER. The guy wanted to lecture us about D1 football because he is an “EXPLAYER”. Ex has NEVER answer any of my questions about his experience. Dude, you brought this on yourself.

WarTim, If I have lied, refer me back to my post. Till you do, it may be best to close your mouth to prevent anymore compressed air from leaving your melon. It has never been my intention to mislead anyone. That would be like, say, using a handle like: ExBoardofTrusteeMember... :D:lol:

WT I'll wait for you to produce evidence of my lie(s). Good Luck.

Does anyone else think that maybe WT and Ex are the same person??? How many personalities can you have???

War Cybil :lol: Read "explayers" previous posts. You decide.

I asked him several times to clarify his ambiguous statements about himself. ALWAYS NO ANSWER.

WarTim, If I have lied, refer me back to my post. Till you do, it may be best to close your mouth to prevent anymore compressed air from leaving your melon. It has never been my intention to mislead anyone. That would be like, say, using a handle like: ExBoardofTrusteeMember... :D:lol:

WT I'll wait for you to produce evidence of my lie(s). Good Luck. I'll wait for another $PUAT comment.

Does anyone else think that maybe WT and Ex are the same person??? How many personalities can you have???

War Cybil :lol:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WarCybil..... Now that's messed up.

I am an ex-walkon and I hold the coaches to a higher standard. I was around in the mid 80s when all the AU coaches "coached".

And I can damn sure tell you that the coaching we saw last year was frustratingly clueless. I hold TT responsible because...HE IS. The boss always gets the blame. I do not abandon the team and I do cheer. But I do question. The right of a fan has always been to question and discuss. Thats what makes sports what they are. Especially football.

Raven, enough is enough. This contant rambling back and forth is not what this forum is about. Let's end this. Let me be the first to say I did not come here to lecture anyone. I'm not a teacher and I don't do lectures. I simply posted a request to all fans to look at the circumstances and then make rational comments. It's a request. Plain and simple. Feel free to ignore it.

With regards to my ambiguous statements, other than the fact that I use an "EXPLAYER" handle, I don't know what you are talking about. Post the comment in question and I'll try and satisfy your curiosity.

WDE!!!

Raven, enough is enough. This contant rambling back and forth is not what this forum is about. Let's end this. Let me be the first to say I did not come here to lecture anyone. I'm not a teacher and I don't do lectures. I simply posted a request to all fans to look at the circumstances and then make rational comments. It's a request. Plain and simple. Feel free to ignore it. 

With regards to my ambiguous statements, other than the fact that I use an "EXPLAYER" handle, I don't know what you are talking about. Post the comment in question and I'll try and satisfy your curiosity.

WDE!!!

I will not re-type the questions. Reread posts: #50081 and #48293. But, to be honest, I really don't care what your background is, there is no prerequisite for posting here. ;) I fail to see where I have mislead anyone. Please indicate where this occurred, I would be more than happy to apologize for any deception. The members of this board (99.9%) are a positive reflection on Auburn University. I certainly would like to make sure that I am adhering to WEN conduct/posting standards.

I agree. I think these personal attacks detract from this great board. There are plenty of knowledgeable football fans here, let discuss AU football.

I fail to see where I have mislead anyone. Please indicate where this occurred, I would be more than happy to apologize for any deception.

Raven, you fabricated info about my background. Enough said.

As for the recruiting rankings, I asked you to show me where Auburn has finished top 10 more than once. You did not do so and I don't expect you will.

Well, according to this article, Auburn had a consensus #3 class in 1995, so that made two top ten classes within 5 years of each other and one that finished #11:

Auburn had a consensus No. 3 recruiting class in 1995. Coach Terry Bowden had gone 20-1-1 the two previous seasons. Auburn's future looked as rosy as Bowden's cheeks.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/012800/Sports/..._hitmiss_.shtml

And you know as well as I do that the only thing hindering chuck from giving you a more definitive answer is that most recruiting sites don't go back more than about 3 seasons in their rankings. Lack of available data doesn't prove your case so don't try to make it more than it is.

Thanks Titan, I appreciate the post. Hopefully if you go back and look at the intent of my original quote with regards to recruiting, you will see that I am simply implying that Auburn has only 1 (now two) top ten classes. To expect consistency in this area would be wishful thinking. Hey, I hope we get to that level more than anyone, but I understand history and I don't expect it. Here's to rewriting the history books!

WDE!!!

Titan - thank you for that - that is EXACTLY why I couldn't find this . .

explayer - nice fluff response . .instead of admitting you were wrong (like a man) - and taking back your ignorant comments about calling my bluff and feeding you BS - you CHANGE what you were trying to say . .

Then, you take inquiries by Raven and myself as to what your aforementioned link to CTT and Auburn is are try to say that we are lying and spreading falsehoods about you . .mmmmm .. okay . . .the more you post on this thread, the more you damage your credibility on this board. . . .

Let me tell you what this tells me. Both Terry Bowden and Tommy Tuberville have been able to bring a top 10 class to Auburn. . . .no reason to believe this can't be done with some degree of consistencey. To accept otherwise is accepting mediocrity . . .

I fail to see where I have mislead anyone. Please indicate where this occurred, I would be more than happy to apologize for any deception.

Raven, you fabricated info about my background. Enough said.

Wow. Show (specifcally) me where I fabricated ANYTHING about you. I suspect that will be a LONG time till you answer the question, if ever.

That's your problem:

vague + evasive + noncommital = A lot of unanswered questions that YOU prompted by YOUR comments on this board.

Answer questions = Problem solved or Retract/ammend earlier posts

:au:

Chuck, I think anyone who reads my posts can plainly see my knowledge of the game and facts surrounding certain events. If I was wrong as you imply, I would say so. I wasn't. Anyone can go to the beginning of this thread, follow it, and discover the truth. The fact of the matter is you read what you wanted to read, not the intent. No fluff just fact. The same can be said about my background and that too can be found by looking at all my posts. The truth will set you free!

Chuck I hope you have a great day and WDE!!!

BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAH

Okay . .let's search:

quote from explayer:

"As for recruiting, Auburn has had maybe one top 10 recruiting class in the last 40 years! To expect that from Coach T is wishful thinking. Can it be done? Yes. Will it? Probably not. Never has happened, probably never will."

another quote from explayer:

"Chuck I would like for you to PROVE to me where Auburn has had more than 1 top 10 recruiting year in the last 40 years. I remember 4 great years that come readily to mind; one under Dye, one under Bowden, and two under Tubb's. Yet after all was said and done and the recruiting numbers finalized, I'm not sure more than one qualified as a top 10. Show me facts not BS please."

so you have been given two LINKS of two different classes in the Top 10, WITHIN the last 10 years!!! But now, anyone who reads back can tell what!?!? That you are changing what you meant so you don't have to admit you were wrong. . so you don't have to apologize for coming off like an a$$ . .saying I'm am showing you BS and that I couldn't PROVE to you that this happened.

explayer . .people post wrong statements on this board ALL of the time . . myself included . .and you know what 95% of them do . .ADMIT they were wrong, thank the other party for correcting them, because their bank of knowledge has been increased. There is no shame in that, in fact, its admirable, because everyone now knows you can admit when you are wrong, thereby making you a more valuable poster to this board (bamagrad is an EXCELLENT example here).

However, for whatever reason, you choose not to do this . .you choose to pretend its not what you meant, when it so clearly WAS!!!

In respect to David, who puts so much time on this board, I'm done - this thread needs to be locked . .HOWEVER, being the good sport that I am, I will allow you to reply to this post one more time before I lock it - just to show that I won't use my admin responsibilities to my advantage . .

choose wisely . ..

I'm not going to reread 8 pages of this stuff. What I recall is that Explayer said that AU had not had more than 1 top 10 recruiting class in the last 40 years. Chuck and Titan provided links that showed 2 top 10 recruiting classes in the last 10 years as well as a #11 ranking. Looks pretty simple to me.

Chuck, I'm glad you are a mindreader and can elaborate on my intent. I'm also thankful you admitted you make wrong quotes on the forum ( we all do). However, I wish you would address that to me personally and not in general. Chuck I make mistakes every day of my life! I admit them like a man when shown I've made a mistake. I will not however admit to something so clearly untrue. If I lied, I'd admit it. If I misquoted or mistated something I'd admit it. I didn't. It's really that simple. That's the end of this story and I'm glad you are putting it to bed. I think the people on this forum deserve better.

To quote a dear beloved friend, "my times up, I thank you for yours."

War Eagle everbody!

okay - so you are ending this not admitting you were wrong, something numerous people have already pointed out . .

fine . .

post locked

Archived