"Fickle" fans?

WarTim

WarTim - what you don't understand is that folks who complain about CTT or his coaches is that we still support Auburn. We still go to games, buy Auburn products, give money to the school, and cheer on our school.

However, as with everything I am a part of, I don't accept mediocrity. Maybe you are different, maybe you are happy with mediocrity, and that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but belittleing everyone who doesn't feel this way is both childish and foolish.

I think most everyone is aware of the fantastic things CTT has done for our program. Some (such as the talent build up until 2003) is fantastic, some (such as keeping us off probation and our players out of the negative news) is EXPECTED. What concerns us is that up until this point, everything has been uphill. CTT came in, won more games, and recruitied well. When his Coordinators got stagnant, he made two FANTASTIC hires (which he was forced to do), and we were still happy.

However, he then made a horrible, lazy, put myself and my coaches ABOVE Auburn decision. AND THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. He is paid $1.5 million dollars to put AUBURN first, not a friendship to drinking buddies like Nall and Emsinger. Then, this class is significantly below his par. It is DOWNWARD from the norm. THAT is also not acceptable.

Granted, CTT could do nothing about SACS - not his fault, but jetgate was a result of his ineptitude in making a rational decision, and you reap what you sow.

IF CTT can make a good hire with this OC, and we see results (no blow outs, diverse offense, use of resources) then I will be happy with him again. If he comes back and signs another Top 10 class in 2005, I will be happy again, but as long as I see the downward trend I saw last year and in 2004's recruiting, I will be concerned, and I will voice this concern.

Tell me, other than your typical response "WE ARE AUBURN," what did you see on the field last year that could give you ANY prayer of beating UGA or LSU next year? Are you content being on the same level of Ole Miss and Arkansas.

I sure as heck am not. I want better things for Auburn . .

Good post and I largely agree. However, it does no good to voice concerns over CTT's ability at this time. He's our coach through the 2004 season so we might as well get behind him and make his job as easy as we possibly can. Next December is the time to voice that concern and voice it loudly if it still exists. JMHO

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WarTim - what you don't understand is that folks who complain about CTT or his coaches is that we still support Auburn. We still go to games, buy Auburn products, give money to the school, and cheer on our school.

However, as with everything I am a part of, I don't accept mediocrity. Maybe you are different, maybe you are happy with mediocrity, and that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but belittleing everyone who doesn't feel this way is both childish and foolish.

I think most everyone is aware of the fantastic things CTT has done for our program. Some (such as the talent build up until 2003) is fantastic, some (such as keeping us off probation and our players out of the negative news) is EXPECTED. What concerns us is that up until this point, everything has been uphill. CTT came in, won more games, and recruitied well. When his Coordinators got stagnant, he made two FANTASTIC hires (which he was forced to do), and we were still happy.

However, he then made a horrible, lazy, put myself and my coaches ABOVE Auburn decision. AND THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. He is paid $1.5 million dollars to put AUBURN first, not a friendship to drinking buddies like Nall and Emsinger. Then, this class is significantly below his par. It is DOWNWARD from the norm. THAT is also not acceptable.

Granted, CTT could do nothing about SACS - not his fault, but jetgate was a result of his ineptitude in making a rational decision, and you reap what you sow.

IF CTT can make a good hire with this OC, and we see results (no blow outs, diverse offense, use of resources) then I will be happy with him again. If he comes back and signs another Top 10 class in 2005, I will be happy again, but as long as I see the downward trend I saw last year and in 2004's recruiting, I will be concerned, and I will voice this concern.

Tell me, other than your typical response "WE ARE AUBURN," what did you see on the field last year that could give you ANY prayer of beating UGA or LSU next year? Are you content being on the same level of Ole Miss and Arkansas.

I sure as heck am not. I want better things for Auburn . .

PLEASE, list ONE post where I said I was "happy", or even content, with mediocraty.

I simply get sick of all the folks who constantly bash Coach Tuberville and his staff. THEN, they proceed to jump on the players. All the while, calling themselves an Auburn man or woman.

Read the CREED.

As to your question, What do I see or what have I seen on the field to lead me to believe that we can beat Ga or lsWHO?

Well, WE BEAT THE CRAP out of lsWHO only one short year ago.

But for a fourth and 15 hailmary, we outplayed GA in 2002 as well.

Football is a game with a whole lot of intangibles that determine a season as well as each individual game.

THAT is my opinion and I will not "bash" you for yours. I do still reserve the right to express mine.(Within the rules of the board, of course.......... :D )

You sir, please, have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarTim - what you don't understand is that folks who complain about CTT or his coaches is that we still support Auburn.  We still go to games, buy Auburn products, give money to the school, and cheer on our school.

However, as with everything I am a part of, I don't accept mediocrity.  Maybe you are different, maybe you are happy with mediocrity, and that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but belittleing everyone who doesn't feel this way is both childish and foolish.

I think most everyone is aware of the fantastic things CTT has done for our program.  Some (such as the talent build up until 2003) is fantastic, some (such as keeping us off probation and our players out of the negative news) is EXPECTED.  What concerns us is that up until this point, everything has been uphill.  CTT came in, won more games, and recruitied well.  When his Coordinators got stagnant, he made two FANTASTIC hires (which he was forced to do), and we were still happy. 

However, he then made a horrible, lazy, put myself and my coaches ABOVE Auburn decision.  AND THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.  He is paid $1.5 million dollars to put AUBURN first, not a friendship to drinking buddies like Nall and Emsinger.  Then, this class is significantly below his par.  It is DOWNWARD from the norm.  THAT is also not acceptable.

IF CTT can make a good hire with this OC, and we see results (no blow outs, diverse offense, use of resources) then I will be happy with him again.  If he comes back and signs another Top 10 class in 2005, I will be happy again, but as long as I see the downward trend I saw last year and in 2004's recruiting, I will be concerned, and I will voice this concern.

Tell me, other than your typical response "WE ARE AUBURN," what did you see on the field last year that could give you ANY prayer of beating UGA or LSU next year?  Are you content being on the same level of Ole Miss and Arkansas.

I sure as heck am not.  I want better things for Auburn . .

Chuck-

You make some salient points, that most reasonable people would comprehend. Unfortunately your well written response to what you feel is lacking in the AU FOOTBALL program will fall on deaf ears. WarTim will most like respond in the following manner:

1. Are you from $PUAT???

2. Death to all Crimson

3. 28-23

4. 17-7

5. They sky is falling!

Or some ill conceived variation of the above standard canned responses.

:au:

No. I only make THOSE comments to inferior simpletons who have earned it!

Consider yourself bashed, By the best!

LOL

Oh, Look out for that huge chunk of sky that is traveling swiftly towards your head!

Actually T88, I think Raven refers to him/herself (?) as the little birdy. I simply repeated as much.

raven?

OH..........blackbird.

:D

However, as with everything I am a part of, I don't accept mediocrity.  Maybe you are different, maybe you are happy with mediocrity, and that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion, but belittleing everyone who doesn't feel this way is both childish and foolish.

Excellent point that countless people have made which, unfortunately, will probably never get across. hmm.gif

Some people have a holier than thou complex. wartim has an Auburner than thou complex.

Thanks....I think...BUT.....I am not "Auburner" than anyone. I am an optimist by nature.

I am a southerner by birth.

I am an AUBURN TIGER by the GRACE OF ALMIGHTY G O D ! ! ! ! !

Guest AuNuma1
I am an optimist by nature.

That's completely ok and I'll respect your opinions.

But when you constantly repeat them against EVERY opinion that differs from yours, to me, you come off as a "blind optimist" which I think is the reason you catch so much heat. Not to mention the fact that you accuse people of being undercover "spuats" when their opinion differs from yours...just my observations.

The following couldn't have been more true. Obviously the truth is hard for some to swallow. Please read carefully and try to understand before responding.

Chuck, if you know Coach T you know he did not move Coach Nall to the OC because of loyalty. He did so for stability. The move failed miserably and he's correcting that. As for recruiting, Auburn has had maybe one top 10 recruiting class in the last 40 years! To expect that from Coach T is wishful thinking. Can it be done? Yes. Will it? Probably not. Never has happened, probably never will. Chuck there is nothing wrong with hoping for better times at Auburn. However, those hopes should be realistic. Auburn has never been a dynasty. That point seems lost here at times. With regards for beating LSU and Georgia, I think we can win both games. I think the key is JC. If he becomes a leader I think it will happen!

To elaborate on some FACTS:

I noted in the above paragraph Auburn has had maybe one top 10 recruiting class in the last 40 years. Never did I say they never have.

His move to Nall was for stability. Spoken straight from Coach T's mouth multiple times prior to making that decision. Was it the right move? In hindsight, no. Again, he is changing that and should be commended for doing so.

Chuck, you said it yourself as I did in an earlier post, the SCAL and LSU games were not embarassments! And yes, the Georgia game was close and we had our chances. Did you forget what the score would have been if we had scored before halftime? Score there and it's a different game period! You are talking a 14 point swing!

I've never stated nor will I ever say I'm for mediocrity. I've never seen anyone here say that. Several posters here have a problem reading, comprehending what they read, and then they spread false statements. If that offends you, stop doing it! While I'm not for mediocrity, I'm not of the opinion we have to improve every year. No team in the history of sports has accomplished that feat! But suddenly Auburn should? I don't think so.

I've said before and I'll say it again, do not be confused over comments people on this forum make about me and D1 football. Go back and read my posts and you will see that was started by someone other than myself.

let's see . .

-NEVER get shut out

-NEVER get held under 10 points

-NEVER give Carnell the ball only 4 times in one half (unless he is a) hurt, or we are up by 30 already)

-Don't go so conservative that we blow the lead (UGA 2002)

-Find a use for the talent in the backfield

-Let Jason run

-Throw downfield

-use the tight end

-make the WR coach DEVELOP the WR's. . if this doesn't happen, make it clear to the HC that they are unhappy with Knox.

-NEVER run an empty backfield shotgun formation inside the opponents 5 yard line and actually throw the ball.

how's that?

Great job! What else could be added to this list? All of these things don't guarantee a win, but it would give us a fighting chance. I especially like using the tight end. Every year the coaching staff says they will do this more, but don't. Of couse it doesn't help that Wallace drops the ball while running alone!! :au:

you have got to be kidding me . .you said to expect a top 10 class from cTT is wishful thinking . . yet he has already done it . . please do not try to spin your way out of that - you were wrong, this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

I also support was tiger88 so elequently and tactfully said. Normally releasing personal information is not something everyone does on a board (although most folks here either know my name, or are smart enough to find it) - however, if you are going to base your opinions on your "experience" and your "relationships" with coaches - coyfully avoiding questions about your experiences make you look about as legit as LSUTigah.

In addition, how can you not want improvement every year when we are at the level that we are. Yes, if we are playing for the NC, or heck, playing for the SECCC - some stagnation or decline is acceptable - but only if we are playing at that level consistently. News Flash - WE AREN'T - we are playing for the SEC West Title each year, and not really even for that last year.

When did I EVER say that our losses to USC, LSU or UGA weren't embarassing . .they were HORRIBLE! Again, there is no shame in just losing to those teams, but in the manner we did was unacceptable.

texaubie - couldn't agree with you more, season's over, recruitings over - CTT is trying to make changes - now is certainly a time to support him, which I said in my above posts - however, if things continue the same way . .

WarTim - you are basing our performance in 2004 off of what you saw in 2002 - Marcus Randle isn't LSU's QB anymore - and Bobby Petrinio isn't our OC - two HUGE factors in both the LSU game and the UGA game. Again, IF CTT hires the right OC - we still do have the talent to beat both of these teams. HOWEVER, unless CTT restarts recruiting at the level he did in 2002 - our competition level with those two schools will decline.

texaubie - couldn't agree with you more, season's over, recruitings over - CTT is trying to make changes - now is certainly a time to support him, which I said in my above posts - however, if things continue the same way . .

I agree. I will go on record and say that if we are not in Atlanta next December than I will officially jump off the CTT bandwagon.

Of course, I think I said that about this time last year but luckily the database was lost! :P

WarTim - what you don't understand is that folks who complain about CTT or his coaches is that we still support Auburn.  We still go to games, buy Auburn products, give money to the school, and cheer on our school.

I think most everyone is aware of the fantastic things CTT has done for our program.  Some (such as the talent build up until 2003) is fantastic, some (such as keeping us off probation and our players out of the negative news) is EXPECTED.  What concerns us is that up until this point, everything has been uphill.  CTT came in, won more games, and recruitied well.  When his Coordinators got stagnant, he made two FANTASTIC hires (which he was forced to do), and we were still happy. 

However, he then made a horrible, lazy, put myself and my coaches ABOVE Auburn decision.  AND THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.  He is paid $1.5 million dollars to put AUBURN first, not a friendship to drinking buddies like Nall and Emsinger.  Then, this class is significantly below his par.  It is DOWNWARD from the norm.  THAT is also not acceptable.

IF CTT can make a good hire with this OC, and we see results (no blow outs, diverse offense, use of resources) then I will be happy with him again.  If he comes back and signs another Top 10 class in 2005, I will be happy again, but as long as I see the downward trend I saw last year and in 2004's recruiting, I will be concerned, and I will voice this concern.

Tell me, other than your typical response "WE ARE AUBURN," what did you see on the field last year that could give you ANY prayer of beating UGA or LSU next year?  Are you content being on the same level of Ole Miss and Arkansas.

PLEASE, list ONE post where I said I was "happy", or even content, with mediocraty.

I simply get sick of all the folks who constantly bash Coach Tuberville and his staff. THEN, they proceed to jump on the players. All the while, calling themselves an Auburn man or woman.

Read the CREED.

As to your question, What do I see or what have I seen on the field to lead me to believe that we can beat Ga or lsWHO?

Football is a game with a whole lot of intangibles that determine a season as well as each individual game.

THAT is my opinion and I will not "bash" you for yours. I do still reserve the right to express mine.(Within the rules of the board, of course.......... :D )

Who bashed the players???? The players are young men, who are student athletes. The head coach on the other hand, is a professional who is receiving (note: did use the word "earning") a VERY generous salary. That is the difference, therefore CTT and the coaches are fair game for LEGITAMITE criticism.

If you can argue that the arguments stated against CTT (to date) are without merit, I would be glad to listen. But to date, all I've hear in defense of Tubby is basically:

1. Nice guy

2. Good Recruiter

3. Program needs stability

4. Other SEC programs have improved, thereby reducing CTT's chances of success...

The 2003 SC lost was embarrassing. A year earlier we lost to SC 24-17 in the coliseum. I don't have a problem with that; we had several chances to win the game (should have won the game). You're telling me a year later, (#8 ranked) SC comes INTO JH (AU (#6, right) with an entirely new offensive backfield (QB had not taken a snap in a game), AU generated 165 yards total offense, the score could have easily been worse if not for our defense. And you say that the game was not an embarrassment??? "We didn't do a lot of fancy things or anything like that," said USC coach Pete Carroll, whose team won eight straight to finish last season. "We just played ball." (From ESPN). Gee Pete, you make it sound so simple.

GT loss, no need to comment there. Reggie Ball would have sure looked good in blue and orange... LSU was a shut out, if not for a late garbage touchdown (6:10 4th quarter). UM? Since when do we struggle to beat UM? Since CTT arrived, that's when. UGA, had Richt not tried to call a timeout with time running out (rookie coach mistake 2001) we would be on a 3 game losing streak to UGA.

:au:

let's see . .

-NEVER get shut out

-NEVER get held under 10 points

-NEVER give Carnell the ball only 4 times in one half (unless he is a) hurt, or we are up by 30 already)

-Don't go so conservative that we blow the lead (UGA 2002)

-Find a use for the talent in the backfield

-Let Jason run

-Throw downfield

-use the tight end

-make the WR coach DEVELOP the WR's. . if this doesn't happen, make it clear to the HC that they are unhappy with Knox.

-NEVER run an empty backfield shotgun formation inside the opponents 5 yard line and actually throw the ball.

how's that?

I like it!!!!! <_<

Read the CREED.

Who bashed the players???? The players are young men, who are student athletes. The head coach on the other hand, is a professional who is receiving (note: did use the word "earning") a VERY generous salary. That is the difference, therefore CTT and the coaches are fair game for LEGITAMITE criticism.

If you can argue that the arguments stated against CTT (to date) are without merit, I would be glad to listen. But to date, all I've hear in defense of Tubby is basically:

1. Nice guy

2. Good Recruiter

3. Program needs stability

4. Other SEC programs have improved, thereby reducing CTT's chances of success...

The 2003 SC lost was embarrassing.

Correcttion: "lost"??? Maybe you were attempting to type "loss" ?????

(Since you have bashed MY spelling and grammer on more than one occasion, well, Right back at you!!!)

:D:D:D

The KEY word would be LEGITAMATE. :D:D (spelling..spelling..spelling)

As I have stated, over and over again, I am stating MY opinion.

IF you do not wish to discuss MY opinion and the opinion of OTHERS, well, What are you/we doing here on this board?

I will CONTINUE to state my opinion and, as you have done over and over and over again, I will state MY opinion about YOUR opinion.

(Hint: It is called a discussion.)

Again, you may feel free to be as negative as you wish.

I will not continue to beat this dead horse.

Have a nice day......little black bird.......... :D:rolleyes:B)

p.s. "Belittleing" me because My opinion is not, and will never be, the same as yours is, well how did you put it?.....Oh, that's right....."CHILDISH & FOOLISH ! ! !"

I am amazed at a couple of folks on here that continue to read something someone post and then write their own version to satisfy their medial brains. You know d@mn well who you are and your versions are nothing more than lies! No spin there, just fact!

Chuck I would like for you to PROVE to me where Auburn has had more than 1 top 10 recruiting year in the last 40 years. I remember 4 great years that come readily to mind; one under Dye, one under Bowden, and two under Tubb's. Yet after all was said and done and the recruiting numbers finalized, I'm not sure more than one qualified as a top 10. Show me facts not BS please.

I've told you numerous times I've released NO info on myself here. That distinction goes to the Raven. For some odd reason, this person thinks they know me, know my past, etc. Bottom line, they don't! They've made each and every lie up and I would disregard any and all statements issued by said person as they have been repeatedly proven incompetent.

I'm also intrigued by those contradictory statements made from said few. For example, " I want improvement every year.....but some stagnation or decline is acceptable...." What the?

How about this one with regards to Coach T and SACS, "it's not his fault." Hey, we agree! But guess what? You go on to hold him accountable for 2004 recruiting even though each and every parent and child recruited by Auburn this year had questions about SACS. It was the number one biggest concern among recruits. It was a huge factor in losing several recruits.

Who am I debating here? Einstein?

The bottom line here is this: if someone disagrees with you guys, you attack with lies. Take note, they won't stick with me. I will expose you and your lies and present the facts as stated. I don't delve in mindless drivel.

WDE!!!

explayer -

In 2002, Auburn had a consensus Top 10 recruiting class as ranked by Rivals and Insiders. If that doesn't could for a top 10 class, then I don't know what to tell you. I checked for links of old rankings on those sights, but they do not have them. News flash, I'm right on this, you are wrong - and about 99% of the board believes me over you. . . sorry

as far as your pathetic attempt to cut and paste my sentences to make me look dumb, nice try - but I guess you are underestimating the ability of the AUN faithful in reading posts. My statement was very clear, I expect improvement every year UNLESS we reach an ELITE level where we are competeing for the NC EVERY year. . .at that point it is unavoidable. But when you are barely competeing for the SEC West next year, constant improvement is a REQUIREMENT.

You know as well as I that jetgate played as big of a role in this class as SACS did. SACS is not CTT's fault, jet gate is. Again, you reap what you sow . . get paid $1.5M, talk championships, make a dumb hire and lose 5 . .expect to get fired, that's the way it works.. You pay for your mistakes.

So, while I'm sitting here as a board admin, with my name and email address available to the public - you keep hiding behind your BS explayer tag, making vague statements about how you are in the know .. and we shall see who everyone think is lying . ..

Hide behind the admin tag if you will. You know you lied and were caught red handed. Anyone who can read can go back over this series of posts to see the truth.

I told you to dig up more than one top 10 class and you couldn't do it.

I told you I've never stated anything about myself or my career here and you ignore it.

As for making you look stupid, you posted it brother. Not me! Guess what? That's a fact!

I don't care if the AUN fandom chooses to believe you or not. I have several Auburn people here with me right now and they all are thinking/saying the same thing about you....guess what it is?

WDE!!!

uh . .are they saying . .explayer . .you are making this all up because you hide behind a fake name and pull stuff out of your butt all the time . .because that's what I am saying .

What lie have I been caught in? What in God's name are you talking about

btw . .I'm don't hide under an admin tag . . my name is right there . .my email address is available . . that's not hiding . .

so let the rest of us folks get back to running our board.

oh . . by the way . .

http://rivals100.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?Year=2002

found my link . .#6 in the nation according to rivals . .do you want soup with your crow?

no, you mistyped that . .you mean I just took explayer TO the woodshed . . . ;)

how's that crow bud! Seems like you have less faith in CTT then us "doom in gloomers!"

wow . .I'm enjoying this . .

explayer -

In 2002, Auburn had a consensus Top 10 recruiting class as ranked by Rivals and Insiders. If that doesn't could for a top 10 class, then I don't know what to tell you. I checked for links of old rankings on those sights, but they do not have them. News flash, I'm right on this, you are wrong - and about 99% of the board believes me over you. . . sorry

as far as your pathetic attempt to cut and paste my sentences to make me look dumb, nice try - but I guess you are underestimating the ability of the AUN faithful in reading posts. My statement was very clear, I expect improvement every year UNLESS we reach an ELITE level where we are competeing for the NC EVERY year. . .at that point it is unavoidable. But when you are barely competeing for the SEC West next year, constant improvement is a REQUIREMENT.

You know as well as I that jetgate played as big of a role in this class as SACS did. SACS is not CTT's fault, jet gate is. Again, you reap what you sow . . get paid $1.5M, talk championships, make a dumb hire and lose 5 . .expect to get fired, that's the way it works.. You pay for your mistakes.

So, while I'm sitting here as a board admin, with my name and email address available to the public - you keep hiding behind your BS explayer tag, making vague statements about how you are in the know .. and we shall see who everyone think is lying . ..

Well said Chuck.

"explayer" is a fraud, he's not worth spending any additional board space on. Maybe if he signs some autographs we will accept his claims... :lol::D

the thing is . .I don't expect ANYONE to have to disclose their name, job, etc. - this is a message board, and with it comes a certain amount of amonytimy (boy, did I spell that wrong) . . However, if you are going to base all of your arguements off of who you are, and who you know, and tell people they DON'T know because they are not 'in' like you are, you better be prepared to give SOME information . . .

If you don't, then yes . .you will be considered a fraud . . .

Archived