Tubs will not coach in the Iron Bowl

AuburnSniper21

So we have a bad year. As I recall the last time we had a bad year we went undefeated the next year. We need to grow up and we will do better!
(bolding mine)

I couldn't agree more, Artlady. CTT has had a great run for nine years. Now we're having a down year and all these spoiled brats want heads to roll. The man has earned another year or two to get things straightened out, and I trust that Auburn will give him that time. War Eagle!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone of you need to take your oraneg and blue goggles off. It is obvious we are getting dominated in recruiting. All of our commits look elsewhere but Auburn never tries to sway other schools commits. Also, Bama is going to dominate us. We can't stop anything on defense now and it is only going to get worse the more players give up. Major changes have to be made or we are just delaying the process.

Nice U-turn from your original bravado that Tubs wouldn't coach in the IB. I notice you haven't jumped up to support this with your money?

Dude, you are wasting your breathe, The AU Homers on this site refuse to see or believe that the writing is on the wall. They absolutely believe some sort of divine intervention will come along and save the season, which makes them worse than UA homers.

Arkansas and WVU both posted over 400 yards of total offense and all our coach can say is, "we'll get things right" and you mention that Bama is going to kill us? WTF do you think Houston Nutt is going to do in 2 weeks? Mark Richt a week later?

These fools on this board are in complete denial and I do agree with you, CTT will not be the coach in the IB this year, not because he might slip up and win (which won't happen), he will leave or be fired to intact his record agasint UA and against UA in T-Town.

Dude I didn't say I disagreed with him about anything other than his claim that Tubs wouldn't be the HC in the IB.. Now I offer you the same opportunity I did him........I bet you $100 Tubs will be our HC in the IB.

C'mon man step up to the plate. Don't let one of these foolish homers call your bluff.

Dude, you are wasting your breathe, The AU Homers on this site refuse to see or believe that the writing is on the wall. They absolutely believe some sort of divine intervention will come along and save the season, which makes them worse than UA homers.

Arkansas and WVU both posted over 400 yards of total offense and all our coach can say is, "we'll get things right" and you mention that Bama is going to kill us? WTF do you think Houston Nutt is going to do in 2 weeks? Mark Richt a week later?

These fools on this board are in complete denial and I do agree with you, CTT will not be the coach in the IB this year, not because he might slip up and win (which won't happen), he will leave or be fired to intact his record agasint UA and against UA in T-Town.

Dude I didn't say I disagreed with him about anything other than his claim that Tubs wouldn't be the HC in the IB.. Now I offer you the same opportunity I did him........I bet you $100 Tubs will be our HC in the IB.

C'mon man step up to the plate. Don't let one of these foolish homers call your bluff.

You think CTT will coach the IB..?? Based on what?? answer that and I will accept your challenge... and besides, what difference would it make if he did or didn't. we will lose regardless.

You think CTT will coach the IB..?? Based on what?? answer that and I will accept your challenge... and besides, what difference would it make if he did or didn't. we will lose regardless.

SIX IN A ROW, BONE HEAD!!!!!!!

Not to mention he runs a respectable program. If you want to sell out to a mercinary coach for a title at any costs, financially or ethically, change affiliations as quick as you came and move on up the road!

Based on my opinion just like you express yours. Now that's my answer so I assume we have a bet. Please confirm.

I personally don't think it would do any good to fire Tuberville. He has a sophomore qb, half the o line is sophmores, no offensive coordin. So we have a bad year. As I recall the last time we had a bad year we went undefeated the next year. We need to grow up and we will do better!

Gotta love the REAL situation described here. Yep, bad year. Move on, learn, grow, repeat last time we were in this boat. Simple as that.

SIX IN A ROW, BONE HEAD!!!!!!!

Not to mention he runs a respectable program. If you want to sell out to a mercinary coach for a title at any costs, financially or ethically, change affiliations as quick as you came and move on up the road!

ZOMFG!! you're an idiot too!! 6 in a row!?! we can't beat Vandy, and look at them now, Arkansas got crushed by UA, then Texas, then UF on back to back to back weekends and they WTF Pwned us in our house, then this past Thursday nite...??? and lets not forget this coming weekend, Ole Miss.. WTF do you think Nutt is going to do to us?? here, check out last nites stats against the same team that pwned us back on the 11th of this month

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282990008

6 in a row!? thats your reason..?

If anything, that would be a reason for him to NOT coach in the IB, just like Terry Bowden did,who at the time was the only AU coach with a winning record against UA (3-2), he left AU in the middle of the season not coaching the Ironbowl and his record stayed intact. You really need to remove the orange and blue goggles and look at the situations with a finer view

"6 in a row..... go root for the other school..." Typical impotent AU homer response.

Based on my opinion just like you express yours. Now that's my answer so I assume we have a bet. Please confirm.

Yes, I will accept your challenge.

I personally don't think it would do any good to fire Tuberville. He has a sophomore qb, half the o line is sophmores, no offensive coordin. So we have a bad year. As I recall the last time we had a bad year we went undefeated the next year. We need to grow up and we will do better!

The problem is CTT doesn't want to be here anymore, he has totally lost the locker room and respect from alot of the fan base.

His heart isn't in it anymore, and he is showing definite signs of it.. Look at other schools, look at their coach on the sidelines, especially when players make mistakes as well as the refs.

If CTT really cared at all, then he wouldn't have been in the woods duck hunting while Richt, Meyer, and especially Saban were all on the recruiting trail and look at how those Universitys are doing and have the audicity to state that his "health is fine" "he loves recruiting" which is all lip service and advertisement for potential employers looking for a new coach.

The problem is CTT doesn't want to be here anymore, he has totally lost the locker room and respect from alot of the fan base.

And you got this directly from tuberville, when? I'd like to know... When did you poll the fan base? I wasn't sent anything. Tuberville has my complete respect as a person and a football coach.

His heart isn't in it anymore, and he is showing definite signs of it.. Look at other schools, look at their coach on the sidelines, especially when players make mistakes as well as the refs.

so, his heart isn't in it anymore (according to you only) because he doesn't rant and rave on the sideline like a lunatic? That's your indicator that his heart isn't in it anymore? wow..do you actually watch football??

If CTT really cared at all, then he wouldn't have been in the woods duck hunting while Richt, Meyer, and especially Saban were all on the recruiting trail and look at how those Universitys are doing and have the audicity to state that his "health is fine" "he loves recruiting" which is all lip service and advertisement for potential employers looking for a new coach.

First of all, where exactly have you been the last NINE years? It sure hasn't been following auburn's football program. Tuberville takes the same hunting trip EVERY YEAR you moron. Were you on the staff with Richt, Meyer and saban while they were on the recruiting trail during this TWO DAY hunting trip? How do you know they were out recruiting? You don't. Are you tuberville's doctor? How do you know anything about his health? I'll answer for you. You know nothing. If you knew anything at all about what you are talking about you would know that tuberville and his wife and kids all LOVE Auburn.

Bingo. Remember that Tubby was telling us that our 2-3 star recruits were ideal "fits" for our team? 'Don't worry that we are only recruiting 2 5-stars athletes'. I guess recruiting 4 5-stars in last 3 years will catch up with you.... Now Tubby has the nerve to say that we don't have the people/talent to run the spread. Who was asleep at the wheel? More excuses.

Good. I respect that. Wish I could say the same for Sniper.

So we have a $100 bet with me saying Tubs will be Auburn's HC when we play bama in the Iron Bowl 11/29/08. Correct me if I state it wrong.

Do you want to have an Auburn gentleman's bet or have someone hold the money? Your choice.

If they are planning on firing him, there is no way they let him coach the Iron Bowl cause he could slip up and get a win. Then everyone would hate Auburn for firing him for winning the Iron Bowl 7 times in a row. I feel like a change will be made prior to the Iron Bowl. You can write that down.

Still waiting for you to step up to the plate on my offer....or admit you are just blowing smoke.

So we have a $100 bet with me saying Tubs will be Auburn's HC when we play bama in the Iron Bowl 11/29/08. Correct me if I state it wrong.

Do you want to have an Auburn gentleman's bet or have someone hold the money? Your choice.

Good luck PT collecting your money! Please report back here when you don't get it.

You bet he is, I bet he won't be..

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Rob20...ountdown_Begins

I am surprised on a forum full of College graduates nobody has pointed out that the sun is not a planet? It is a star.

As for Tuberville coaching the Iron Bowl I think that will be his call just like Terry Bowden. The difference is Tommy has a big buyout to contend with.

Read Here

I am surprised on a forum full of College graduates nobody has pointed out that the sun is not a planet? It is a star.

I noticed that and started to respond but just let it go. I figured I'm stirring the pot enough :P

You bet he is, I bet he won't be..

OK but what about the money choice?

Good luck PT collecting your money! Please report back here when you don't get it.

I have no reason to question his honor, just his judgement.

And you got this directly from tuberville, when? I'd like to know... When did you poll the fan base? I wasn't sent anything. Tuberville has my complete respect as a person and a football coach.

so, his heart isn't in it anymore (according to you only) because he doesn't rant and rave on the sideline like a lunatic? That's your indicator that his heart isn't in it anymore? wow..do you actually watch football??

First of all, where exactly have you been the last NINE years? It sure hasn't been following auburn's football program. Tuberville takes the same hunting trip EVERY YEAR you moron. Were you on the staff with Richt, Meyer and saban while they were on the recruiting trail during this TWO DAY hunting trip? How do you know they were out recruiting? You don't. Are you tuberville's doctor? How do you know anything about his health? I'll answer for you. You know nothing. If you knew anything at all about what you are talking about you would know that tuberville and his wife and kids all LOVE Auburn.

How inspiring,, but yet, not suprised one bit at your strong ability to be highly naive and gullible. The past nine years consisted of -

getting blown out 31-7 in the 01 IB and almost getting fired in 02 but survived only because of a suprise 17-7 IB victory.

2003, Pre-season ranking of 6th in the country only to see the season go to tank which the only "valid" thing that happened that year to save his job was, beating a 4-9 UA team... I still as of today have a headache from all of the jetfuel I still smell.

2004, The best year in his tenure and because of his whodini ability, it actually caused him to actually coach, or better yet, hire good assistants and actually not meddle in what they are doing. Results, a 13-0 Season with nothing to show for it besides a Conference Championship.

05- Decent Season, 4th win in a row, yay..

06 - Preseason 4th in the country and choked against Ark- Nutt, then got another chance after beating UF and was 4th in the BCS only to choke against UGA w/a true freshmen QB (stafford) at home.

07 - Lost to USF at home, got croomed at home(2 games we should have won), team suffering from repercussions form Jetgate, head coach flirting with the Ark job as well as other HC jobs, got soulja-boyed in the UGA game, fired Borges, Lost Will Mucschamp, who is laughing his ass off right now, he is in track to become the 2nd AU assistant to go to another school and win a NC, hired the now fired Tony Franklin.

2008, lets not get way into it, however I will summerize it for you so far, 4-4

And do you have any proof that the Tubervilles' "love" Auburn..?

Bingo. Remember that Tubby was telling us that our 2-3 star recruits were ideal "fits" for our team? 'Don't worry that we are only recruiting 2 5-stars athletes'. I guess recruiting 4 5-stars in last 3 years will catch up with you.... Now Tubby has the nerve to say that we don't have the people/talent to run the spread. Who was asleep at the wheel? More excuses.

Exactly, and now look at what UGA, UF, and especially UA is doing with their creme of the crop...?? but these idiot homers on this site will never see it that way.. They are just as bad or even worse than UA homers

Patrick Trahan, lost him because he wasn't getting the proper help with his studies, I think that is more of a superficial reason why, and 5 star recruit Erique Davis?? lost him 2, and I bet it didn't take too much convincing from Houston Nutt to persuade him to transfer to Ole Miss, I bet he said 4 words to him, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones....

And do you have any proof that the Tubervilles' "love" Auburn..?

I don't know about him but I do. I have been around Tubs, his wife and kids on several ocassions and I assure you they all love Auburn and want to stay there.

Archived