AL BORGES IS THE OC!!!!

Raven_tiger

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have read numerous accounts of how displeasing it was to hire Mr. Borges. Regardless of what we all think there is not one thing that we can say or do to change the situation.

We are all going to get excited about next season and the anticipation will build inside each of us until kick off time. We will still buy our season tickets and go to the games. So why do we continue to work ourselves into a state of depression over something that we have no control.

I imagine that there were people in your company that thought that it was a big mistake when the company hired you. You knew that it wasn't and had to prove yourself. All you needed was a chance. Now the same goes for Mr. Borges. If he gets the job done then all of the complaining was for nothing. If he doesn't then CTT will show him the door and repeat the process all over again.

Now, sit back and enjoy the upcoming spring practice, take your summer vacation and leave all the worrying to those in charge.

War Eagle !!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have read numerous accounts of how displeasing it was to hire Mr. Borges. Regardless of what we all think there is not one thing that we can say or do to change the situation.

We are all going to get excited about next season and the anticipation will build inside each of us until kick off time. We will still buy our season tickets and go to the games. So why do we continue to work ourselves into a state of depression over something that we have no control.

I imagine that there were people in your company that thought that it was a big mistake when the company hired you. You knew that it wasn't and had to prove yourself. All you needed was a chance. Now the same goes for Mr. Borges. If he gets the job done then all of the complaining was for nothing. If he doesn't then CTT will show him the door and repeat the process all over again.

Now, sit back and enjoy the upcoming spring practice, take your summer vacation and leave all the worrying to those in charge.

War Eagle !!!

NO[SIZE=14]

Bit&hing is an Auburn Tiger's God given right...and I intend to exercise it to the fullest!!! :rolleyes:

I really don't understand all the negativity. What have people got against this guy? Why is he a bad choice? Everybody who's talking him down is giving NO REASON for it.

IU was 98th in the nation in overall offense.

Spence: 11th

Montgomery: 2nd

Heck Nall had AU at 61. This hire makes Nall look like Bill Walsh... Why demote Nall for Borges??? Spence or Montgomery, yes. Borges, no way in...

Is that enough of a reason?

With the players that Indiana has, they wouldn't have been any better with Bear Bryant as HC, Steve Spurrier as OC & Bob Stoops & Bill Oliver as co-DC's. :rolleyes:

Thats not a valid argument. I just think we should all gather around a drink our kool-aid.

Please. We are upset cause we coulda had a 5 star running back but settled for the 2 star because we didn't think he would go pro after 2 years.

<the above is an analogy>

We all held our tongue and our breath when he promoted nall last year. Just seems like same crap, different year.

We ALL hope it works out...............but then we think............NALL!!!! :gofig:

You say it is not a valid argument. I still say: With the players that Indiana has, must be factored into any discussion. That Sir is the only way to come close to making any argument pro or con. If Indiana were in the SEC, their record would not have been any better.

I am as disappointed with the hire as anyone but when the bashers jump on this guy the FACT that the talent level at Indiana is probably on a par with Vanderbilt.

I sure wouldn't want some of y'all on a jury...some of y'all have convicted him as a failure already.

But, I hope the bellyaching has made some of you a little less crabby.

I really don't understand all the negativity. What have people got against this guy? Why is he a bad choice? Everybody who's talking him down is giving NO REASON for it.

IU was 98th in the nation in overall offense.

Spence: 11th

Montgomery: 2nd

Heck Nall had AU at 61. This hire makes Nall look like Bill Walsh... Why demote Nall for Borges??? Spence or Montgomery, yes. Borges, no way in...

Is that enough of a reason?

With the players that Indiana has, they wouldn't have been any better with Bear Bryant as HC, Steve Spurrier as OC & Bob Stoops & Bill Oliver as co-DC's. :rolleyes:

Thats not a valid argument. I just think we should all gather around a drink our kool-aid.

Please. We are upset cause we coulda had a 5 star running back but settled for the 2 star because we didn't think he would go pro after 2 years.

<the above is an analogy>

We all held our tongue and our breath when he promoted nall last year. Just seems like same crap, different year.

We ALL hope it works out...............but then we think............NALL!!!! :gofig:

You say it is not a valid argument. I still say: With the players that Indiana has, must be factored into any discussion. That Sir is the only way to come close to making any argument pro or con. If Indiana were in the SEC, their record would not have been any better.

I am as disappointed with the hire as anyone but when the bashers jump on this guy the FACT that the talent level at Indiana is probably on a par with Vanderbilt.

If the guy is such a offensive genius why was he coaching at IU??? I mean 17 years as an collegiate OC, I would think that if you are any good you would be at least at "good" program by now. ;)

If the guy is such a offensive genius why was he coaching at IU??? I mean 17 years as an collegiate OC, I would think that if you are any good you would be at least at "good" program by now. ;)

Did you see anything in my post saying he was a coaching genius? :no::no::no:

Are you saying that the only good coaches are at the top 8 - 10 programs?

Did you see anything in my post saying he was a coaching genius? :no::no::no:

Are you saying that the only good coaches are at the top 8 - 10 programs?

No, not at all. But after 17 years, IU? This guy isn't even close to a top program.

See StatTiger's post at the top of this forum for a decimation of the "woe is AU" argument as it relates to Borges.

Sorry guys, I'm not ready to declare this a failure six and a half months before the season begins and based on one bad year out of a guy's career as an OC. If that's drinking kool-aid in your eyes, so be it. I prefer to think of it as drinking pure clean water while some of you are sipping on pisswater with a twist of lemon and a dash of pickle juice. Pucker up, buttercup.

See StatTiger's post at the top of this forum for a decimation of the "woe is AU" argument as it relates to Borges.

Sorry guys, I'm not ready to declare this a failure six and a half months before the season begins and based on one bad year out of a guy's career as an OC. If that's drinking kool-aid in your eyes, so be it. I prefer to think of it as drinking pure clean water while some of you are sipping on pisswater with a twist of lemon and a dash of pickle juice. Pucker up, buttercup.

Now that you have put it that way Titan. Lemons aren't so bad... :lol:

Jeeze, he hasn't coached a single practice. Lets see how things look during spring practice and the A Day game before we start assessing anything. See what the players have to say about the guy. It's way too early to start judging him as a coach.

So much for good ole Auburn hospitality. Maybe it should be re-phrased as Auburn "hostility" :roll:

whoever said the west coast can't work in alabama is crazy. that system is the one everyone has been begging for all year. you use your strength to open up the other options on the offense. the system can adapt (mid-season, mid-game, and year to year). look at green bay: they still run a west coast style offense but they were second in the league in rushing. or look at tampa last year, pass, pass, pass b/c the running backs suck. it works b/c it's versatile, and it's balanced. people think the system is naturally a dink and dunk passing game, but that's just not true. did the 49ers with montana and rice and craig and clark nickel and dime you down the field and fail to run the ball??? nope, montana was a top passer, rice lead the league in yardage, craig was a 1000 yard back, and the tight ends were used to control the middle of the field. the west coast offense is perfect for east alabama.

people think the system is naturally a dink and dunk passing game, but that's just not true. did the 49ers with montana and rice and craig and clark nickel and dime you down the field and fail to run the ball???  nope, montana was a top passer, rice lead the league in yardage, craig was a 1000 yard back, and the tight ends were used to control the middle of the field. the west coast offense is perfect for east alabama.

New England dinked and dunked thier way to a SB victory. I'm fine with the west coast offense. My beef is with another ill-advised Tubby decision, whether it be a 4th down call, intentional safety or hiring coaches because nobody else wanted them.

:au:

Archived