Question about your treatment in Athens

BamaGrad03

They clear out really fast if they lose, though

Right. And AU fans don't. According to 5 different friends, AU did a good job against USC this year. Give a cheap shot, get one. :rolleyes:

I like the way your stadium crew immediately shuts off the scoreboard if you lose. Sore losers. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I tried to get a picture of the score two years ago, but I couldn't. (Luckily, someone warned me about this, so I took one early in the fourth, in case we won). ;)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They clear out really fast if they lose, though

Right. And AU fans don't. According to 5 different friends, AU did a good job against USC this year. Give a cheap shot, get one. :rolleyes:

I like the way your stadium crew immediately shuts off the scoreboard if you lose. Sore losers. Tsk, tsk, tsk. I tried to get a picture of the score two years ago, but I couldn't. (Luckily, someone warned me about this, so I took one early in the fourth, in case we won). ;)

Good for them. I would too :lol::lol::lol:

I've been to games in Athens for years and never had a problem. I plan to be there this year. To me, this game is like brothers getting into it. There has been too much interchange between and GA over the years for me to dislike GA. Think about the names who have been on both sides......Shug Jordan, Gene Lorendo, Vince Dooley, Joel Eaves, Pat Dye, etc.

BS, you just have to note two things:

1. You are reporting hearsay

2. It's probably true and further evidence that fans everwhere hate bama :angry:

I actually enjoyed my one trip to Athens. The campus is pretty. The people were nice to me. Of course, we won the game, so that ALWAYS makes it easier. They have a nice Transit system to shuttle you to and from the stadium. Not bad, IMO.

BG...not hearsay? You say your friends told you. You weren't there. So it's hearsay by definition. besides you said your friends were bama fans so they are not reliable sources :lol::lol:

Quick comment:

I keep noticing that many folks are giving accounts of visiting fans from UGA or wherever when they came to AU. I notice that the visiting fans are typically the older generation, and tend to be some of the nicest fans around.

I was at the LSU game when UGA came to town last time (Quincy Carter era). The UGA fans were awesome. They were tailgating next to us. We shared some jambalya, watched their tv, then went to the game.

I can say the same about Auburn fans. Every time ya'll come to Baton Rouge, your fans are always "spirited", but generally extremely knowledgeable and supportive. Of course there are always the drunk guys who take football WAY too seriously (God knows LSU has our share), but those are always the exception, not the norm. I am looking forward to going to Athens next year for the LSU game. It should be a great atmosphere.

I think all the UGA fans that I have met are the most bandwagon/fair weather fans. The fans I have encountered are rude and obnoxious. The ones I have met seem to want to pick fights, etc. with opposing team fans.

That being said, I try hard not to judge all fans by the few I have encountered. I am sure there are those out there that have not had great experiences with our fans and would not like them to judge me on what I see as the minority.

I am an Auburn fan but I live in Georgia.

This means I get barked at and I get my property and my health threatened.

Here's a typical conversation with a Georgia fan:

UGA fan: Hey, who does Auburn play this week?

Me: Arkansas

UGA fan: ooooh Auburn is going to get their a#ses wooped because they "suck"

Me: You should worry about Tennessee

UGA fan: There no good. We've beat them 3 years in a row. They can't stop David Pollack

There you go, at the same time they are clueless about the SEC schedule yet they are certain that their "dawgs" are going to win.

Also, every year I get asked by several die-hards if Auburn plays Georgia. You would think that even a casual observer would know the answer to that question.

Another thing, what is this "suck" that our so-called brothers speak of? It sounds kind of homoerotic. I guess fans who get excited about their players hunkering down and being hairy would know all about that. Also, they like to point out on Sundays when Auburn has just barely squeaked out a win.

:lsu: 17 :uga: 10

BTW, I know you are thinking that Bama is worse, but at least they can back it up.

BS,

From what my UGA pals tell me, they heard a great deal of that high pitched red neck ROOOLLLLL TIDE! from the bammers before the game. UGAs are not used to this. After the game, many of the UGAs took the opportunity to give it back. It happens.

Take it from someone who's been to Athens for the past 10 years when AU played there... leave them alone... win... leave them alone... go home.

Guest AuNuma1

Rockthecasbah6 has got to be the biggest "dawg" hater on this whole board...that's hilarious. I couldn't imagine having to live near them like that...

BG...not hearsay? You say your friends told you. You weren't there. So it's hearsay by definition. besides you said your friends were bama fans so they are not reliable sources :lol::lol:

It's only hearsay if my friends are liars.

I've been to every AU/UGA game in Athens since '87 with the exception of 2001, and it is by far the most hostile crowd in the SEC. I guess this tends to happen when you beat them every year on their home turf. ;)

I am an Auburn fan but I live in Georgia.

This means I get barked at and I get my property and my health threatened.

UGA fan: There no good. We've beat them 3 years in a row. They can't stop David Pollack

There you go, at the same time they are clueless about the SEC schedule yet they are certain that their "dawgs" are going to win.

Also, every year I get asked by several die-hards if Auburn plays Georgia. You would think that even a casual observer would know the answer to that question.

Another thing, what is this "suck" that our so-called brothers speak of? It sounds kind of homoerotic. I guess fans who get excited about their players hunkering down and being hairy would know all about that. Also, they like to point out on Sundays when Auburn has just barely squeaked out a win.

:lsu: 17 :uga: 10

BTW, I know you are thinking that Bama is worse, but at least they can back it up.

There IS no more obnoxious fan than a Georgia Bulldog fan and one of my best friends is a UGA alum. I live in Augusta now, but have lived in Tide country and grew up in Vol country and UGA wins this discussion by a large margin. Totally ridiculous behavior.

They need a 'G' for their autos that will just go ahead and cover the entire back glass. :lol:

None of you are uga fans so u can't possibly begin to understand what it is like to be one. If anyone is obnoxious its auburn fans bc they think they are the best but we can obviously see by this season that they aren't. Who won the sec last year?

I think your friends just met the worst. Happens to many.

Agreed. I wasn't treated terribly well in my trip the Auburn this weekend, but that certainly does not mean that I think the entire fanbase, which includes many good folks on this board, is a bunch of redneck buttholes. I just happened to be sitting right in the middle of some Saturday night.

None of you are uga fans so u can't possibly begin to understand what it is like to be one. If anyone is obnoxious its auburn fans bc they think they are the best but we can obviously see by this season that they aren't. Who won the sec last year?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Another typical dawg reponse.......

154001_dawgystyle.JPG

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stupidity if you base your thoughts on "Georgia fans" because of the idiots you hang out with.

AUcorner, I wouldn't really mock others for a response. You wanting to fight me (pathetic isn't??? :lol::lol: ) because I thought Auburn wasn't a Top 5 team in the pre-season really gave everyone a great impression of you. :lol::lol:

Guest AuNuma1
I seriously cannot think of one time where a uga fan has been obnoxious or annoying and I have season tickets so I would know.

Yeah, and Vandy is winning the NC this year...

Archived