Chizik going to go after Tana Patrick

HuntsvilleTiger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lay off the Fire Dept. tags, paid or not.......I'll defend runwith on that one all day!!!! I spent 8 years working in Public Safety, and I will defend their efforts.

Now, runswith......if you think CGC "can't" come into Bammer "territory" and possibly take one from the Crimson Cried......then don't hold your breath. Coach Chizik will be a nightmare for Nicky Boy when it comes to hard charging the recruiting trail.

Lay off the Fire Dept. tags, paid or not.......I'll defend runwith on that one all day!!!! I spent 8 years working in Public Safety, and I will defend their efforts.

Now, runswith......if you think CGC "can't" come into Bammer "territory" and possibly take one from the Crimson Cried......then don't hold your breath. Coach Chizik will be a nightmare for Nicky Boy when it comes to hard charging the recruiting trail.

i think it will be an uphill battle for CGC. time will tell, i suppose. i just simply believe that if CTT couldn't snatch them out from under us with his resume, CGC won't be able to, at least initially anyway. if he does find success like CTT did (which i doubt), it might be interesting.

So you work for the police department in Elberta

nope, but i am an Assistant Chief in Elberta's volunteer fire department.

I forget which podunk four officer PD this twerp dispatches for. But he knows EVERYTHING. Inluding how long it takes their red light to cycle and which offenses he can make a citizen's arrest for.

Assistant Chief in the volunteer FD is kind of like being a dungeon master. It means something to someone somewhere, but people with real jobs just don't get it.

last time i checked, the department i work for employs 48 officers. as for the other two lines, i don't know where you pulled those out of. our red lights all run on sensors so knowing the timing would be impossible. what does that or a citizen's arrest have to do with anything?

btw, let me know how much a volunteer fire fighter means to you when you need to be cut out of a car, or need somebody to perform CPR on you or somebody in your family. i bet they will mean the whole world to you then. and since i do have a real job, your point is moot. so, what do you do for a living?

You disputed everything except me calling you a twerp. Thanks....now that we have that one agreed upon:

Spare me the dramatic public servant speech. Been there, done it all. Got the t-shirts. BTW tell Doug I said, "Hi." He'll know what you mean. And your department has MAYBE 25 officers. MAYBE. But I think you have a LOT fewer.

CPR from you may mean I had to have mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. I'd then be forced to kill myself, or at least rip my lips off and have them burned for having touched a bammer. Even a hot female bammer, if they actually exist. I'll pass. Just let me die.

Man, I'll probably have nightmares now about the houndstooth twins pulling up on an accident scene where I'm badly injured....unable to move....seeing their layers of makeup closing fast....can't scream....closer....AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Where's Coach Chizik when you need someone roundhouse kicked into outer space?

Looks like Chizik is going to go after Tana Patrick...definitely a good sign!

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Having Lolley talking to Patrick is good since he's the North Jackson former head coach.

if CTT couldn't manage to sway him, what exactly i$ Gene Chizik $uppo$ed to accomplish? what is it again about Chizik's head coaching career that is so attractive to recruits?

What, is Chizik not even supposed to try?

Scissors must be worried or he wouldn't be posting crap....he'd just be gloating like the rest of the bammers. I've got a feeling Chizik is going to go toe to toe with Sabear and he (Sabear won't win them all anymore)

Scissors must be worried or he wouldn't be posting crap....he'd just be gloating like the rest of the bammers. I've got a feeling Chizik is going to go toe to toe with Sabear and he (Sabear won't win them all anymore)

I don't know that he's worried about the results yet because we don't have enough data on Chizik's abilities in recruiting. However I do think that some bammers are worried about the furious amount of effort CGC is putting into it compared with CTT. Sometimes CTT seemed to be on cruise control which suited them just fine. In the end, who knows how it will turn out. But CGC is serving notice that he meant it when he said no one would outwork us.

Back to the original question..on how he might sway Tana Patrick....well he wetn 29-0 as a DC...he coached 2 or 3 ? Thorpe Award winners...so I guess you might say he was one heck of a DC...and we need immediate help, so early pt is always a plus...and I know we are lowly Auburn but believe it or not we've been known to have a good defense or two

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Having Lolley talking to Patrick is good since he's the North Jackson former head coach.

if CTT couldn't manage to sway him, what exactly i$ Gene Chizik $uppo$ed to accomplish? what is it again about Chizik's head coaching career that is so attractive to recruits?

Not in the mind of the bammers, they think that they are going to get every recruit and that no one recruit wants to go anywhere else. There is no way that anyone, even Christ himself can go into the house of Sabears recruits and convince them to go to another school. I have said it before and I will say it until the day I die, they are unrealistic about their team, always have been and always will be.

$aban has already lost out to Chizik on one recruit. For the second time, Dinky failed to get Nick Fairley to change his mind and head to The Crapstain. I'm sure this is just an indication of the trend that's coming over the next several years.

Heck, Dinky even hired Eltoro Freeman's old high school coach to help sway Freeman and that didn't work either. Yesterday Freemen said he's signing with Auburn.

Looks like Chizik may be a little too much for $aban to handle.

Back to the original question..on how he might sway Tana Patrick....well he wetn 29-0 as a DC...he coached 2 or 3 ? Thorpe Award winners...so I guess you might say he was one heck of a DC...and we need immediate help, so early pt is always a plus...and I know we are lowly Auburn but believe it or not we've been known to have a good defense or two

Mike Shula is a heck of a QB coach........doesn't mean he was very much of a HC.

Mike Shula is a heck of a QB coach........doesn't mean he was very much of a HC.

He was? I mean, I know was a QB coach. I don't recall him being "a heck of" one. Now by that I'm not saying he sucked either, but it's not like he was some awesome QB coach. And he sucked as an offensive coordinator. Chizik on the other hand has been an outstanding DC at two different major college programs.

And save me the record-breaking career of Brodie. Breaking passing records at Alabama is like being the tallest midget. It ain't exactly BYU when it comes to passing QBs.

$aban has already lost out to Chizik on one recruit. For the second time, Dinky failed to get Nick Fairley to change his mind and head to The Crapstain. I'm sure this is just an indication of the trend that's coming over the next several years.

Heck, Dinky even hired Eltoro Freeman's old high school coach to help sway Freeman and that didn't work either. Yesterday Freemen said he's signing with Auburn.

Looks like Chizik may be a little too much for $aban to handle.

Fairley and Freeman had already committed to AU and since CNS couldn't sway them, Chizik is too much for Saban and has already beat him for two recruits? thats a pretty big stretch, seeing as how neither of those guys ever decommitted or anything. i didn't realize CNS had contacted or visited either one to try and sway them after CTT left. i do find it amusing that you chose to spin it the way you did though. "Chizik already beat CNS out for two guys that committed to AU last year!" :rolleyes:

like TT said, its still really too early to tell how CGC will do recruiting against CNS. he definitely has a younger more fiery personality than CTT, but CTT had a freakin legacy and was a franchise to be honest. he had a very good resume and track record. CGC, not so much as a head coach. good as a coordinator, still unknown as a head coach. some guys are just not cut out to be a HC, but are great coordinators. i think it really is too early to just absolutely point one way or another, but his first two years don't look good at all.

He was? I mean, I know was a QB coach. I don't recall him being "a heck of" one. Now by that I'm not saying he sucked either, but it's not like he was some awesome QB coach. And he sucked as an offensive coordinator. Chizik on the other hand has been an outstanding DC at two different major college programs.

And save me the record-breaking career of Brodie. Breaking passing records at Alabama is like being the tallest midget. It ain't exactly BYU when it comes to passing QBs.

i'm referring more so to his employment with Jax.......he has too much of an NFL mentality to be a decent OC in college imo, but is a good QB coach.

Tana Patrick Recruitment

No in his mind Saban is God and no one can compare or compete.

One reason he might come to Auburn is b/c of this one phrase.

"If Auburn can't get'em, we'll beat'em…If we can't get'cha, we'll beat'cha," Da Bull

We should send Freeman out on the recruiting trail.

i'm referring more so to his employment with Jax.......he has too much of an NFL mentality to be a decent OC in college imo, but is a good QB coach.

I'll put Chizik's resume as an assistant against Shula's any day of the week and he wins hands down. We'll soon find out if the ISU job was truly indicative of his HC abilities. But Chizik has a proven track record as an excellent DC, one of the best in college football.

Oh. OK, we'll forget about him them, unless you guys have some kryptonite to put in the way!

'Is that you, nick danger?' 'whiskey wow wow she breathed'......firesign theater

Tana Patrick Recruitment

I cannot remember the quotes word for word, so I will paraphrase you and your cronies when asked the same question after a 6-6 season while piling up the recruits...

Chizik is a no nonsense guy that is a tireless recruiter and a great defensive mind.

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Hey moron, if you have some evidence of payment, link it, otherwise take the innuendo crap elsewhere.

so, lets see......you guys are allowed to accuse CNS of whatever you want, including paying players......i make mention of it because Chizik pulls a guy from Tigers Unlimited to help recruit, i'm told i better stop or go somewhere else. you guys are all about dishing it out, but when the shoe is on the other foot you certainly can't take it. i expect to see any AU fan here that uses the same innuendo towards Alabama or CNS to get the same threat from you.

yes we are..why?....AUBURN BOARD MORON.

::officially tired of coming here to catch up on auburn and having to wade through crap from bammers...and then their follow-up whining about being called out.::

like TT said, its still really too early to tell how CGC will do recruiting against CNS. he definitely has a younger more fiery personality than CTT, but CTT had a freakin legacy and was a franchise to be honest. he had a very good resume and track record. CGC, not so much as a head coach. good as a coordinator, still unknown as a head coach. some guys are just not cut out to be a HC, but are great coordinators. i think it really is too early to just absolutely point one way or another, but his first two years don't look good at all.

Mack Brown's 1-10 start at Tulane followed by a 2-20 record for his first 2 years at North Carolina didn't look too good either.............

I'm sure the Texas fans haven't let him forget those coaching debacles, eh? ;)

::officially tired of coming here to catch up on auburn and having to wade through crap from bammers...and then their follow-up whining about being called out.::

I was hoping there would have been a turd house cleaning after the way this season unfolded. Oh well, back to lurking.

Archived