Chizik going to go after Tana Patrick

HuntsvilleTiger

::officially tired of coming here to catch up on auburn and having to wade through crap from bammers...and then their follow-up whining about being called out.::

I was hoping there would have been a turd house cleaning after the way this season unfolded. Oh well, back to lurking.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

::officially tired of coming here to catch up on auburn and having to wade through crap from bammers...and then their follow-up whining about being called out.::

I was hoping there would have been a turd house cleaning after the way this season unfolded. Oh well, back to lurking.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Applause ... applause!!!

Looks like Chizik is going to go after Tana Patrick...definitely a good sign!

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Having Lolley talking to Patrick is good since he's the North Jackson former head coach.

if CTT couldn't manage to sway him, what exactly i$ Gene Chizik $uppo$ed to accomplish? what is it again about Chizik's head coaching career that is so attractive to recruits?

What, is Chizik not even supposed to try?

No in his mind Saban is God and no one can compare or compete.[/b

All quiver in his wake. :roflol:

bearbacknick.jpg

$aban has already lost out to Chizik on one recruit. For the second time, Dinky failed to get Nick Fairley to change his mind and head to The Crapstain. I'm sure this is just an indication of the trend that's coming over the next several years.

Heck, Dinky even hired Eltoro Freeman's old high school coach to help sway Freeman and that didn't work either. Yesterday Freemen said he's signing with Auburn.

Looks like Chizik may be a little too much for $aban to handle.

Fairley and Freeman had already committed to AU and since CNS couldn't sway them, Chizik is too much for Saban and has already beat him for two recruits? thats a pretty big stretch, seeing as how neither of those guys ever decommitted or anything. i didn't realize CNS had contacted or visited either one to try and sway them after CTT left. i do find it amusing that you chose to spin it the way you did though. "Chizik already beat CNS out for two guys that committed to AU last year!" :rolleyes:

like TT said, its still really too early to tell how CGC will do recruiting against CNS. he definitely has a younger more fiery personality than CTT, but CTT had a freakin legacy and was a franchise to be honest. he had a very good resume and track record. CGC, not so much as a head coach. good as a coordinator, still unknown as a head coach. some guys are just not cut out to be a HC, but are great coordinators. i think it really is too early to just absolutely point one way or another, but his first two years don't look good at all.

Oh. So let me make sure I've got it. Both Fairley and Eltoro had already decided they were going to Auburn, long, long ago. But, it was only because Bama didn't want them. The fact that they have both signed letters of intent with Auburn, just meant that they were too lazy or had no where else to go. Coach Chizik had nothing at all to do with it.

You snot-nosed bammer. You don't know anything, so just shut up!

I don't think Chizik will find much luck with Patrick, but, make no bones about it, Alabama wanted Fairley.

I was talking about to a UA coach earlier this week about recruiting and his name came up. He said we wanted Fairley and were going to try to get him. The next day... he signed with Auburn. Oh well. He's a great pick-up for you guys.

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Having Lolley talking to Patrick is good since he's the North Jackson former head coach.

if CTT couldn't manage to sway him, what exactly i$ Gene Chizik $uppo$ed to accomplish? what is it again about Chizik's head coaching career that is so attractive to recruits?

Hey moron, if you have some evidence of payment, link it, otherwise take the innuendo crap elsewhere.

Runs-with-head-in-ass you are a tool!

Tana Patrick Recruitment

I cannot remember the quotes word for word, so I will paraphrase you and your cronies when asked the same question after a 6-6 season while piling up the recruits...

Chizik is a no nonsense guy that is a tireless recruiter and a great defensive mind.

you better pray that Proud Tiger doesn't see you trying to paraphrase.

anyways, the difference is CNS had a reputation to back that up AS A HEAD COACH. he had shown he could be successful AS A HEAD COACH and that he could recruit well AS A HEAD COACH. just because you are a good assistant or coordinator does not mean you are going to be the best thing since sliced bread as a coach. when our season was in the tank last season and we were loading up on studs, they believed CNS when he said "we will get this thing turned around" because he had the past as a head coach that backed that up. then we proved it this season, and then the next class only believes him more. when CGC walks into a kid's living room as a head coach and says "we will get this thing turned around", it doesn't look so good because as a head coach, he tanked his first year and only got worse his second year playing lesser competition than the first. i don't know anymore than you if CGC will actually be a total flop.....all i can do is take an educated guess.

Tana Patrick Recruitment

I cannot remember the quotes word for word, so I will paraphrase you and your cronies when asked the same question after a 6-6 season while piling up the recruits...

Chizik is a no nonsense guy that is a tireless recruiter and a great defensive mind.

anyways, the difference is CNS had a reputation to back that up AS A HEAD COACH. he had shown he could be successful AS A HEAD COACH and that he could recruit well AS A HEAD COACH. just because you are a good assistant or coordinator does not mean you are going to be the best thing since sliced bread as a coach. when our season was in the tank last season and we were loading up on studs, they believed CNS when he said "we will get this thing turned around" because he had the past as a head coach that backed that up. then we proved it this season, and then the next class only believes him more. when CGC walks into a kid's living room as a head coach and says "we will get this thing turned around", it doesn't look so good because as a head coach, he tanked his first year and only got worse his second year playing lesser competition than the first. i don't know anymore than you if CGC will actually be a total flop.....all i can do is take an educated guess.

Too much paraphrasing going on.

I don't think Chizik will find much luck with Patrick, but, make no bones about it, Alabama wanted Fairley.

I was talking about to a UA coach earlier this week about recruiting and his name came up. He said we wanted Fairley and were going to try to get him. The next day... he signed with Auburn. Oh well. He's a great pick-up for you guys.

See, RWS, he's an Alabama fan, yet he acts like a human being. Don't you think you could emulate (copy) him?

I don't mean to be negative about Coach Tuberville, but CGC's style of recruiting is going to be a refreshing event compared with Tubs CEO style of "soft selling" to recruits. This day and time, you have to work hard, be aggressive, personable, and convincing to recruits. Tubs seemed to me to be a totally different style and Saban and others took advantage of that. I predict we will see some big name surprises before this recruiting season is over and done with. Don't sell CGC short!

Tana Patrick Recruitment

With all of those dollar signs, I thought you were talking about O$ama bin $aban for a moment.

Pardon me on my mistake.

Jacka$$.

Tana Patrick Recruitment

Doesn't an educated guess require the aforementioned education? I GUESS not :no:

Tana Patrick Recruitment

CNS College career

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl Coaches# AP°

Toledo Rockets (Mid-American Conference) (1990)

1990 Toledo 9–2 7–1 1st — —

Toledo: 9–2 7–1

Michigan State Spartans (Big Ten Conference) (1995–1999)

1995 Michigan State 6–5–1 4–3–1 5th L Independence — —

1996 Michigan State 6–6 5–3 T-5th L Sun — —

1997 Michigan State 7–5 4–4 T-6th L Aloha — —

1998 Michigan State 6–6 4–4 6th — —

1999‡ Michigan State 9–2 6–2 T-2nd 7 7

Michigan State: 34–24–1 23–16–1 ‡ Saban resigned 11/30/99. Williams coached bowl game.

LSU Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (2000–2004)

2000 LSU 8–4 5–3 3rd - West W Peach — 22

2001 LSU 10–3 5–3 1st - West W Sugar † 8 7

2002 LSU 8–5 5–3 1st - West (t)[25] L Cotton — —

2003 LSU 13–1 7–1 1st - West W Sugar † 1 2

2004 LSU 9–3 6–2 2nd - West L Capital One 16 16

LSU: 48–16 28–12

Alabama Crimson Tide (Southeastern Conference) (2007–present)

2007 Alabama 7–6 4–4 3rd - West W Independence — —

2008 Alabama 12–1 8–0 1st - West Sugar † 4 4

Alabama: 19–7 12–4

Total: 110–49–1

Season average (13 years as a HC) 8.5-3.8

†Indicates BCS bowl game. #Rankings from final Coaches Poll of the season.

°Rankings from final AP Poll of the season.

CNS National Football League

Year Team Record Standings Post-season

2005 Miami Dolphins 9–7 2nd, AFC East —

2006 6–10 4th, AFC East —

Total 15–17

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Saban

runswithscissors... really? Nick Saban has a terrible reputation of being a jerk and not just with the media. Chizik has proven himself as a DC. Why wouldn't a defensive player who wants to go to the NFL sign with Chizik?

runswithscissors... really? Nick Saban has a terrible reputation of being a jerk and not just with the media. Chizik has proven himself as a DC. Why wouldn't a defensive player who wants to go to the NFL sign with Chizik?

Not to knock Chizik, but can you really compare his resume against Saban's?

No, 13 years as HC versus two years. If anything, Saban's resume shows that sometimes it takes any coach time to turn things around. Even the really good ones like Saban need to implement their system and bring in the players they think will best fit their football philosophy.

Bama's players bought in this year, plus some true freshmen were large contributors. No one walks on water anymore. Hard work and dedication are the ingredients for success.

Just noticed that in his 2nd year at LSWho, $aban took his team to the Sugar Bowl. The very next year, he went 8-5.

Harbinger of things to come in 2009? ;)

With KEY losses to the OL, QB, RB, DB, and DL.......I see this as a very good possibility. The biggest thing with the 09 season for Bama will be there schedule. How many teams will be a threat next season?

I didn't compare. I did talk about Saban's personality problems. Chizik had a great run as a DC, and some NFL players have recently supported him. Chizik could have a better shot at stealing some talent from yall on the defensive side. My question was "why wouldn't a defensive player who wants to go to the NFL sign with Chizik?"

I didn't compare. I did talk about Saban's personality problems. Chizik had a great run as a DC, and some NFL players have recently supported him. Chizik could have a better shot at stealing some talent from yall on the defensive side. My question was "why wouldn't a defensive player who wants to go to the NFL sign with Chizik?"

I think a defensive player who wants to go to the NFL could easily sign with Chizik just as must as $aban. $aban is a defensive genius as well, and so was Tuberville. All three are defensive coaches. So, what will draw these recruits to which school? PLAYING time, the school that can offer immediate PLAYING time will win the battle, IMO.

I think a defensive player who wants to go to the NFL could easily sign with Chizik just as must as $aban. $aban is a defensive genius as well, and so was Tuberville. All three are defensive coaches. So, what will draw these recruits to which school? PLAYING time, the school that can offer immediate PLAYING time will win the battle, IMO.

Well if playing time is all that it takes, some of those top WR's should be jumping at the chance to sign with AU. ;)

Just noticed that in his 2nd year at LSWho, $aban took his team to the Sugar Bowl. The very next year, he went 8-5.

Harbinger of things to come in 2009? ;)

With KEY losses to the OL, QB, RB, DB, and DL.......I see this as a very good possibility. The biggest thing with the 09 season for Bama will be there schedule. How many teams will be a threat next season?

the whole defense was going to be a liability in 08, most specifically the LB corps. as we all know, that logic didn't work out very well.

OL - i don't think we will be nearly as strong as this season, but we will be OK. don't get me wrong, i think losing Caldwell, Davis, and Smith all in one season will hurt...alot. however, i don't think it is a panic point. it could very well turn out like the LB/DL that everybody thought would be a weak point in 08. nobody really knows when you lose 3 guys of that skill set.

QB - HUGE question mark. i really don't see any other option for a starter except McElroy. i would think Jackson or Darrah (heard good things about Darrah) would backup. it would not shock me to see McCarron RS. i feel pretty good about McElroy, but then again, haven't seen him in many game situations. i think he truly understands the system and the playcalling, as he has been a student of it the past two seasons. i think its cautious optimism, but i think McElroy will be OK. if not, then we just need to strap in and prepare for a bad season i suppose.

RB - i really don't see Coffee turning pro. i don't think he would project high enough to warrant him leaving his JR season, but we shall see. even if he does leave i feel very good about RB. he would be the only RB to leave, and we add Ivan Matchett, Jermaine Preyear, and Trent Richardson. i don't want to count Mike Marrow yet due to the question mark of him playing LB or RB. bottom line, if Coffee goes pro, i wouldn't be surprised to see a Mark Ingram/Trent Richardson tandem with a committee approach/situational back to the third slot sprinkled in every now and then.

DB - we lose Rashad Johnson. he will be missed, but there is no panic here either. if there is one position CNS will make certain is excellent it is DBs. i feel very good about what we have that is proven then add in Robby Green and Alonzo Lawrence.....the latter being a very good cover corner as well. Kirkpatrick could very well get into that mix too. i still think it is too soon to tell, though.

DL - trust me, our DL will not crumble just because Bobby Greenwood graduates. not knocking Greenwood at all, i think he is a decent DL. however, i think we have very good talent behind him as well.

I think the biggest thing for Bama will be replacing an offensive line that not only loses Caldwell, Davis and Smith, but both tight ends as well (Bama usually had one or both on the field at the same time). You don't plug in 4 or 5 new guys to a line and just pick up like nothing happened. Couple that with a new QB and the offense may struggle a good bit early in the year.

Archived