2009 Recruiting

BroncoAU

His performance on the field this year proves its not a "myth"..

no, it doesn't. It just proves that you are willing to speculate if it fits your agenda. ;)

And you can't tell me KB is really that bad of a player and a recruit..

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, it doesn't. It just proves that you are willing to speculate if it fits your agenda. ;)

And you can't show me KB is really that good of a player and a recruit..

Facts and stats support that he is NOT the player you say he is.

Your speculation says that he is a great player.

We need WR's. I think if he can catch the ball he would be a good candidate.

Last but not least. For all of the "forum spell checkers" out there, grow up. All you do is make yourself look like a pompus a**hole when you do it. You can obviously read and understand what the person means because you reply to it. Calling someone ignorant of a topic because they miss spell a players name reveals your own IQ and maturity. This is a football forum, not ENG 101. So when the moderators start locking down threads for misspelling, will we ever care about your arrogant corrections.

I didn't say that mispellings mean a person is ignorant of a topic. I said that a person who mispells the name of the person that is at the center of a topic should expect others to question how much they really know about the topic. They shouldn't whine when somebody brings that up as argument against them.

For example, when people continued to spell Tuberville with 7 B's in it, I assumed they hadn't been an Auburn fan very long.

Your right, because I never made such a statement. I was simply refuting your claim that a lack of coaching is the reason that KB failed to meet expectations. That's pure fantasy.

Your right, because I never made such a statement. I was simply refuting your claim that a lack of coaching is the reason that KB failed to meet expectations. That's pure fantasy.

And I believe its not. look at what happened to Jason Cambell, look at what happened to John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson? Both Sucked donkeys during their soph and Junior years until they got the right OCs in place.

Could the same happen for Kodi, it could, but it could not.. what has been AUs problems for the past 2-3 years, the offensive staff and you can't tell me KB got efficient training with that staff.

Last but not least. For all of the "forum spell checkers" out there, grow up. All you do is make yourself look like a pompus a**hole when you do it. You can obviously read and understand what the person means because you reply to it. Calling someone ignorant of a topic because they miss spell a players name reveals your own IQ and maturity. This is a football forum, not ENG 101. So when the moderators start locking down threads for misspelling, will we ever care about your arrogant corrections.

I didn't say that mispellings mean a person is ignorant of a topic. I said that a person who mispells the name of the person that is at the center of a topic should expect others to question how much they really know about the topic. They shouldn't whine when somebody brings that up as argument against them.

For example, when people continued to spell Tuberville with 7 B's in it, I assumed they hadn't been an Auburn fan very long.

So your not saying they are ignorant of a topic, your just saying they are questionably incompetent. Hum? I'll let you elaborate on that one. "My nephew is named Cody, I got in a hurry" doesn't sound like whining. I never knew that knowledge and spelling went hand in hand. I really want to seek out last years spelling bee champ for the their advice on our current economic crisis. They must be a jack of all trades. I would hate to see your other assumptions about people and fans. You seem really good at sizing people up.

And I believe its not. look at what happened to Jason Cambell, look at what happened to John Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson? Both Sucked donkeys during their soph and Junior years until they got the right OCs in place.

Could the same happen for Kodi, it could, but it could not.. what has been AUs problems for the past 2-3 years, the offensive staff and you can't tell me KB got efficient training with that staff.

We all agree Chris Todd sucks and boo'd him off the field.

NAME COMP_ATT__YRDS__COMP%_TD__INT_RAT

BURNS 94__179__1050____52____2___7__97.7

TODD_ 86__156___903____55____5___6__106.6

Numbers don't have favorites.

Cambell and SJPW both started and sucked their Soph and Jr years. Both are also pocket passers. Both had solid O-line's and a nice little running game to give them man coverage on the WR's. Cambell threw to 3 NFL Wideouts, JJ ain't to bad of a target for a freshman.

Kodi is by nature a scrambeler. Our line was a bit poreus by the end of the season. I do think that will change though. We have okay backs but they are the worst group we have had since before James Bostic. Since then every starting RB at Auburn has been drafted. Brandon Jacobs sat the bench, he's doing alright in NY. We have 0 wideout play. Dunn was explosive but injury prone, Rod Smith and Billings lead the team in catches with 30 and 24, our next top receivers were Fannin and Trott with 20. Rod Smith is gone he is a senior, Billings is off and on, and we are supposed to have a Med Redshirt Freshman that is good.

To compare Burns to Cambell and SJPW is apples and oranges. Even if this weren't the case, you are saying is that you are willing to suck donkey through Kodi's JR year to hope he comes around his SR year?

So your not saying they are ignorant of a topic, your just saying they are questionably incompetent. Hum? I'll let you elaborate on that one. "My nephew is named Cody, I got in a hurry" doesn't sound like whining. I never knew that knowledge and spelling went hand in hand. I really want to seek out last years spelling bee champ for the their advice on our current economic crisis. They must be a jack of all trades. I would hate to see your other assumptions about people and fans. You seem really good at sizing people up.

Misspell all ya won't to. It want be my fallt that otters ull cunsidder you're opinins less then relable.

Misspell all ya won't to. It want be my fallt that otters ull cunsidder you're opinins less then relable.

I called people like you pompus a**holes, thanks for proving my point.

Can't take a joke? You take all this too seriously if somebody pointing out spelling problems bothers you too much. "The big meany called me a bad speller, wahhhh!".

Can't take a joke? You take all this too seriously if somebody pointing out spelling problems bothers you too much. "The big meany called me a bad speller, wahhhh!".

So your saying no one should take your posts seriously? Sounds like a good idea to me.

We all agree Chris Todd sucks and boo'd him off the field.

NAME COMP_ATT__YRDS__COMP%_TD__INT_RAT

BURNS 94__179__1050____52____2___7__97.7

TODD_ 86__156___903____55____5___6__106.6

Numbers don't have favorites.

Numbers don't have favorites, but they can also be inflated due to the opponents.

Chris Todd started against LSU, was he able to win? look at who KB had to face vs Chris Todd and KB didn't have an OC in his back pocket as CT did.. Chris Todd couldn't even beat out Graham Harrell at TT and look at his stats at JC ball.. wanna see something horrific, take a look.

To compare Burns to Cambell and SJPW is apples and oranges. Even if this weren't the case, you are saying is that you are willing to suck donkey through Kodi's JR year to hope he comes around his SR year?

You are misunderstanding the point. its not compairing them to each other, its compairing their situations, Look at what JC went through until his senior year with a brand new OC... Same thing with JSJPW. Once we get the right OC in, and can properly train and coach KB, he might turn out great.. or maybe not. we will have to see..

AUBronco wrote:

Numbers don't have favorites, but they can also be inflated due to the opponents.

Chris Todd started against LSU, was he able to win? look at who KB had to face vs Chris Todd and KB didn't have an OC in his back pocket as CT did.. Chris Todd couldn't even beat out Graham Harrell at TT and look at his stats at JC ball.. wanna see something horrific, take a look.

The reason Auburn lost to LSU had nothing to do with Chris Todd's quarterback play and everything to do with one of the worst Special Teams displays I've ever witnessed. Four punts downed inside our 10 yard line, a game-changing onsides kick that we were completely unprepared for, and a tackling exhibition that gives hope to JuCo players everywhere.

Chris Todd couldn't beat out Graham Harrell .... big whoop, neither can any other quarterback that has graced our program since Jason Campbell. Yet somehow you're able to hold Todd to a different standard than any other player on our team ..... Wow, you went way out on the limb with that statement.

While I don't believe it is fair to evaluate Burns solely on his statistical performance, it is safe to say that Burns was a definite liability in '08. When Burn's study-ethic and leadership begins to match his talent and potential, AU will have a bona-fide quarterback on it's roster.

So your saying no one should take your posts seriously? Sounds like a good idea to me.

The first "your" in your previous post should be "you're". :roflol:

AUBronco wrote:

The reason Auburn lost to LSU had nothing to do with Chris Todd's quarterback play and everything to do with one of the worst Special Teams displays I've ever witnessed. Four punts downed inside our 10 yard line, a game-changing onsides kick that we were completely unprepared for, and a tackling exhibition that gives hope to JuCo players everywhere.

Chris Todd couldn't beat out Graham Harrell .... big whoop, neither can any other quarterback that has graced our program since Jason Campbell. Yet somehow you're able to hold Todd to a different standard than any other player on our team ..... Wow, you went way out on the limb with that statement.

While I don't believe it is fair to evaluate Burns solely on his statistical performance, it is safe to say that Burns was a definite liability in '08. When Burn's study-ethic and leadership begins to match his talent and potential, AU will have a bona-fide quarterback on it's roster.

And when AU was up 21-20 and then forced LSU to go 3 and out, what did Chris Todd do when we got the ball back? he went 3 and out, FAILING to not get even 1 1st down much less complete a pass, which murdered our Defense and lead to the "tackling exhibition" you are not in favor of. Special teams -those punts, they hurt, the onside kick we were unprepared for? not a factor especially since the D forced a 3 and out after that and they didn't score

If a piddly ass Ark team was able to beat them, we should have done the same. Chris Todd is not by far a SEC QB. He had no business being at AU at all.

"Chris Todd couldn't beat out Graham Harrell .... big whoop, neither can any other quarterback that has graced our program since Jason Campbell."

And what did Graham Harrell do this year? compaired to C. Todd? Graham showed every reason why he's the man there and Todd wasn't, and once again, with Todd JuCo ball stats, its a clear indication he had NO business playing QB at AU... Atleast Brandon Cox didn't lose to UA and he was able to run the spread effectively in the Clemson Bowl game with only 8-9 days to practice it.

He's right though! You are a A**hole and POOOOMPASSS TOOO

AUBronco wrote:

And when AU was up 21-20 and then forced LSU to go 3 and out, what did Chris Todd do when we got the ball back? he went 3 and out, FAILING to not get even 1 1st down much less complete a pass, which murdered our Defense and lead to the "tackling exhibition" you are not in favor of. Special teams -those punts, they hurt, the onside kick we were unprepared for? not a factor especially since the D forced a 3 and out after that and they didn't score

If a piddly ass Ark team was able to beat them, we should have done the same. Chris Todd is not by far a SEC QB. He had no business being at AU at all.

"Chris Todd couldn't beat out Graham Harrell .... big whoop, neither can any other quarterback that has graced our program since Jason Campbell."

And what did Graham Harrell do this year? compaired to C. Todd? Graham showed every reason why he's the man there and Todd wasn't, and once again, with Todd JuCo ball stats, its a clear indication he had NO business playing QB at AU... Atleast Brandon Cox didn't lose to UA and he was able to run the spread effectively in the Clemson Bowl game with only 8-9 days to practice it.

You make some good points. But Chris Todd or Harrell wont be our QB next year will they?

Nice Spin though . But You have not convinced me Sorry!!! Results will. Next year Kodi will suit up.

And if he is our QB I will cheer him on, And hope he proves me wrong. But I don't think that will happen.

He's just not good enough throwing the ball to be a SEC QB. IMHO

He's right though! You are a A**hole and POOOOMPASSS TOOO

I like the tactic though. Hum, I look like a jerk and I can't prove I'm not so I will poke him with a stick and let him go off on me proving that he takes this to serious and can't take a joke. Nope I'm not biting. Marry Xmas grammar man, hope you get a present you like better your speak and spell. That's a joke.

Kodi Burns played most of the Arkansas game. I was actually at that game and heard Chris Todd get boo'd whenever he came in for 1 or 2 possesions. Kodi Burns played horribly that game like he has most of the year.

Also if your going to say that the reason Kodi didn't perform as well is because of him not having an OC, then you can thank Tuberville for that. Its not Chris Todd's fault that our offense was so bad.

Kodi Burns played most of the Arkansas game. I was actually at that game and heard Chris Todd get boo'd whenever he came in for 1 or 2 possesions. Kodi Burns played horribly that game like he has most of the year.

Also if your going to say that the reason Kodi didn't perform as well is because of him not having an OC, then you can thank Tuberville for that. Its not Chris Todd's fault that our offense was so bad.

Well that's what Ive been saying I'm sorry they can't handle the truth. If they think Kodi Fr-eking Burn's

is a good QB they were not watching the same game I was.

We would have done just as good with Mario Fannin Go back and watch his Highlight's from high school.

Fannin 4 star QB Rated 5.8 best player on his team.

Burn's 4 star QB rated 5.9 best player on his team.

Where is Mario playing now? WR and our biggest big play threat. (They were the same guy in high school.)

But if even suggest we move Kodi somewhere else to help our "TEAM" And I'm a Kodi basher.

So let me get this clear "So" we can change Mario. But is we move Kodi It's somehow wrong.

Please tell me why.

BroncoAU wrote:

And how did Burns do in nearly the same situation? .... against that "piddly ass Ark team", with the game on the line in the 4th quarter, and with first and goal .... how did your guy Burns perform?

Are you holding Burns and Todd to the same standard? .... doubtful.

Anyone that looks at the LSU loss and attempts to pin any part of that loss on quarterback play doesn't understand much about the game of football. You're pipe-dreaming if you think Burns would've stood a chance at winning the LSU game

AUBronco wrote:

You make some good points. But Chris Todd or Harrell wont be our QB next year will they?

Nice Spin though . But You have not convinced me Sorry!!! Results will. Next year Kodi will suit up.

And if he is our QB I will cheer him on, And hope he proves me wrong. But I don't think that will happen.

He's just not good enough throwing the ball to be a SEC QB. IMHO

And once CGC gets a good OC in that can properly coach/train/groom him, he will prove you wrong. he showed promise in is TF year and I still believe he will be the man until he grads...

Then who's fault is it that C. Todd is bad? if he couldn't hack it at TT, and JuCo Ball, he has no business at AU either. Once we get the right OC in, KB will be just fine.

Archived