Bottom three?

WarTim

Just to cure the craving SOME folks have to bash and belittle..... :D

Who are your picks for the biggest "underachievers" in AU football history?

#1 Allen Parks

#2 Willie Northern

#3 Sam Degarnet

(I am certain I got the spelling wrong...)

Why "Lectron"?

He was a good player, until the injury bug hit.................. :au:

Ken Hobby

Pedro Cherry

Alan Evans

Tutt kid from Ga called "King Tutt"

+ many others. WDE! :ph34r:

But Northern was a big time recruit at the time and declared that he would be part of the "best receiver corp in AU history". That never materialized.

I'd have to say:

Alan Evans

Allen Tillman

(so far) Devin Aromashodu

i'd drop devin b/c he was the second leading receiver as a frosh. i'd say king tut is up there. and what about stanford simmons? we signed him three times! great size and speed, but man was he bad.

Barrett Askew-Parade All-American linebacker from Lanett in 1995

Alan Evans-always in Bo's shadow

Cassinious Moore-was supposed to be next Bo...injuries did finish his career

Every time one of these threads come up someone always lists Lectron Williams. Why not go on and add Pedro Cherry he had his knee blown out as well. Ohhh I was too late someone has already listed Pedro. How about the lineman just this last year who had to give up because of a recurring shoulder injury?

Lectron Williams was a great talent and contributed to the AU team when healthy. He also graduated from AU and is a productive citizen in Mobile.

To call someone a bust or washout because of injury is uncalled for. :angry:

In my opinion a "Bust" would be someone who was a highly regarded recruit and never contributed much to the betterment of the team. Either because of lack of talent or lack of desire.

With that said, Willie Northern, Allen Tillman, the brothers (LB & WR) from the Miami area.

bearsdead,

I'm sorry, but there's no way you can put players that were good enough to start and had success in many areas, even if it wasn't as much as we'd like, in the same group with players that came in with all the hype in the world and never played a down (i.e. Alan Evans, Allen Tillman, etc.) No way Campbell and Baker fit in that list.

In that respect, I was probably too hasty in putting Aromashodu in there. His sophomore year was terrible. His freshman year showed some promise.

ROBERT BAKER??? robert baker? robert baker who lead the team in rec. yardage and touchdowns for two seasons? robert baker that is still in the nfl? robert baker the touchdown maker? gots ta disagree with ya there.

Sorry. I can't really call a kid a bust unless he refused to get a degree. First and foremost, they are students. But to call a good high school player a bust in college is wrong. this thread should have started with, what are some of the poorest recruiting choices made by any AU coaching staff.

I find Robert Baker to be a temporary bust in life. He did finally get it together, but too late for AU. He was however a solid player for AU. He is a perfect example of how not to cunduct your LIFE, not just you athletic career. I only comment on him because what he did transcends AU football.

I appreciate you coming to Lectron's defense. Do you remember how highly recruited this guy was? I don't recall him being "all that" even before the injuries.

Yes I remember how highly recruited he was. I also remember him having his knee blown ou in HS and working through it. I also remember him having his knee injured while at :au: I also remember him looking pretty dang good till the injuries. Why don't you ask Pat Dye if Lectron was a bust? Why don't you list every player that has ever been injured and hang the "Bust" tag on them. This thread started on the premis of recruiting bust. An injury does not constitute a recruiting bust. Not having the ability to contribute does, Not having the desire to work and get better would as well. Not qualifying and not doing anything to get qualified would as well. But injuries absolutely not.

First, let me say that I am surprised that WarTim would start this thread since it is putting Auburn men in a bad light. I'm in a good mood today and don't feel like taliking bad about many AU tigers, so here's my list of AU busts (though not in recruiting:

1. Eric Ramsey

2. Terry Bowden

3. Doug Barfield

WarTim: An imbecile is posting negative posts and personal attacks against former players under your name. These posts are inappropriate and not at all like you so I'm sure it is an imposter.

First, let me say that I am surprised that WarTim would start this thread since it is putting Auburn men in a bad light. I'm in a good mood today and don't feel like taliking bad about many AU tigers, so here's my list of AU busts (though not in recruiting:

1. Eric Ramsey

2. Terry Bowden

3. Doug Barfield

I'm surprised too. I guess he is privy to some sort of double standard in his own mind. I mean he himself said that an AU man is "not NEGATIVE". If this thread isn't a negative thread about AU what is?

WarTim: An imbecile is posting negative posts and personal attacks against former players under your name. These posts are inappropriate and not at all like you so I'm sure it is an imposter.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Must be a $puater that has hacked into the system :o ! Wait a minute all $puaters are too dumb to do that. Just ask ol wartim himself. Maybe they hired someone. Or maybe there is an imbecile posting under the name of wartim. You may be on to something here.

Archived