Bama Loses two

ziggyg

4 Jucos, that leaves 33 if they have room for all the Jucos.

Eight have to not qualify or don't get a scholarship. I don't know the situation, but that could be a nightmare PR-wise for them. Wonder how it would be used against them next year.

All that and they only signed 1 qb... Cotton.

Patterson going to Ole Miss shocked me. I really thought he would still end up at MSU. Massie is the only one I really consider we lost. I think most thought we would get him, Patterson was always a question mark in my mind. I think two things really contributed to Massie going to Ole Miss: 1) His roommate at Hargrave was Tig Barksdale, also a Ole Miss recruit from last year that signed with them today as well and 2) I think our coaches told him he would probably be RT, which he wanted to play LT.

Eight have to not qualify or don't get a scholarship. I don't know the situation, but that could be a nightmare PR-wise for them. Wonder how it would be used against them next year.

That's assuming all JUCOs are already enrolled, which none of them are. Only one, Drummond, is enrolled and he's a high school guy. So it actually takes them down to 36.

Massie and patterson sign with Ole Miss.

http://blog.al.com/rapsheet/2009/02/ot_bob...ded_to_ole.html

I knew in the past month or so, it looked like Patterson would not be signing with UA. Massie was a surprise, however. Ole Miss came in very late and made a very good case with Massie and he was sold. I would have loved to have him, but I'm happy with what we have. He was more than likely looking at RT so he wouldn't have had to compete with Fluker who will go to LT.

That's assuming all JUCOs are already enrolled, which none of them are. Only one, Drummond, is enrolled and he's a high school guy. So it actually takes them down to 36.

I just hope some of these kids don't get caught in this mess and thrown to the wind. They have to clean out 11 of these kids... how many went into signing day knowing that Ole Miss couldn't take them? I've really got a bad feeling about all of this. I feel like it's gone too far and futures aren't being considered.

Schools that don't oversign and complain about the way we do it, this must be fuel for the fire for them. I wonder if any changes will come out of this. Has anyone ever gotten so many commits?

Archived