Four SEC Baseball Stadiums Make Rivals Top 10

MDM4AU

http://secsports.com/index.php?s=&url_...hange_well_id=2

Plainsman Park -- Auburn

When the Tigers decided to renovate their facility in 1996, many schools, including Baylor, took notice of the project. Plainsman Park is one of the nation's best stadiums and has a wonderful façade to go with a cozy atmosphere. Plainsman Park has a capacity of 4,096 fans. However, the record attendance for a single-game was set in 2002, as 4,715 fans packed the stadium to watch Auburn play LSU. Recently, the Tigers have installed a new drainage system for the playing surface and a state-of-the-art strength and rehabilitation center. Auburn certainly is a trendsetter.

I was at that game in 02. It was crazy for a baseball game. it was almost as packed for Ga. Tech when tehy were number one in 03 I think. One of the only times I went in staduim. I enjoed sitting on nthe hill with a cooler and the tailgating atmosphere back in the day. Plainsman is a beautiful park.

On the Saturday of the Bama basketball game, I walked around the outfield side of the stadium. They were taking down the "video board" section of the scoreboard. They re-installed something that looked exactly like it. I have no idea whether that was a true "video board" or just the old school animation screen thing.

Food for thought.

It's an HD video board! It's AUSOME! I watched them "light" it up the other night for the first time. Very nice!

The Lee County Auburn Club will be working with the Auburn Diamond Club to help bring back the tailgate atmosphere over the next few years. Look for more tailgating prior to the weekend series.

It's an HD video board! It's AUSOME! I watched them "light" it up the other night for the first time. Very nice!

The Lee County Auburn Club will be working with the Auburn Diamond Club to help bring back the tailgate atmosphere over the next few years. Look for more tailgating prior to the weekend series.

Last Saturday night the J-H jumbotron suddenly came on flashing "Welcome to J-J Stadium. After just 2-3 minutes it was off. Any idea what the was about at that time of night?

Archived