More NCAA Rumors

buzzurd24

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Understand however that this is the same athletic department that received a letter last year and wouldn't confirm they received that initial letter either. Hopefully for bama fans it's just false and nothing more to it, i think they have went through enough early this decade."

Whatever. It's not the fans fault but the school they pull for is guilty of far more than they have been penalized for.

I say give bammer and USC the death penalty and the BS would stop.

"Understand however that this is the same athletic department that received a letter last year and wouldn't confirm they received that initial letter either. Hopefully for bama fans it's just false and nothing more to it, i think they have went through enough early this decade."

Whatever. It's not the fans fault but the school they pull for is guilty of far more than they have been penalized for.

hate to disagree with you, but the death penalty, while it would be great fun to watch the uaters squirm without a program, will NOT stop the cheating at uat. NOTHING can stop the cheating at uat. It's what they do. They know of no other way to compete. That said, I'd still love to see them get what they've deserved for close to 100 years.

These rumors are quite common and I wouldn't get too excited about them yet. Looka t USC and how long they've taken. If the Tide is guilty, then I'd say throw the book at them! It's not enough to have to compete against them recruiting but to add the factor of illegality is unforgivable to mel Bryant got away with it because he intimidated people and I had to endure that for about 25 years and it was sad and frustrating for Auburn people. Saban is not the same as bear. Go after them and if they are guilty, which I suspect that they are, go after them and nail them.!

hate to disagree with you, but the death penalty, while it would be great fun to watch the uaters squirm without a program, will NOT stop the cheating at uat. NOTHING can stop the cheating at uat. It's what they do. They know of no other way to compete. That said, I'd still love to see them get what they've deserved for close to 100 years.

You may be right. With that said, bammers were only top 5-15 in recruiting while on probation so they must have backed off some. I'd just love to see a level playing field where how much money someone was willing to spend didn't affect college sports.

If national names like bammer and USC got the death penalty, every school would realize that the BS that has gone on for 50 years is over.

This statement coming from a fan of a school that has been caught cheating more than anyone else (except SMU). I love the offseason.

This statement coming from a fan of a school that has been caught cheating more than anyone else (except SMU). I love the offseason.

Ah, I see you are a young one. With age comes wisdom.

and this statement from a fan of the boosters that were directly responsible for at least 3 of those probations. A little research into your own universities history will do you a world of good...

I'll help...since I have always been one to help the less fortunate. Here's a quote widely circulated in the south for over 20 years....

"Anytime the NCAA investigates alabama, auburn goes on probation." research is your friend... get the librarian to help you..

What have we been found guilty of that would warrant the death penalty?

It's early.

Old Rumors.

New details. Keep digging.

Old Rumors.

New details. Keep digging.

Who knows, they may accidentally dig something up on barner and if that was to happen that would be the 4th time to be put on probation after the ncaa was investigating bama according to wartiger anyway.

and this statement from a fan of the boosters that were directly responsible for at least 3 of those probations. A little research into your own universities history will do you a world of good...

I'll help...since I have always been one to help the less fortunate. Here's a quote widely circulated in the south for over 20 years....

"Anytime the NCAA investigates alabama, auburn goes on probation." research is your friend... get the librarian to help you..

And the conspiracy begins........errr continues.

It appears that I was slightly wrong. SMU and Arizona State are tied at 8 violations, Auburn second with 7 along with 6 other schools.

Research click on Major Violations, then click on "List of institutions which have had an infractions case" at the bottom of the page.

Hee hee. I'll mis you when you're gone. Won't be long now. At least BG will come visit us when all the mouthy ones are gone.

Hee hee. I'll mis you when you're gone. Won't be long now. At least BG will come visit us when all the mouthy ones are gone.

Mouthy? I very rarely speak up on this site.

So is it true or not that AU has been caught cheating more than BAMA?

I love the word "CAUGHT".....it's like O.J. He hasn't been "caught" murdering anyone....but only a fool would think he didn't do it.

Sorry, Bama. The hammer is coming. How hard it hits I don't know, but it's coming.

Mouthy? I very rarely speak up on this site.

1,200 posts on a rival's message board hardly qualifies as "rarely".

Dogs bark......Fire burns....uat cheats. It's just that simple.

p.s. You are welcome.

Auburn is sitting at 7, with none in football in 17 years and counting.

Bama is sitting at 4, with Textbookgate about to be added to the list. That would make 4 within the last 14 years (3 in football). And that's not even counting the rumors of another major one coming after the textbooks.

Yeah, I'd bring that list up if I were you.

It is good you used the word "caught". Bammer is becoming more and more well known for thier recruiting tactic$. I deal with people all over the country and they oftn ask or say things about the bammer$.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't bammer the only school in the nation that has had a booster convicted in federal court for things related to paying to get a high school kid to sign with bammer?

I don't see us getting hit all that hard by this. I certainly don't expect anything like the Ball State penalty. Their "TextbookGate" included alot more athletes across many more sports, and the players were actually making money off of it if I recall correctly. Plus, I believe they were getting things like Ipods, etc, as well. In NCAA terms, they were dealing with a "lack of institutional control". We are looking at "failure to monitor". I believe Ball State was on probation when their "TextbookGate" occured as well, and it wasn't handled as a repeat offender. They were handled as a summary disposition.

Our probationary window will more than likely be extended, and maybe a few scholarships over a few years lost as a punishment to the institution. The NCAA approved the reinstatement of the players involved after their suspension, so more than likely that will cover punishment on the players' end.

But then again, its the NCAA. Who knows....

If you guys don't suffer a heavy hit, with this failure to keep your business in order while on probation or gods sake, I will lose faith that the NCAA is actually present to keep the playing field level and student atheletes amatuers.

If you guys lose a couple schollies when you failed to handle your business while still under the gun from paying at least the one player they caught you paying it would be a failure of the NCAA system.

Archived