More NCAA Rumors

buzzurd24

Not true. Auburn was put on probation in 1957 and had done nothing wrong. Remember Don Fuell

Curious to hear the explanation for this statement.

'57 had the same charge as '58, IIRC. Improper recruiting inducements.

Terry..can you elaborate and provide the facts?

Both were for improper recruiting inducements. The NCAA really provides no further information for those two charges on their site other than the charges and the penalties. I'm guessing that is because it is from the 50's.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBi....utton=Go+Search

If you were smart, you should stay away from this one since I doubt you have a clue about the Don Fuell case. Bammers have been trying to deny the truth for over 50 years now. The NCAA doesn't say what Auburn was penalized for because they NEVER proved the accusations. Fact is you can't prove false accusations. I know the truth in this casre from first hand personal involvement.

If my memory is correct, the 1958 violation was for an ass't coach taking a kid to a movie during his visit and buying his ticket.

Ah, I forgot. Auburn has never ever cheated. The only trouble AU has ever had with the NCAA was because of Bear Bryant and his meddling. Anything after Bryant? Simple misunderstandings. Sorry, now I understand. The NCAA sure would be smart to put you on the investigations committee.

If you had any correct facts, you might could carry on an intelligent conversation. As it is I feel like I'm dueling with an unarmed person. Bryant wasn't even bama's coach in 1957. It was Ears Whitworth and Auburn owned bama. It is established fact the Ears sent two bama ass't to Auburn posing as encyclopedia salesman. They ending up making accusations but nothing was ever proven because it wasn't true. Like I said you would be smart to move on from this one so your ignorance isn't further exposed.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not true. Auburn was put on probation in 1957 and had done nothing wrong. Remember Don Fuell

Curious to hear the explanation for this statement.

'57 had the same charge as '58, IIRC. Improper recruiting inducements.

Terry..can you elaborate and provide the facts?

Both were for improper recruiting inducements. The NCAA really provides no further information for those two charges on their site other than the charges and the penalties. I'm guessing that is because it is from the 50's.

https://goomer.ncaa.org/wdbctx/LSDBi/LSDBi....utton=Go+Search

If you were smart, you should stay away from this one since I doubt you have a clue about the Don Fuell case. Bammers have been trying to deny the truth for over 50 years now. The NCAA doesn't say what Auburn was penalized for because they NEVER proved the accusations. Fact is you can't prove false accusations. I know the truth in this casre from first hand personal involvement.

If my memory is correct, the 1958 violation was for an ass't coach taking a kid to a movie during his visit and buying his ticket.

Ah, I forgot. Auburn has never ever cheated. The only trouble AU has ever had with the NCAA was because of Bear Bryant and his meddling. Anything after Bryant? Simple misunderstandings. Sorry, now I understand. The NCAA sure would be smart to put you on the investigations committee.

If you had any correct facts, you might could carry on an intelligent conversation. As it is I feel like I'm dueling with an unarmed person. Bryant wasn't even bama's coach in 1957. It was Ears Whitworth and Aubuen owned bama. It is established fact the Ears sent two bama ass't to Auburn posing as encyclopedia salesman. They ending up making accusations but nothing was ever proven because it wasn't true. Like I said you would be smart to move on from this one so your ignorance isn't further exposed.

Your to late

It is established fact the Ears sent two bama ass't to Auburn posing as encyclopedia salesman. They ending up making accusations but nothing was ever proven because it wasn't true. Like I said you would be smart to move on from this one so your ignorance isn't further exposed.

Oh, I see, because you say so. Imagine that. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I would like to see that established fact, actually, so I can be better educated on the matter.

It is established fact the Ears sent two bama ass't to Auburn posing as encyclopedia salesman. They ending up making accusations but nothing was ever proven because it wasn't true. Like I said you would be smart to move on from this one so your ignorance isn't further exposed.

Oh, I see, because you say so. Imagine that. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I would like to see that established fact, actually, so I can be better educated on the matter.

try this

Rich Donnell, SHUG: The Life and Times of Auburn’s Ralph ‘Shug’ Jordan, Owl Bay Publishers , 1993, PP149-161

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

http://www.amazon.com/Shug-Times-Auburns-R...0174&sr=8-1

Our own AFtiger has transcribed parts of it for us...visit that here:

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=15970

try this

Rich Donnell, SHUG: The Life and Times of Auburn’s Ralph ‘Shug’ Jordan, Owl Bay Publishers , 1993, PP149-161

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

Holy Turd, $155! I'd have to tell my kid he can't go to Camp Mac ;)

try this

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

In all fairness, I guess it what you choose to believe or not to believe. Don't believe everything you read but I am sure I'm not the first person to tell anybody that. Talk about the bammers still holding on to the Bear after 26 yrs, the barn is still holding on to the Don Fuell story after 52 yrs. It is time to let go.

try this

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

In all fairness, I guess it what you choose to believe or not to believe. Don't believe everything you read but I am sure I'm not the first person to tell anybody that. Talk about the bammers still holding on to the Bear after 26 yrs, the barn is still holding on to the Don Fuell story after 52 yrs. It is time to let go.

not sure what the barn is...but I'll consider the source and move forward. Now, as far as "holding on to this for 52 years" , who are you to tell us to let it go? It's a large part of who uat is and what they will do to get the advantage. This is NOT the only instance that uat has done something like this to another university. There are some of us here that were around when this happened. It doesn't go away easily when you know your university was innocent. Many of you uaters simply can't understand what fuels the hate we have for every aspect of your cesspool of a university. This is a SOLID example of what fuels that hatred and why we wish NOTHING but the worst possible things for uat. You don't like it, I couldn't care less.

try this

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

not sure what the barn is...but I'll consider the source and move forward. Now, as far as "holding on to this for 52 years" , who are you to tell us to let it go? It's a large part of who uat is and what they will do to get the advantage. This is NOT the only instance that uat has done something like this to another university. There are some of us here that were around when this happened. It doesn't go away easily when you know your university was innocent. Many of you uaters simply can't understand what fuels the hate we have for every aspect of your cesspool of a university. This is a SOLID example of what fuels that hatred and why we wish NOTHING but the worst possible things for uat. You don't like it, I couldn't care less.

I am not telling anyone to let go of anything. It was just a suggestion. After all, nothing can change that happened 50 yrs ago. I guess you can hope the ncaa slams Bama but still what happened 50 yrs ago is not going to change. The present is the only thing that really matters. As far as all these books people have written on behalf of either university, there is a lot of truth that gets stretched out just to sell books and anyone with a little common sense knows that. Take them for entertainment and NOT 100% truth because they are not.

For you youngster's, in case you didn't get it the first time...it goes like this..."Bamar cheats, Auburn goes on probation." That's the way it was in the days of Shug and the Bahr....

But it appears the worm may be turning. B)

:au::homer:

try this

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

That's an interesting reply in my eyes.

On one hand you have a series of books from Coach Bryant talking about how he didn't break any rules during his time at UA. But, that's not considered credible in a lot of Auburn fans eyes.

But, in an effort to prove something else a book written by Shug Jordan is cited.

Just interesting...that's all.

try this

ISBB 0-9638568-0-4

purchase it here...

That's an interesting reply in my eyes.

On one hand you have a series of books from Coach Bryant talking about how he didn't break any rules during his time at UA. But, that's not considered credible in a lot of Auburn fans eyes.

But, in an effort to prove something else a book written by Shug Jordan is cited.

way to completely overlook is own autobiography where he admitted to paying players.... how convenient... Tell me, what happened to Texas A&M the year after the drunk left?? I'll give you a hint....uat has had them on campus 5 times in 14 years..... Then there's this little nugget.... If this isn't indicative of bryants corruption what is?? This is from one of your own ilk and not altered in any way,shape or form....

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

Actually, Bryant's books aren't credible in the eyes of the NCAA either -- unless, of course, you consider the Improper Recruiting citation uat received in 1964 listed in the NCAA's Major Infractions database just a typo?

Your naivete is ... interesting, that's all.

way to completely overlook is own autobiography where he admitted to paying players.... how convenient... Tell me, what happened to Texas A&M the year after the drunk left?? I'll give you a hint....uat has had them on campus 5 times in 14 years..... Then there's this little nugget.... If this isn't indicative of bryants corruption what is?? This is from one of your own ilk and not altered in any way,shape or form....

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

I suppose you are ignoring the emoticon at the end of that post you copied? WT, he's making joke.

I'm not going to get into some "probation/NCAA discussion" with any of you guys because you know what it ends up being. It's nothing more than a pissing contest where the "most penalized team in the SEC" argument goes against whatever you want to bring into it.

It accomplishes NOTHING. Waste of time, pure and simple.

I do suppose I should have expected nothing less than the worn out attack on a man who has passed on over a quarter of a century ago.

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

I suppose you are ignoring the emoticon at the end of that post you copied? WT, he's making joke.

I'm not going to get into some "probation/NCAA discussion" with any of you guys because you know what it ends up being. It's nothing more than a pissing contest where the "most penalized team in the SEC" argument goes against whatever you want to bring into it.

I do suppose I should have expected nothing less than the worn out attack on a man who has passed on over a quarter of a century ago.

We will stop bringing him if you turd's will !

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

you are full of s*** and you know it. He's not making a joke here at all. He's stating the way things were back then. Plain and simple. If you want to continue to live in your uat state of delusion that's up to you.

No, you really shouldn't expect anything less than us to vilify the most corrupt coach in the history of college football. You don't like it, you are welcome to go somewhere else where you can praise the almighty master of corruption that you called a coach. Here? he's Nothing...

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

you are full of s*** and you know it. He's not making a joke here at all. He's stating the way things were back then. Plain and simple. If you want to continue to live in your uat state of delusion that's up to you.

No, you really shouldn't expect anything less than us to vilify the most corrupt coach in the history of college football. You don't like it, you are welcome to go somewhere else where you can praise the almighty master of corruption that you called a coach. Here? he's Nothing...

Wartiger, I just have to ask you something and maybe I have misread you here but by you saying Bryant was "the almighty master of corruption that you called a coach", are you saying he was not even a good coach. If true, you are the first auburn fan I have heard say that. Whether he cheated or not, anybody that has followed college football knows the guy was a good coach. Don't get me wrong, I may have just misread you.

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

Wartiger, I just have to ask you something and maybe I have misread you here but by you saying Bryant was "the almighty master of corruption that you called a coach", are you saying he was not even a good coach. If true, you are the first auburn fan I have heard say that. Whether he cheated or not, anybody that has followed college football knows the guy was a good coach. Don't get me wrong, I may have just misread you.

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

He was a good coach. Not great, but good. He was a shameless, yet very slick, self-promoter. He was a great politician and organizer. He was GREAT at bringing too much talent to one school so that most of those kids didn't get to play for anyone at all. There's no telling how many future stars rotted on the bench at Bama so that other schools didn't get them. He was also great at making sure his team always played an extra game or two every season. He was very good at using Auburn as his preferred target when he knew he couldn't beat Texas. He was proficient at building up his own cult of personality. Finally, he was the master at developing methods of getting ahead that technically didn't violate any rules but were slimy nonetheless (baseball scholarships, anyone?). Perhaps half of the NCAA rules on football could be under their own chapter entitled "de Bahr".

If you think he will get any praise beyond that on our board you're kidding yourself. He was scum in my book. :poke:

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

Seriously dude, you need to get laid.

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

Wow, how amazingly witty. I mean real knee-slappingly funny stuff. The more I think of it the funnier it gets. I mean, that is funny on a deep, deep, soul-stirring level. Did you write that by yourself, or did you let your monkeys use the computer for a few minutes? Because, I'm telling you, if you wrote it you have clearly missed your calling. Saturday Night Live may be calling you. But if your monkeys wrote it, I have a job for them working with BammerPerry at the zoo. They could put together an incredible skit in the otter habitat.

I like the masterful use of the words "seriously" and "dude". Real art, I tell you. Art. A real magnum opus.

The REC will accept anybody with a hundred dollar bill these days. The bear was and always will be a halfway decent coach of a backwards school and a thoroughly contemptible person.

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

Wow, how amazingly witty. I mean real knee-slappingly funny stuff. The more I think of it the funnier it gets. I mean, that is funny on a deep, deep, soul-stirring level. Did you write that by yourself, or did you let your monkeys use the computer for a few minutes? Because, I'm telling you, if you wrote it you have clearly missed your calling. Saturday Night Live may be calling you. But if your monkeys wrote it, I have a job for them working with BammerPerry at the zoo. They could put together an incredible skit in the otter habitat.

I like the masterful use of the words "seriously" and "dude". Real art, I tell you. Art. A real magnum opus.

I'm glad you like it, because it was all for you.

You guys were a lot easier to converse with when Tommy had his streak intact. So much nastiness after only one defeat.

uatfanquoteeh2.jpg

I'm glad you like it, because it was all for you.

You guys were a lot easier to converse with when Tommy had his streak intact. So much nastiness after only one defeat.

Wow, another stunningly witty retort. "Tommy" didn't have a streak. Auburn did. You think my response was nasty? Man, you guys are much weaker than I thought. I know your monkeys didn't write that. That was only praise for your high achievement. I know you probably worked on it for days. Last year's Iron Bowl was last year. Let's see what happens this year when you have your new coach against our new coach. Unfortunately, many fans may not get to see it on TV. Damn NCAAzis and whatnot. :poke:

Let's see what happens this year when you have your new coach against our new coach.

If you're hoping for Saban to leave before the Iron Bowl this year so your new coach actually has a chance, you are going to be highly disappointed.

Let's see what happens this year when you have your new coach against our new coach.

If you're hoping for Saban to leave before the Iron Bowl this year so your new coach actually has a chance, you are going to be highly disappointed.

It's only mid-day and already you need to get laid :poke:

It's only mid-day and already you need to get laid :poke:

I take it when I can get it. B)

Archived