What kind of mower do you use?

Wishbone

I use a 1954 Gravely tractor with a mower attachement. By far the best mower I have ever used. It'll knock down small trees and brush with ease and it goes fast. Much more dangerous than a modern mower.

Anybody got any recommendations?

I have about three acres of grass to cut and use a cub cadet 50" ztr. If your land is flat, I would recommend it. 90% of our land is flat, but the 10% that is hilly is pretty brutal, it takes a while to figure out the right angle to hit the hill, and it's not an extreme slope by any means. It's only safe to use it on a 15% graded slope. I love the mower, but when it wears out, I will get a tractor with mowing attachment.

The cheapest model they had at Sears. Of course I live in 0.2 acre suburbia, so its pretty adequate for me.

I use a 1954 Gravely tractor with a mower attachement. By far the best mower I have ever used. It'll knock down small trees and brush with ease and it goes fast. Much more dangerous than a modern mower.

What's wrong with the one you have?

What's wrong with the one you have?

It's old so it breaks down on occasion. It's been known to sit idle for years. Also, I've known of two people who have rolled it, including myself. At the same time, when it works, it really works. Are there any modern mowers that show no mercy like this old warhorse?

I purchased a 54" Cub Cadet Commercial zero-turn prior to this year's season and I have no complaints with it so far.

Archived