WOW....that oregon player needs to be done.

WarTiger

two things:

1. never take your head gear off unless you are in the locker room.

2. Blount's season should be over. Period.

And yes, I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night (and I kept my head gear on..... :lol: )

WAR EAGLE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Word on ESPN is that Blount just fell from a 2nd round pick to undrafted status.

Maybe MMA is looking for new talent.

I just saw a new ESPN report on the issue at lunch, and Chris Peterson was in the middle of getting onto his own player for mouthing off, literally grabbing his shoulder pads when Blount landed the punch. Then Peterson ignores Blount, picks up his guy and starts to yell at him some more. He must have said somehting about the kids mother! :big: Peterson was interviewed today by ESPN and he said it should not be a big deal, almost to lay blame on his own guy, it was only one punch int he heat of the moment, etc. He said it was both of thier faults and should just be forgotten about and let's all just get back to playing some football. I actually liked how Peterson handled it.

I'm not trying to defend Blount, but the BSU guy looked like he deseved to get a strong blow to the jaw. Blount definitely wasn't running away like a sissy either.

I disagree. A man knows how to control himself and take a loss the right way. That was hardly some horrible instance of taunting. I've seen worse in the middle of a game.

Again, notice I was not defending Blount. He should not have taken it that far. If you notice Peterson yelling at his own player more than caring about what Blount was doing. I would have to guess he deserved something. Do you know what was said? I don't, but the guy looked like a douchebag and like he needed to be put in his place.

Blount's season is done.

EUGENE, Ore. -- Oregon has suspended running back LeGarrette Blount for the remainder of the season for punching Boise State linebacker Byron Hout after Thursday night's loss.

Blount's suspension includes any bowl games. Coach Chip Kelly said he will remain on scholarship.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4446898

Meh.

The BSU player asked for it. Blount took it too far by going Ron Artest on a couple of Bronco fans, but the taunting player had it coming for him.

I laughed. So, there.

Meh.

The BSU player asked for it. Blount took it too far by going Ron Artest on a couple of Bronco fans, but the taunting player had it coming for him.

I laughed. So, there.

Thanks for the turd viewpoint. Nobody "deserves" to get hit like that. Not surprisingly, the NCAA doesn't agree with you:

"Under no circumstance is fighting acceptable. ... Sportsmanship is everyone's responsibility, including student-athletes, coaches, officials, institutions and fans," NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson said in a statement.

There's no place for the old Miami U thuggishness in cfb. It's why Eric Smith won't see the field this year. And that's why your LB won't see the field this year for throwing his girlfriend to the ground by the head. Oh, wait ... that didn't happen. Apparently, she "deserved it."

Trash talk always happens, and typically guys like Blount are also usually the first to dish it out. I didn't see anything about taunting - do you have a link so I can see it?

Uh you didn't see the BSU player slap Blhttp://www.aunation.net/forums/public/style_images/master/rte_icons/link.pngount on the shoulder pads and taunt him at the same time? :blink:

ESPN Full Take

When you beat someone, you don't rub it in. It's more important to win with class than loose with it.

The BS guy had it coming!

Major props to Oregon's coach for doing the right thing. This crap about the boise player had it coming is just complete bull****. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior....EVER. This kid just ended his college career and its exactly what should have happened.

Meh.

I laughed. So, there.

Thanks for the turd viewpoint. Nobody "deserves" to get hit like that. Not surprisingly, the NCAA doesn't agree with you:

"Under no circumstance is fighting acceptable. ... Sportsmanship is everyone's responsibility, including student-athletes, coaches, officials, institutions and fans," NCAA spokesman Erik Christianson said in a statement.

There's no place for the old Miami U thuggishness in cfb. It's why Eric Smith won't see the field this year. And that's why your LB won't see the field this year for throwing his girlfriend to the ground by the head. Oh, wait ... that didn't happen. Apparently, she "deserved it."

When you taunt someone after a game, it's my opinion that you should get hit. Not once -- but multiple times to make damn sure that you think twice about taunting an opposing player the next time you luck up and win one.

The way he arrogantly got his attention and then chuckled after a loss is as inexcusable as Blount going apesh*t on the Boise fans. He should sit a game, also.

He'll have it coming again if he didn't learn his lesson the first time. Very few players in college football are going to let you taunt them after a game and then let you walk away smelling like a rose.

Chip Kelly just got his butt handed to him in his first game as a head coach. At the end of the game, one of his guy's punches one of the opposing players. If that last thing had happened after his third year, I doubt Blount gets a full season suspension. Since it did, the kid loses out so that the coach can make a statement that this is "his team."

Another thug who thinks he is bigger than the game------------Pacman of the college ranks. When will they learn. That stunt probably

cost him millions of dollars in the draft.

:no:

When you taunt someone after a game, it's my opinion that you should get hit. Not once -- but multiple times to make damn sure that you think twice about taunting an opposing player the next time you luck up and win one.

"luck up and win one"...right. Oregon was very fortunate that the margin wasn't worse...not getting a first down for 38:00 of game time is pitiful.

The way he arrogantly got his attention and then chuckled after a loss is as inexcusable as Blount going apesh*t on the Boise fans. He should sit a game, also.

This is either a troll or an idiotic statement...I'm leaning toward the latter of the two. There is no way the two reactions are "as inexcusable."

Some trips up and down the stadium steps might be in the Boise player's future, but that'd be all I'd expect.

I don't know -- I'm just from the school of not kicking a guy when he's down.

Anybody who goes out of his way to talk trash to his opponent needs a broken jaw. I can't stand that crap. Shake his hand and move on like you've done it before.

Trash talk is one thing. Seeking someone out to slap him on the shoulder pads and say something to him is entirely different. What did that BSU player think would happen? Blount was walking off the field minding his own business before the encounter. Even Chris Peterson tried to pull that BSU player aside only to have him cold cocked by Blount.

I say pull that stunt at a local sports bar and see what type of reaction you get. :thumbsup:

Trash talk is one thing. Seeking someone out to slap him on the shoulder pads and say something to him is entirely different. What did that BSU player think would happen? Blount was walking off the field minding his own business before the encounter. Even Chris Peterson tried to pull that BSU player aside only to have him cold cocked by Blount.

I say pull that stunt at a local sports bar and see what type of reaction you get. :thumbsup:

This.

So do you both think Blount's reaction was justified? I just want to be clear on this for future reference.

Against the Boise State player? Absolutely. That chump deserved to have his grin wiped off clean.

His actions against fans, his teammates, and security is what where he erred.

If Blount had done some jawboning back and left it there, then the whole incident would have been forgotten in about a day...the punch was over the line. Way over the line. I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

Keep in mind that Blount was the one that ran his mouth last year after Boise beat Oregon...if you can't take some of your own crap being thrown back at you, then don't say something inflammatory to begin with.

Archived