AU vs. UT Tiger Walk 2009

James

**There will be no Tiger Walk at Neyland Stadium on Saturday, according to the Auburn website. The message was this:

"Forsafety and security measures requested by the University of Tennessee,there will not be a Tiger Walker at Neyland Stadium."

THIS PISSES ME OFF!

:rant:

Security concerns? Auburn has done Tiger Walk every game for how long? Sounds fishy... they already have cops there. What's the big deal?

UT fans have been taking lessons from LSU & West Virginia fans. <_<:(

"Unofficial Tiger Walk" - Gate 10, 5:30 PM ET. If you are in town for the game, be there.

I'll be there!!!!!!

I hope the next time that UT comes to Auburn, for "safety reasons" their team bus has to park in Valley, and the football players must walk to Jordan-Hare.

I hope the next time that UT comes to Auburn, for "safety reasons" their team bus has to park in Valley, and the football players must walk to Jordan-Hare.

Well, there IS a precedent: Our forebearers greased the RR tracks and the Ga. Tech team had to walk back from Loachapoka. Maybe we could get the Vols to travel by train their next trip to Auburn?

Anyone thought about emailing Chizik?

True. He seems to be as "in touch" with the fans as any coach.

They aren't allowing the band or cheerleaders to be present. It is all BS. I was in the band when we last went to Knoxville and we did Tiger Walk and nothing happened except Tiger Walk as normal.

I pretty much agree it's a desperate move by Kiffen to try to get any kind of edge he can.

What a crock of crap. Still, contrary to earlier reports, fans will be allowed. I'm disappointed we have not heard one word from the Administration/Athletics Dept. on this ... AU Leadership - it's needed now.

The only team walking anywhere before the game this weekend will be Tennessee.

Auburn requested permission to add a Tiger Walk to go with the Vols' version of the Vol Walk before Saturday's game at Neyland Stadium (TV: ESPN, 7:45), but UT won't be sharing the streets for pregame festivities thanks to concerns about safety.

"The area where the visiting teams drop off is on a hill in a very tight space (by Gate 10)," UT spokesperson Tiffany Carpenter said Wednesday in an e-mail to The News Sentinel. "In 2004 when the Tigers played here, we had approximately 5,000 fans show up with the band and the cheerleaders, which was a great atmosphere, but a huge safety issue for the student-athletes, band and cheerleaders and fans because of the tight space.

"If something had happened to a fan in that area, EMT would not have been able to respond because of the crowd size."

UT had to cancel the Vol Walk last week due to weather issues, though it should be return as scheduled before kickoff this weekend.

And though Auburn won't be allowed to stage its own march to the stadium, visiting fans can still greet the Tigers before they enter it.

"We have just requested that the band and the cheerleaders not set up because it does create a safety issue," Carpenter said.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/sep/30/auburn-told-ut-no-tiger-walk-saturdays-game/

What a crock of crap. Still, contrary to earlier reports, fans will be allowed. I'm disappointed we have not heard one word from the Administration/Athletics Dept. on this ... AU Leadership - it's needed now.

The only team walking anywhere before the game this weekend will be Tennessee.

Auburn requested permission to add a Tiger Walk to go with the Vols' version of the Vol Walk before Saturday's game at Neyland Stadium (TV: ESPN, 7:45), but UT won't be sharing the streets for pregame festivities thanks to concerns about safety.

"The area where the visiting teams drop off is on a hill in a very tight space (by Gate 10)," UT spokesperson Tiffany Carpenter said Wednesday in an e-mail to The News Sentinel. "In 2004 when the Tigers played here, we had approximately 5,000 fans show up with the band and the cheerleaders, which was a great atmosphere, but a huge safety issue for the student-athletes, band and cheerleaders and fans because of the tight space.

"If something had happened to a fan in that area, EMT would not have been able to respond because of the crowd size."

UT had to cancel the Vol Walk last week due to weather issues, though it should be return as scheduled before kickoff this weekend.

And though Auburn won't be allowed to stage its own march to the stadium, visiting fans can still greet the Tigers before they enter it.

"We have just requested that the band and the cheerleaders not set up because it does create a safety issue," Carpenter said.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2009/sep/30/auburn-told-ut-no-tiger-walk-saturdays-game/

You know, the members of the band and the cheerleaders are also Auburn fans. Just because they start out apart and are "Pushed" together, what is UT going to do? Arrest them all? Trust me, if Kiffin has gotten rotten publicity for UT before that, if UT does that, that will be awful publicity. Hopefully, Auburn has thought of that very thing.

Archived