Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers

Roll Tide Rev

Since this topic was posted here earlier this is an update.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20091215/news/912159985

TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama Director of Athletics Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers to ask the league office to make adjustments to the SEC's 2010 football schedule, as well as it's upcoming 10-year release of future schedules, to bring more equity to the number of games each team must play against an opponent coming off an idle week.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“There was definitely a consensus among the athletic directors that it was out of sync,” said Bloom. “We are going to see what can be done, both for next year and the future.”

Bloom said all 12 of the league's athletic directors were in attendance

The things people complain about ... :no: ... as if it really factored into uat's results this year. This is like a lottery winner complaining about having to pay taxes. Sometimes, it's just better to keep your mouth shut.

The things people complain about ... :no: ... as if it really factored into uat's results this year. This is like a lottery winner complaining about having to pay taxes. Sometimes, it's just better to keep your mouth shut.

Would you be saying that if the shoe were on the other foot?

I can't stand Mal Moore, but he is right bringing this up. SEC w-L records are definitely affected by teams prior to and after off-weeks.

I thought Bama liked being the lead dog. Now the lead dog doesn't like the other dogs to be nipping at its heels. Teams try to schedule an open date before they play Alabama because they'd rather beat Alabama than anyone else. Every school in the conference hates the Tide. :o

Blah. Just because it fell bad doesn't mean everyone it jealous of you. You should quit your whining. Schedules can be and should be dictated. Hence, getting the Iron Bowl moved up a week earlier & getting LSU moved away the Iron Bowl. Look how that has helped you. and playing LA-Monroe, UTC, and whoever before Auburn. I will be honest, I would love that setup. Tough, it's football.

If AU was 13-0 and had played all their conf opponents after they had a bye week ... absolutely I would. Where is the evidence? Forget uat, can you point to an instance this season where it made a difference? If the schedules went back to an 11-game season I think that would make this whole issue moot. AU played 11 straight before they had a bye week. That's just too many games in a row.

I know we played much better the weeks after our bye week than the week going into it.

I know every player and saban when polled said we were tired and needed a break.

And if you don't think having an extra week to prepare for a team helps, then you don't like sports, and obviously don't watch them much.

TUSCALOOSA | University of Alabama Director of Athletics Mal Moore has persuaded his Southeastern Conference peers to ask the league office to make adjustments to the SEC's 2010 football schedule, as well as it's upcoming 10-year release of future schedules, to bring more equity to the number of games each team must play against an opponent coming off an idle week.

Poor bama babies. I think I may shed a tear. Wonder if the ADs also asked the conference to adjust the number of holding calls the refs can call on bama.

Poor bama babies. I think I may shed a tear. Wonder if the ADs also asked the conference to adjust the number of holding calls the refs can call on bama.

With all the whining on here about Bama this and Bama that, I'm sure there are a lot of tears hitting the keyboard :roflol:

If AU was 13-0 and had played all their conf opponents after they had a bye week ... absolutely I would. Where is the evidence? Forget uat, can you point to an instance this season where it made a difference? If the schedules went back to an 11-game season I think that would make this whole issue moot. AU played 11 straight before they had a bye week. That's just too many games in a row.

I agree with that. Bama played 8 in a row and you could tell that it was wearing on them. IMO, teams should take a bye around the 6th or 7th game.

[quote name='bamafan70' date='15 December 2009 - 10:47 PM' timestamp='1260938878'

With all the whining on here about Bama this and Bama that, I'm sure there are a lot of tears hitting the keyboard :roflol:

Only in the dreams of delusional bammers on an Auburn board.

Alabama played Chattanooga the week before the Iron Bowl. That IS a bye week.

It didn't help them much, now did it???? :roflol:

Oh....that's right! No moral victories, but it seems to be an issue. Coach Chizik wants it closer to the middle of the season, so I take it for what it's worth.

Big deal. There were a couple of seasons a few years ago when Auburn played six teams that had a bye week prior to the Auburn game. In typical institutional fashion, Auburn went about their business and played football and UAT is whining. 'Round the bowl...

It doesn't matter if you're wearing orange or crimson glasses- Alabama playing 3x as many idle-rested opponents as the next SEC school is unfair. I'm glad it's being addressed.

It doesn't matter if you're wearing orange or crimson glasses- Alabama playing 3x as many idle-rested opponents as the next SEC school is unfair. I'm glad it's being addressed.

WHAAA!!!! It's not fair. WHAAA ! They are all rested and junk. WHAAA :puke: What a bunch of crybabies.

You don't see LSU fans crying B/C you had a bye week before you played them do you??? HUH

I wish they would go back to the way they had it done in 2008. Every team in the league had 2 bye weeks. It's tough on those kids to play 8-9 weeks straight, much less 11 like auburn did this year. Having 2 bye weeks takes care of that. It's up to the individual AD's right now to set their teams schedule (with input from the head coach of course and other criteria). If they can't do two bye weeks like in 2008, at least move it more towards the middle of the season. This in no way says i want to cater to uat's complaining, because I couldn't care less what malfunction moore has to say. Two bye weeks. 1 in the middle of the season and one after the UGA game is fine with me. MalFunction doesn't like it, screw him.

In 94, we beat #1Florida and had a bye the next week.

In 04, we beat #3LSU and the next week played Citadel

In 06, we beat a top 10 LSU and the next game was Buffalo

In 06, Arkasnas beat us and the next week, they played a sub-division team.

Should we change this too? That way teams won't play Alabama knowing they have a bye week or a cupcake the following week? Hopefully, Mal thought this through.

We could always take the 12th game off of the schedule. Makes no sense to have 12 games and 1 be Tenn. Martin, UTC, Western Carolina, and so on. Like someone said earlier, playing a sub division school is almost like a bye week or you could at least look ahead more to the tougher opponent and your starters wouldn't have to play an entire game.

WHAAA!!!! It's not fair. WHAAA ! They are all rested and junk. WHAAA :puke: What a bunch of crybabies.

You don't see LSU fans crying B/C you had a bye week before you played them do you??? HUH

So you think it's fair that 6 SEC teams are taking the weak off prior to playing Alabama next year? And that we've had to face 3x as many idle-rested opponents as the next SEC school? That's no coincidence and you are blinded by hate if you think Alabama shouldn't be complaining about it.

Also, when you next address me, please leave out the childish remarks like 'WHAAA!!!!' It really takes away from whatever point you might have had and really makes you look like a fool.

So you think it's fair that 6 SEC teams are taking the weak off prior to playing Alabama next year? And that we've had to face 3x as many idle-rested opponents as the next SEC school? That's no coincidence and you are blinded by hate if you think Alabama shouldn't be complaining about it.

Also, when you next address me, please leave out the childish remarks like 'WHAAA!!!!' It really takes away from whatever point you might have had and really makes you look like a fool.

First let me say I will address you in anyway I want too.WHAAAAAAAAAA :roflol::roflol: OH And BTW if you want to be the best team in the SEC remember that "EVERYONE" will want to take the week off before playing you!It's there biggest game of the year!!!! Hello!!!! Your biggest game of the year was LSU Right? So who took there bye week before that game "ANYONE" ?????? Just more of the same from crybaby Bama fans. But what surprise! An Alabama fan wanting to have it both ways. What a shocker! :moon:

Archived