Thanks to Bobby Lowder

Proud Tiger

Thank you Bobby Lowder for calling ESPN and Sporting New's bluff. It's really nice to see someone stand up for Auburn in a real and visible way. I can't wait until Sunday to see John Saunders make his full retraction. :D:D:D

So Legal Eagle, vatz22au, channoc, etc., HOW 'BOUT THEM APPLES :D:D:D:D

Thank you Bobby Lowder for calling ESPN and Sporting New's bluff. It's really nice to see someone stand up for Auburn in a real and visible way. I can't wait until Sunday to see John Saunders make his full retraction. :D:D:D:D:D

Proud....I hope you are not holding your breath on this one! :D

If his name has been slandered, then more power to him taking up and going after false allegations. This, by far does not change my mind on how I feel about Lowder. He is not good for the University. This wouldn’t be an issue had he left when his term was up.

Yeah John and it would be dark outside if the sun hadn't come up but oooops, I forgot you are seeing darkness still. :D

Moron, read my earlier posts.....I said I hate the guy because of where he puts this program and the situations he gets us into....I never said I hated his espn claim fan club...

And arent you older than me? Right now your sounding like a little 8 year old girl.

vatz....I know what your posts say. I know you hate Lowder. Just tell me who else has stood up to Auburn detractors like Saunders lately.

Moron? I have my degrees , do you?

Older than you? I sure as hell hope so sonny. Is your Mommy paying your way to school?

I sound like an 8 year old girl? What are you hearing? Are you a predator? :D

Ooops, sorry have to run. Gas prices are going up so I need to fill up. that scoundrel Lowder is controlling oil prices.

vatz....I know what your posts say. I know you hate Lowder. Just tell me who else has stood up to Auburn detractors like Saunders lately.

Moron? I have my degrees , do you?

Older than you? I sure as hell hope so sonny. Is your Mommy paying your way to school?

I sound like an 8 year old girl? What are you hearing? Are you a predator? :D

Ooops, sorry have to run. Gas prices are going up so I need to fill up. that scoundrel Lowder is controlling oil prices.

Aww proud's true colors come out....

congratulations

By any chance, do you have a degree in self control?

Thank you Bobby Lowder for calling ESPN and Sporting New's bluff. It's really nice to see someone stand up for Auburn in a real and visible way. I can't wait until Sunday to see John Saunders make his full retraction. :D:D:D

So Legal Eagle, vatz22au, channoc, etc., HOW 'BOUT THEM APPLES :D:D:D:D

LOL proudtiger If Lowder werent on the board of trustees, the klan statement would have never been made and Paul davis wouldnt have any problems with Auburn LMAO. Lowder isnt defending AUburn he is defending himself!

If Lowder werent on the board of trustees, the klan statement would have never been made and Paul davis wouldnt have any problems with Auburn

Not so fast my friend. First and foremost Paul Davis is a Bammer. He once lived next door to the Bear himself. If you think that all the BS that Paul Davis writes is because he loves Auburn University and only dislikes the influence that Bobby Louder has, I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale.

If Lowder werent on the board of trustees, the klan statement would have never been made and Paul davis  wouldnt have any problems with Auburn

Not so fast my friend. First and foremost Paul Davis is a Bammer. He once lived next door to the Bear himself. If you think that all the BS that Paul Davis writes is because he loves Auburn University and only dislikes the influence that Bobby Louder has, I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale.

Whoa buddy......Where in my statement did i say he loved Auburn?????? Thats right i didnt.....I merely stated that had his newspaper building not burned due to a space heater, and had he not hated Lowder sooo much, there would be no KLAN statement to retract!

If Lowder werent on the board of trustees, the klan statement would have never been made and Paul davis  wouldnt have any problems with Auburn

Whoa buddy......Where in my statement did i say he loved Auburn?????? Thats right i didnt.....I merely stated that had his newspaper building not burned due to a space heater, and had he not hated Lowder sooo much, there would be no KLAN statement to retract!

autigger

Paul davis wouldnt have any problems with Auburn

Then where did I get this quote?

The retraction is coming off the statement where it was implied that B. Lowder started the fire, and Paul davis was quoted as saying, "Ive met the KU KLUX KLAN, and the Auburn Board is much worse" The retraction isnt about anything other than that..... There fore had Paul Davis not had a beef with BL, he wouldnt be claiming BL burned his building down. You see what Im saying????? I never said PD loves Auburn, but if he didnt have a beef with BL he wouldnt be running around claiming arson even after the fire department has stated there was no foul play involved. I dont know how much clearer you need things but if i need to say it one sentence at a time please let me know.

The retraction is coming off the statement where it was implied that B. Lowder started the fire, and Paul davis was quoted as saying, "Ive met the KU KLUX KLAN, and the Auburn Board is much worse" The retraction isnt about anything other than that..... There fore had Paul Davis not had a beef with BL, he wouldnt be claiming BL burned his building down. You see what Im saying????? I never said PD loves Auburn, but if he didnt have a beef with BL he wouldnt be running around claiming arson even after the fire department has stated there was no foul play involved. I dont know how much clearer you need things but if i need to say it one sentence at a time please let me know.

Tigs Right.....Lowder is only defending himself.....NOT Auburn.....

Your sarcasm is duly noted and unappreciated. I will also type very slow so you can understand and say again. First and foremost Paul Davis is a Bammer. He once lived next door to the Bear himself. If you think that all the BS that Paul Davis writes is only because he dislikes the influence that Bobby Louder has, I have some ocean front property in Kansas for sale.

I could care less about Lowder, if he stays or goes. I have only been speaking of Paul Davis and I still contend his rancor has less to do with Lowder and the BOT than it does with causing problems for Auburn.

I too am glad Lowder stood up to ESPN. I'm no Lowder fan but what Saunders said previously hurt Auburn as much as Lowder. It cast a negative light on our great university. Think about it for a minute...outside the State of Alabama very few people know who Bobby Lowder is...but they do know about Auburn. So when Saunders spoke, most people outside the state probably thought his comments were directed at Auburn.

BTW, a couple of weeks ago when finescum first reported that Lowder and Miller had demanded a retraction, he said (and Vickers concurred) that he was pretty sure that Saunders nor ESPN would not issue an apology. Wow...was he wrong or what.

There seems to be some twisted logic going on here. One could also say if Bush wan't President then Kerry wouldn't be saying bad things about him :rolleyes:

If it came down to Lowder or Saunders I believe some here would support Saunders :(

Sometimes I wonder which gets Auburn people more upset with each other, Lowder or how the football team is doing. WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A GENERAL STATEMENT THAT MAY NOT VERY POPULAR..and i may go from one rant to another....OH WELL...

It seems the ones that don't have as much problem with Lowder are the ones that care about football first above the rest of the university. The ones that have issues with Lowder are the ones that are more concerned with the state of the university first, everything else behind that. Lowder is only interested in "saving face" with the national spotlight that has been put on him. Do I think the BOT had anything to do with the burning of that office? No...hell no for that mater. They have athletic department construction projects to worry about, and who to put in as the new AD that will take their marching orders. Do I think Lowder and company are responsible for all the trouble with all the accreditation issues, loosing good presidents (Muse) along with making the Auburn faithful embarrassed what seems to be each week from some new "scandal".....Yes. Lowder should have left years ago, and by him staying on, it is not helping anything. The fact that he dropped 4.3 million for the school seems like an attempt to make himself look better...and yes, I meant attempt.... I can hear it now..."I don't see you giving that much"........ I feel at this time in Auburn's history, the powers that be, should not have accepted it. But, the problem is, HE IS THE POWER THAT BE. I don't think any of the Auburn Alumni seem to have any say-so in how the school should be ran, which becomes more and frustrating. Will we ever get any power to control what to board is doing? Not anytime soon. Not with Lowder on the board. So, with that rant out of the way.....LOWDER=BAD FOR AUBURN

According to this, the exact words of Saunder's intended statement will be:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...93350287590.xml

...Saunders plans to read the following statement on Sunday's show:

"At the end of the `Sports Reporters' program on February 16th, I commented on a fire at The Tuskegee News, a small Alabama newspaper critical of the trustees of Auburn University. That story engendered some criticism of its own. I would like to make clear that I did not say, nor did I intend to say, that the trustees of Auburn University had any connection to the fire, nor is there any evidence of that, or that the Trustees were in any way associated with or sympathetic to the Ku Klux Klan."

This is a clarification, but does it really constitute a "full retraction", an "apology", or an admission of error on Saunders part? I'm sure many will argue one way or the other. Of course, he may change his words before Sunday, too.

My personal opinion, for what it's worth:

While the story was unfortunate for Auburn's public image, and perhaps slanted in tone, I don't think Saunders himself committed libel/slander. Sueing him is like "killing the messenger". He was merely reporting the claims of others [i.e., Davis]. If there was defamation, it came from Davis, not ESPN or Saunders....JMHO.

I could care less about Lowder, if he stays or goes. I have only been speaking of Paul Davis and I still contend his rancor has less to do with Lowder and the BOT than it does with causing problems for Auburn.

So its obvious you didntunderstand the point of the initial post in the first place...the initial post was about BL and the retraction....not PAul Davis and the retraction!

Sometimes I wonder which gets Auburn people more upset with each other, Lowder or how the football team is doing. WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A GENERAL STATEMENT THAT MAY NOT VERY POPULAR..and i may go from one rant to another....OH WELL...

It seems the ones that don't have as much problem with Lowder are the ones that care about football first above the rest of the university. The ones that have issues with Lowder are the ones that are more concerned with the state of the university first, everything else behind that. Lowder is only interested in "saving face" with the national spotlight that has been put on him. Do I think the BOT had anything to do with the burning of that office? No...hell no for that mater. They have athletic department construction projects to worry about, and who to put in as the new AD that will take their marching orders. Do I think Lowder and company are responsible for all the trouble with all the accreditation issues, loosing good presidents (Muse) along with making the Auburn faithful embarrassed what seems to be each week from some new "scandal".....Yes. Lowder should have left years ago, and by him staying on, it is not helping anything. The fact that he dropped 4.3 million for the school seems like an attempt to make himself look better...and yes, I meant attempt.... I can hear it now..."I don't see you giving that much"........ I feel at this time in Auburn's history, the powers that be, should not have accepted it. But, the problem is, HE IS THE POWER THAT BE. I don't think any of the Auburn Alumni seem to have any say-so in how the school should be ran, which becomes more and frustrating. Will we ever get any power to control what to board is doing? Not anytime soon. Not with Lowder on the board. So, with that rant out of the way.....LOWDER=BAD FOR AUBURN

Very well said...and I totally agree. Lowder is a CANCER for auburn university.

So its obvious you didntunderstand the point of the initial post in the first place...the initial post was about BL and the retraction....not PAul Davis and the retraction!

It's also obvious that you didn't understand the point of my post. Stop dancing around and look back. I had nothing to say about the initial post. Only what you said and implied about Paul Davis.

autigger If Lowder werent on the board of trustees, the klan statement would have never been made and Paul davis wouldnt have any problems with Auburn
Bash Lowder to kingdom come, I could care less. But don't make Paul Davis out to be pure as the driven snow. He has an agenda and it is not the betterment of Auburn University.

Are you interested in ocean front property in Kansas?

It's also obvious that you didn't understand the point of my post. Stop dancing around and look back. I had nothing to say about the initial post. Only what you said and implied about Paul Davis.

autigger If Lowder werent on the board of trustees, the klan statement would have never been made and Paul davis wouldnt have any problems with Auburn
Bash Lowder to kingdom come, I could care less. But don't make Paul Davis out to be pure as the driven snow. He has an agenda and it is not the betterment of Auburn University.

Are you interested in ocean front property in Kansas?

You have to be dumb or something I havnt made Paul Davis out to be pure......WTF are you drinking at work cause apparently you arent in your right mind......The only thing i said was that the initial comments were made about BL, which happens to be the topic at hand.....And um no I have no desire to head to Kansas but thanks for the offer Moron!

Archived