Ahmad Dixon commits to Tennessee

RunInRed

AHMANDIXON12_14150.JPG

AHMAD DIXON, Safety

Waco, Texas

6-1 / 194 / 4.5

Dixon tells Vols to count him as commitment

By Dave Hooker

Tennessee didn’t wait until the announcements were made on Saturday to pick up a commitment from a player in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Defensive back Ahmad Dixon informed Tennessee he was committed the Vols on Friday, according to a source close to his recruitment.

The 6-foot-2, 200-pounder from Midway High School in Waco, Texas, originally committed to Baylor but told the News Sentinel this week he was primarily considering UT, Alabama and Auburn.

Dixon will play cornerback in Saturday’s game, but most schools, including UT, have recruited him to play safety.

Dixon said he is fond of UT defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and sees a good opportunity for early playing time since junior Eric Berry decided to forgo his senior season and enter April’s NFL draft.

Dxon was recruited by defensive backs coach Willie Mack Garza, who handles recruiting in Texas.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/jan/08/dixon-tells-vols-count-him-commitment/

He has grade issues...reason why we backed off...

It'll be interesting to see what Dixon does now that Kiffin is bolting.

Follow Kiffin to USC?

I'm betting Dixon winds up at the crapstone if he doesn't have serious grade issues and maybe even if he does.

I'm betting Dixon winds up at the crapstone if he doesn't have serious grade issues and maybe even if he does.

everything i've seen recently on him has him going the juco route because of grades. Of course, if he's good enough, uat will get them changed to make him eligible.

Grades didn't stop them from taking Josh Chapman and Marcel Darius. I'm sure the bammers can figure out a way to get him in if they want him.

Grades didn't stop them from taking Josh Chapman and Marcel Darius. I'm sure the bammers can figure out a way to get him in if they want him.

Interesting. Josh Chapman was committed to Auburn before he switched to Bama. And Dareus had an Auburn offer.

Nice try though.

Interesting. Josh Chapman was committed to Auburn before he switched to Bama. And Dareus had an Auburn offer.

Nice try though.

Let me see if I understand. You are saying that Offer = Attends the university. Did I get that right?

Interesting. Josh Chapman was committed to Auburn before he switched to Bama becau$e they could find away around hi$ grade i$$ue. And Dareus had an Auburn offer until they realized hi$ grade$ weren't going to get it. That'$ when UAT $wept in and $orted out his grade$.

Nice try though.

FTFY ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice try though.

It was assumed by everyone that Josh and Marcel would be sign and place. Nice try though.

Archived