Keenan Allen

sam

Is Keenan Allen now considered as a soft verbal to you guys? I saw on the front page of Rivals where he was supposedly showing interest in Clemson or something and they were "wondering where he would land on signing day". What are some actual, non biased details you've heard on this?

Is Keenan Allen now considered as a soft verbal to you guys? I saw on the front page of Rivals where he was supposedly showing interest in Clemson or something and they were "wondering where he would land on signing day". What are some actual, non biased details you've heard on this?

I have heard he is trying to get a package deal for him and his brother who is transferring from Buffalo. His brothere was a back up qb there.

Atlanta Journal-Constution ( ajc.com) had a big writeup about him yesterday? or day before. He is indeed interested in dumping the Cwimpsin Tahd.

He is indeed interested in dumping the Cwimpsin Tahd.

He wants his half brother to play with him, a brother that wouldn't even start for your team! I don't think we get Allen because we don't want the brother. Of course I don't know anything for sure. I never claim to be in the know on these guys, unless my friend on the staff passes info, which I never ask for.

So has Clemson offered his brother?

If they have, I've heard nothing about it. But, if Allen goes to Clemson, you can expect his brother to go as well. If he comes to Alabama, his brother, if he wants to play with him, will have to walk-on. We just don't have the #'s to make it work, espically since we just got a JUCO db, Menzie.

He wants to blackmail Saban into giving his brother a scholarship, and apparently Saban didn't give in. It'll be Clemson or Cal from what I'm hearing.

He wants to blackmail Saban into giving his brother a scholarship, and apparently Saban didn't give in. It'll be Clemson or Cal from what I'm hearing.

Or, minus the spin, he really wants to play ball with his brother so he's decided to look for a school that's willing to offer his brother a scholly too so they can do that.

Or, minus the spin, he really wants to play ball with his brother so he's decided to look for a school that's willing to offer his brother a scholly too so they can do that.

His brother is a scrub and Alabama apparently didn't have enough flexibility left to burn 2 scholarships on one kid this late in the game. Don't get me wrong, I think Allen is worth 2 but we'll have to make do without.

What you call 'spin' is common knowledge among the fan boards of Clemson, Alabama, and Cal. Allen is an elite level player and he backed out of his commitment to Bama once Saban refused to offer his brother. I think that's poor form, but hey family ties are strong and I'd probably do the same.

It's not poor form. His brother wasn't released from his scholarship when Allen committed to Bama. Now he is. The kid has no history with Bama, he didn't grow up a fan.

Why wouldn't he want to play with his brother?

I don't think that's what it's about. This is a fairly recent development where his brother got a release from his scholarship to Buffalo. Now they have the chance to play somewhere together and that's what Allen would like to do. I don't think you can fault him for that. I'd probably want to play with my brother too if I had the chance.

I don't think that's what it's about. This is a fairly recent development where his brother got a release from his scholarship to Buffalo. Now they have the chance to play somewhere together and that's what Allen would like to do. I don't think you can fault him for that. I'd probably want to play with my brother too if I had the chance.

I agree, but it's just a shame we will lose this guy because of his half brother. I don't say that in a blaming tone towards his brother, but that's totally what I mean.

It will be more like practice with than play with. His brother wont get a sniff of the field on a Saturday. But sometimes it just nice to have some sort of familiarity to a new place. Heard his whole family was moving out to cali.

Tell that to Petey Smith. Is he expected to see the field next year?

From what I am hearing, I'm glad he is not coming to Bama. Disappointing he is an elite player, but whatever school gets him might get more than they bargained for. Goodluck Mr Allen

It will be more like practice with than play with. His brother wont get a sniff of the field on a Saturday. But sometimes it just nice to have some sort of familiarity to a new place. Heard his whole family was moving out to cali.

Too bad he's not signing with Southern Cal--I hear his family could get some pretty nice free housing in that case... :rolleyes::lol:

Too bad he's not signing with Southern Cal--I hear his family could get some pretty nice free housing in that case... :rolleyes::lol:

yep, the handling charges are a little steep on this one.

Question.

I did not know it was within the rules to lobby for another player to get a scholorship. Im not sure that Cali or whoever he signed with actually gave his brother a scholorship, but to me, that seems kinda shady.

yep, the handling charges are a little steep on this one.

You got a link to some proof of that or is it typical sour grapes?

Archived