Wow, Arkansas' class is really down this year

TitanTiger

I hadn't been paying close attention to them and I'm not sure what's going on there but they're ranked 58th on Rivals and 46th on Scout. No idea where they are on ESPN, but they aren't Top 25 right now. You can't compete long term in this league with those kinds of classes. Not saying you have to have Top 5, but you can't be in the 50s behind Iowa State and Vanderbilt either. I'm thankful for the great looking bunch we've got coming in so this isn't a slam on them, I just wonder what's going on?

I hadn't been paying close attention to them and I'm not sure what's going on there but they're ranked 58th on Rivals and 46th on Scout.

I've been nice to you over on our board, but to say you haven't been paying close attention is crap and we both know it. We're taking bids on that tent you have pitched in our camp... you know, the one you've been sleeping in the past few weeks.

The kids are getting some idea of what Petrino is all about. In another year the piggies be wishing they had Nutt back, if they aren't already. Nutt was a pretty good all-around coach. Petrino was only good while he was under Tommy Tuberville's control and CTT kept him on a short leash.

Ever look at Petrino's defense at Louisville? :roflol:

The kids are getting some idea of what Petrino is all about. In another year the piggies be wishing they had Nutt back, if they aren't already. Nutt was a pretty good all-around coach. Petrino was only good while he was under Tommy Tuberville's control and CTT kept him on a short leash.

Right, we wish we had Nutt back. You just brought a lot to the conversation. Nutt an all-around good coach? If that were even REMOTELY the case you would have brought him over instead of booing Chizik at the airport. We tried to get rid of him for years before the good ol' boy network in AR finally disowned him.

Petrino only good while under Tuberville's control. Right. Please stop poking that needle in your arm.

Right, we wish we had Nutt back. You just brought a lot to the conversation. Nutt an all-around good coach? If that were even REMOTELY the case you would have brought him over instead of booing Chizik at the airport. We tried to get rid of him for years before the good ol' boy network in AR finally disowned him.

Petrino only good while under Tuberville's control. Right. Please stop poking that needle in your arm.

Okay, so you took a jab at the original poster and then stuck up for your coach... but no defense for what is, clearly, a pitiful recruiting class?

(Btw, blood ties require that I keep Arkansas as my 2nd favorite SEC team, so it actually bothers me that the only coach in football with less integrity than Nick Saban is leaving his nasty stain all over that once-proud program in Fayetteville)

I have to agree with tiber on this one, Nutt was an ok coach but not a very good coach. I mean he had 2 of the best RB's in the country in McFadden and Jones and still couldn't even win an SEC title with them.

We should be thanking Nutt for not wanting Malzahn. If Nutt didn't screw up things with Malzahn, he likely wouldn't be at Auburn. B)

Petrino's a great offensive mind. Great. He's one of the worst defensive head coaches I've ever seen in major college football. He's never fielded a mediocre defense much less a championship caliber defense. If I were an Arkansas fan, I would be less concerned with recruiting and more concerned with that fact. As a side note (to show I'm not biased), I'm still concerned about the fact that Chizik's defenses (as a head coach) have been mediocre at best. It might be talent, but it could be a HC that doesn't know how to handle his job (i.e. he's either overwhelmed or he's too concerned with stepping on a coordinator's toes). Petrino is a great offensive coach, but until he learns how to field a defense, Arkansas is irrelevant in any discussion of SEC title contenders.

I hadn't been paying close attention to them and I'm not sure what's going on there but they're ranked 58th on Rivals and 46th on Scout.

I've been nice to you over on our board, but to say you haven't been paying close attention is crap and we both know it. We're taking bids on that tent you have pitched in our camp... you know, the one you've been sleeping in the past few weeks.

I haven't. I've been over there because of Byran Jones and a little Shon Coleman discussion...in other words, I'm interested so far as Auburn is involved. But I haven't looked in depth at your signing class before now. I heard you guys thumping your chests about how your coach is so amazing he'll win an SEC title with all 3-stars, but I didn't go and look at the rankings that far down.

Sorry you guys are so butthurt over it. It actually explains a lot now.

Wow, someone's panties sure got in a bunch. :lmao:

It's very interesting that in this thread -

- A poster claims to know little on our class, yet has 194 posts on our board as of me typing this.

- People who claim Petrino is terrible, yet are affiliated with a team that was trying desperately to get him not too terrible long ago.

- People claiming Nutt was/is a good/great coach, yet are fans who directly benefit from Nutt running off Malzahn. Trust me, he wouldn't be hanging out at AU otherwise.

- People bashing on Petrino's defense, a defense that while admittedly poor managed to soundly stop Auburn since Petrino has been at Arkansas. A lot of people can criticize our defense, but you guys look a little silly doing it.

So... Someone simply states that they can't believe that Arkansas is having a down year in recruiting and you just get all out of whack and go crazy. Its real! Its not like we are making anything up? What else would you like us to say? "Arkansas is having an awesome recruiting class."

Just stating the facts.. and if you can't live with it, then don't read the thread and start crying. And... Another fact. Petrino hasn't had a history of fielding good defenses. Yes, he stopped us this year. But did you happen to see our offense during that stretch? I am not trying to take away from what Arkansas did... but our offense looked worse than 2008 for a few games. Kentucky even showed us up.

But if this will make you happier... here goes:

Arkansas is having a great recruiting class this year. Petrino, defensive master-mind, is putting together a class that Arkansas hasn't seen in many years (haha).

Malzahn to Colorado!!!

One more year of Hawkins like the last few and I'll wager Malzahn will be near the top of the list.

Provided you guys don't tank on offense this year.

It's very interesting that in this thread -

I find it interesting that you don't pay closer attention before running your fat yap.

- A poster claims to know little on our class, yet has 194 posts on our board as of me typing this.

...such as the fact that I have 194 posts in six years. That's less than 1/10th of one post per day on average.

And just because I go over there to talk mostly about recruits we're both going after such as Byran Jones or Shon Coleman doesn't mean I know about anyone else in your signing class. Get a frickin' clue.

- People bashing on Petrino's defense, a defense that while admittedly poor managed to soundly stop Auburn since Petrino has been at Arkansas. A lot of people can criticize our defense, but you guys look a little silly doing it.

You soundly stopped the worst offense in the past 30 years at Auburn last year and won by 3. Props to you for slowing us down this year. Even with 3 drive killing turnovers, we still managed 375 yds on you. If anything that game was about a failure of our defense, but that was a problem all year. Good luck having the same success once we have more depth and talent.

So this is a great recruiting class for the piglets?

So... Someone simply states that they can't believe that Arkansas is having a down year in recruiting and you just get all out of whack and go crazy. Its real! Its not like we are making anything up? What else would you like us to say? "Arkansas is having an awesome recruiting class."

Just stating the facts.. and if you can't live with it, then don't read the thread and start crying. And... Another fact. Petrino hasn't had a history of fielding good defenses. Yes, he stopped us this year. But did you happen to see our offense during that stretch? I am not trying to take away from what Arkansas did... but our offense looked worse than 2008 for a few games. Kentucky even showed us up.

Arkansas is having a great recruiting class this year. Petrino, defensive master-mind, is putting together a class that Arkansas hasn't seen in many years (haha).

for a HALF.

for a HALF.

HALF? If we're being 'all technical and stuff', it's Petrino- 2, Auburn- 0.

Arky is currently 58th on Rivals. Is that ahead of Vandy? I'm not concerned enough to check that out...

No it's behind Vandy and Iowa State. But don't talk too loudly about it. They'll run back to their own board and complain that someone on teh intarwebs was mean to them.

for a HALF.

HALF? If we're being 'all technical and stuff', it's Petrino- 2, Auburn- 0.

well, i guess congratulations are in order. You beat the worse auburn team in 10 YEARS in 2008, and one in the first year of the rebuilding effort in 2009. You still have a losing record to Auburn and with the recruiting class we are both getting, that isn't likely to change, no matter how badly you want it to.

Careful, WT. They insist they can recruit any old way they want to and will still beat Auburn for-evah. Because Petrino can heal the sick and cause the blind to see or something.

Add in everything and Petrino is still a douche! After what he did to the Falcons I have ZERO respect for him!

One more year of Hawkins like the last few and I'll wager Malzahn will be near the top of the list.

Provided you guys don't tank on offense this year.

I guess you're TitanTiger's little whippin' boy now.:roflol:

Archived