Time for baseball!

Well, now that recruiting season is over, I'm ready to watch the Tigers on the diamond! Can anyone provide some insight on the 2010 team? Stengths, waeknesses, players to watch etc?

WDE!

We have several new pitchers who look down on our basketball team (two kids at 6-7). It's the tallest pitching staff I've seen us have (not that it matters in baseball, but they are two bookends for sure). I didn't make it to the last scrimmage, but from what I was told the power hitting is back from last year. The hope is to get more situational hits (nothing new) and score runs via the base hit. Pitching will be better, but a bit younger than last season.

SIDE NOTE:

Auburn Baseball Fan Day & Strike Out Cancer 5K To Be Held On Saturday, February 13th.

Feb. 1, 2010

AUBURN, Ala. - The Auburn baseball team and the Diamond Dolls will hold their second annual `Strike Out Cancer 5K' on Saturday, Feb. 13th to raise money for the East Alabama Medical Center in honor of Mary-Louise Pawlowski, daughter of head coach John Pawlowski.

As part of the first annual Auburn Baseball Fan Day, following the 5K the Auburn coaching staff will hold an on-field youth clinic for fans 12-and-under while the team will sign autographs on the field. In addition, inflatable games will be available for kids along with an appearance by Aubie.

"Last year we had a fantastic turnout and the event raised $7,500. I hope we can top that this year," Pawlowski said. "The Diamond Dolls have done a great job of organizing this once again and I look forward to running alongside our team and our fans to raise money for such an important cause that is very close to my heart."

"We are so honored to be able to support such a great cause," 2010 Auburn Diamond Doll President Lauren Mills said. "The support from the entire Auburn community last year was amazing and this year we are hoping to see even more participation. The Auburn community already has reached out through donations and will be showing up on February 13 to show Mary-Louise and the Pawlowski family they are behind them 100 percent. We want to encourage everyone in the community and all Auburn University students to come out and support a great cause."

Those wishing to register early can go online to www.AU4MLP.org.

The 5K run/walk begins at 10:45 am and will be preceded by a Kids Fun Run at 10:30 am. Late registration will be held on the morning of the run from 9:30-10:30 am.

Awards will be presented to the top three male and top three female overall finishers for the 5K and to the top three finishers in each age group.

Pre-registration must be completed online or postmarked by February 5 and each pre-registered participant will receive a T-shirt. The pre-registration fee is $15 while it is $20 the day of the run. Cash or checks should be made payable to the Diamond Dolls.

Bring your snow shoes and War Eagle

We have several new pitchers who look down on our basketball team (two kids at 6-7). It's the tallest pitching staff I've seen us have (not that it matters in baseball, but they are two bookends for sure). I didn't make it to the last scrimmage, but from what I was told the power hitting is back from last year. The hope is to get more situational hits (nothing new) and score runs via the base hit. Pitching will be better, but a bit younger than last season.

SIDE NOTE:

Auburn Baseball Fan Day & Strike Out Cancer 5K To Be Held On Saturday, February 13th.

Feb. 1, 2010

AUBURN, Ala. - The Auburn baseball team and the Diamond Dolls will hold their second annual `Strike Out Cancer 5K' on Saturday, Feb. 13th to raise money for the East Alabama Medical Center in honor of Mary-Louise Pawlowski, daughter of head coach John Pawlowski.

As part of the first annual Auburn Baseball Fan Day, following the 5K the Auburn coaching staff will hold an on-field youth clinic for fans 12-and-under while the team will sign autographs on the field. In addition, inflatable games will be available for kids along with an appearance by Aubie.

"Last year we had a fantastic turnout and the event raised $7,500. I hope we can top that this year," Pawlowski said. "The Diamond Dolls have done a great job of organizing this once again and I look forward to running alongside our team and our fans to raise money for such an important cause that is very close to my heart."

"We are so honored to be able to support such a great cause," 2010 Auburn Diamond Doll President Lauren Mills said. "The support from the entire Auburn community last year was amazing and this year we are hoping to see even more participation. The Auburn community already has reached out through donations and will be showing up on February 13 to show Mary-Louise and the Pawlowski family they are behind them 100 percent. We want to encourage everyone in the community and all Auburn University students to come out and support a great cause."

Those wishing to register early can go online to www.AU4MLP.org.

The 5K run/walk begins at 10:45 am and will be preceded by a Kids Fun Run at 10:30 am. Late registration will be held on the morning of the run from 9:30-10:30 am.

Awards will be presented to the top three male and top three female overall finishers for the 5K and to the top three finishers in each age group.

Pre-registration must be completed online or postmarked by February 5 and each pre-registered participant will receive a T-shirt. The pre-registration fee is $15 while it is $20 the day of the run. Cash or checks should be made payable to the Diamond Dolls.

Archived