Another example of recruits reading forums and being influenced

SouthLink02

Prized recruit to NC State fans: Lay off coach Sidney Lowe

By Jeff Eisenberg

At a time when irate NC State fans are flooding call-in shows and message boards with pleas for Sidney Lowe's dismissal, the embattled Wolfpack coach received a touching show of support from a very unlikely source.

No, not a current player, administrator or even a local columnist. It came from a promising recruit from Marietta, Ga. who hasn't even played his first game for Lowe yet.

Ryan Harrow, one of the cornerstones of the 2010 recruiting class expected to revive NC State's floundering program, read some of the vitriol directed at Lowe and opted to stand up for the man who offered him a scholarship when others weren't interested. As a result, Harrow wrote a lengthy letter directly to fans on PackPride.com on Sunday requesting that they "don't give up on supporting the team and don't say we need to fire the coach."

"I read the boards a lot, and lately the fans were talking bad about coach Lowe and the team," Harrow said by phone on Tuesday afternoon. "Coach Lowe always believed in me even when I wasn't ranked and I wasn't as good as I am now. I just feel his loyalty has always been with me, so I wanted to show him the same respect."

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Prized-recruit-to-NC-State-fans-Lay-off-Sidney-?urn=ncaab,220088

I have always believed a fan base can help or hurt recruiting and team morale on message boards.

BTW, is that sig video ofyour real? That's hiilarious...

• 4 months later...

I have always believed a fan base can help or hurt recruiting and team morale on message boards.

Then our recruits will always be behind on the realities as they develop and believe that the coaches are infallible. Sounds good! :cheer:

• 1 month later...

Well obviously LSU recruits don't read the popular LSU boards - because the "vitriol" that is spewed about their own coaches & players has been putrid. And, it looks like Miles will haul in another top 5 class in February.

Archived