Jacobs #2?

tigertiger

Someone posted that Jacobs is the number 2 back is this true and where did you read it? I wish Ronnie a speedy recovery but I'm also a bit pleased 'cause I wanna see how Jacobs performs against an SEC school.

Someone posted that Jacobs is the number 2 back is this true and where did you read it? I wish Ronnie a speedy recovery but I'm also a bit pleased 'cause I wanna see how Jacobs performs against an SEC school.

Someone posted? Need to use something a little more credible then that. According to official sources I have read, Ronnie is supposed to be able to play this week, unless something has happened in the last few hours. It really bothers me that you are a bit pleased that one of our RBs got hurt so that you could see another player get more chances. I am not a big JC guy and would like to see Sullivan more, but if JC got hurt, I would not be pleased about that in anyway.

I didn't think CTT was going to play Ronnie Brown until he knew for sure that he was 100% healthy? I read this tuesday. Has he said Ronnie is definately going to play yet or not?

According to reports I heard yesterday and this morning, he is expected to be ready to go by Saturday. Now, that also could be CTT using the media to keep Arky confused. I doubt it, because it is not like RB is our only good back, so they will be preparing to stop the running game anyway. If RB plays, you probably will not see him as much as BJ.

I seriously hope Ronnie is playing.

If he isn't our chances of winning have decreased.

I totally disagree with that statement. As deep as we are at the RB position, that statement makes no sense...

I totally disagree with that statement. As deep as we are at the RB position, that statement makes no sense...

It makes sense to me because I think Ronnie is our best running back.

If our best back is out(in my opinion).. obviously our chances would decrease.

It makes sense to me because I think Ronnie is our best running back.

If our best back is out(in my opinion).. obviously our chances would decrease.

I'll repeat...it makes no sense.. agree to disagree, cause I certainly DO NOT agree.

yeah I agree, that statement makes no sense.....depth at RB was one of the main reasons Auburn was so hyped this year... if your running backs are as good as advertised, Auburn shouldn't miss a beat!!

I believe read it on Al.com interview with coach TT. If Ronnie Brown is not 100% he will not play this weekend to protect his strained hamstring.

Jacobs woult be the obvious choice for #2, given that Tre will be busy with other duties.

Guest AuNuma1

Just heard Tuberville on the radio and he said that he didn't want to play Ronnie this Saturday because of the ham but he could play if he had too.

Ranger,

Relax.

All I did was ask a question and I only asked because someone from this site said they read it somewhere. Also, I never stated any praise on Ronnie being hurt. Don't read into things.

Ranger,

Relax.

All I did was ask a question and I only asked because someone from this site said they read it somewhere. Also, I never stated any praise on Ronnie being hurt. Don't read into things.

First of all I am relaxed, so don't tell me to relax and then tell me I read to much in to it. You said you were a bit pleased that Ronnie was hurt so that BJ got more playing time. Please tell my how that was misinterpreted. If you meant it different, then your word choice was very poor, but that is your fault, not mine for reading it as it was stated. Try better word choice next time. ;)

Now that Carnell has put last year's injury behind him, I believe Ronnie Brown and Carnell Williams are both equal in talent, and Brandon Jacobs is not far behind. Carnell is in 5th gear right now. He's confident and on a roll. It didn't seem like Ronnie's injury was very bad. I predict he'll get 8-12 carries in this game.

I would be comfortable with any of these 3. Even Tre Smith showed us we can win games with him when he went for 127 against bammer.

I forget who, sorry ranger, but i heard someone put our running back situation in good words.

We have one great tailback, CW. One very good tailback, RB. One potientially great tailback, BJ. And one fearless running back, TS.

I cant remember where i read it, but i think that puts it best. I feel that Carnell is the best of the bunch, Ronnie Brown is a solid numer 2, Brandon Jacobs has the potential to be the best and Tre Smith makes the most of what God gave him.

I think we're better with Ronnie, but not heavily hurt without him. I doubt the game will be decided on whether #23 plays or not.

It really bothers me that you are a bit pleased that one of our RBs got hurt so that you could see another player get more chances. I am not a big JC guy and would like to see Sullivan more, but if JC got hurt, I would not be pleased about that in anyway.

I'm sure he isn't pleased that an Auburn player is hurt, he is pleased that something can be gained in a situation that normaly wouldn't bring anything positive.

I forget who, sorry ranger, but i heard someone put our running back situation in good words.

We have one great tailback, CW.  One very good tailback, RB.  One potientially great tailback, BJ.  And one fearless running back, TS.

I cant remember where i read it, but i think that puts it best.  I feel that Carnell is the best of the bunch, Ronnie Brown is a solid numer 2, Brandon Jacobs has the potential to be the best and Tre Smith makes the most of what God gave him.

I think we're better with Ronnie, but not heavily hurt without him.  I doubt the game will be decided on whether #23 plays or not.

Can you tell me what that has to do with somebody saying that they are a bit pleased that one of our backs is hurt because it gives another an opportunity. I was never even talking about how good or bad the running situation was. First of all, most that have been on the board for awhile know that I prefer RB over all other backs we have. Secondly, I coach high school players, so when a person makes a comment that they are pleased that somebody got hurt, that ticks me off. To say that, but then try to sugarcoat it by stating you do however hope he has a speedy recovery, does not make up for the poor choice of words. Trying to bs your way out of saying something like that does not cut it with me. Be a man and admit you should not have said it, Tigertiger, instead of trying to make light of it. Yea you are right that message boards are fun and you can "yammer" back and forth. Problem with message boards and all that talking, most people won't take responsibilty for what they say and spit out crap the would not say away from a message board.

It really bothers me that you are a bit pleased that one of our RBs got hurt so that you could see another player get more chances. I am not a big JC guy and would like to see Sullivan more, but if JC got hurt, I would not be pleased about that in anyway.

I'm sure he isn't pleased that an Auburn player is hurt, he is pleased that something can be gained in a situation that normaly wouldn't bring anything positive.

Then why say it that way? Why would anybody be pleased that our co-#1 runningback be hurt? Put yourself in a coaches shoes are even RBs shoes. Would you say it like that around them. "Hey Ronnie, I hope you recover, but I am bit pleased that you got hurt so that Jacobs will get more playing time". "Coach Tuberville, I hope Ronnie recovers, but I am kind of pleased it happened because that means Jacobs will get more carries". Anybody but me get the point of it should have been stated a with a little more taste? If you he did not mean it that way, then he should clarify that instead of making light of what he said. It is not that hard to admit a mistake and try to correct it. But don't try to bs me.

Ranger,

The post before this one pretty much sums up what I meant and I'm definitely not the type of person that talks on boards and won't say it to your face. I use to love punching people in the mouth but I'm 31 now and those days are old. One of the moderators made a post suggesting to guest to not just read but become members and join the crew.

jacks like you keep guest as...as...well...guest.

Ranger,

The post before this one pretty much sums up what I meant and I'm definitely not the type of person that talks on boards and won't say it to your face.  I use to love punching people in the mouth but I'm 31 now and those days are old.  One of the moderators made a post suggesting to guest to not just read but become members and join the crew. 

Agreed.

Tigertiger, you have the nerve to make that statement in the same thread where you said you were pleased with an auburn player being injured?? A post like yours that started this thread is more likely to keep current guests from joining than Ranger (and ME) questioning you about it. To say your pleased that a player on the team you supposedly cheer for got injured is rediculous...

Considering its just an injury to the hammy, I think its OK to be a "bit" pleased that now you get to see a little more of BJ knowing that Ronnie will be back maybe some this game and definitely the next. If it were a little more catastrophic of an injury maybe I would be upset about that statement. But there are other battles to be fought. this ain't one of them. Agree to disagree and lets move on.

Archived