MSU reels in 7 commits during Bulldog Weekend

RunInRed

Maybe Mullens is getting some traction in starkvegas...

STARKVILLE — Mississippi State doubled its commitments for the 2011 signing class over the weekend, adding seven prospects - including Dandy Dozen defensive back Darion Arrington of Stone County.

Ocean Springs wide receiver Joe Morrow, whose Friday night pledge was among State's haul, said Arrington told him that he had committed to State.

"We've been talking about it for a while," he said. "He's been saying he was going to commit there and I've been excited about playing with him and (wide receiver) Devin Fosselman."

Arrington (6-foot-1, 215 pounds) and Morrow (6-4, 200) joined, according to reports at BulldawgJunction.com and BulldogBlitz.com, defensive tackle James Maiden (6-4, 280) of Wilkinson County, running back Josh Robinson (5-9, 185) of Franklinton, La., offensive lineman Daniel Knox (6-5, 248) of West Lauderdale, athlete Justin Cox (6-1, 175) of West Point and Dak Prescott (6-3, 220), a quarterback from Haughton, La.

Of State's 14 commitments, 11 are Mississippians. Four are members of the Dandy Dozen, the Clarion-Ledger's preseason list of the state's top 12 players.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20100725/SPORTS030102/7250345/Bulldog-weekend-commitment-haul-includes-a-Dandy-defensive-back

The only one of that group that had an AU offer was Morrow. And once we moved on Coates and Denson, it's debatable whether that offer was still committable.

dang!! I should've gone to MSU this weekend. They probably would've let me commit.. no joke.

I'm sure you could have gotten an offer of some sort:

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63975

:rolleyes:

If any of ya'll saw the moveie The Blind Side they actually talk about a certain school that won't be named (MSU) taking Michael Oher to a strip club.

Their recruiting class looks pretty good so far IMO. Nothing to laugh about.

Alabama is having another too good of a class so far.. Gonna be hard to top them. Not really worried about that.. but I would really like to see a top 10 class this year.

When Mullen took the HC job, I was pretty surprised because I imagined it to be like Chizik jumping on the ISU HC job. He explained that it was partially due to the talent available in Mississippi and surrounding areas. If he keeps getting blue chippers he could be a force at MSU.

Archived