James Wilder Jr. Commits to

Nay4AU

According to several articles, Eddie Gran is the main reason Wilder chose FSU. He cited Gran's history of placing high profile running backs in the NFL. Of course, that was done at Auburn.

Gran is the one guy I wish Auburn had kept in the coaching change. He was both a big time coach and a big time recruiter.

According to several articles, Eddie Gran is the main reason Wilder chose FSU. He cited Gran's history of placing high profile running backs in the NFL. Of course, that was done at Auburn.

Gran is the one guy I wish Auburn had kept in the coaching change. He was both a big time coach and a big time recruiter.

I thought the same thing, but Lupe's held his own on the field and in recruiting.

I thought the same thing until he tried to stab us in the back last year giving false information to Lemonier. :thumbsdown:

I thought the same thing until he tried to stab us in the back last year giving false information to Lemonier. :thumbsdown:

Yeah, well, he was probably doing the same sort of thing on our behalf while he was here. I think the old saying has to be revised to: "All's fair in love, war and recruiting."

it is really amazing to me how Jimbo is doing this good in recruiting..

Not me so much. Jimbo has been a pretty good recruiter and knows he and his staff will have to step it up in order to be successful. Add to that most recruits know FSU's recent history and would be willing to give them a shot. Crap if they can just recruit the state of Florida well, they could sign a top 10 class almost every year.

• 1 month later...

While I agree this guy is pure, raw athletic talent. Am I the only one who is skeptical about him being a RB? This is only his 2nd season, I believe, at the position and from the 2 games on TV I've watched I'm not sold. He is an absolute beast at LB.

While I agree this guy is pure, raw athletic talent. Am I the only one who is skeptical about him being a RB? This is only his 2nd season, I believe, at the position and from the 2 games on TV I've watched I'm not sold. He is an absolute beast at LB.

The deal is to tell him what he wants to hear and get him to sign. A week after he enrolls in school, it will be "Look here, Son. This RB thing isn't working for you. Step on over to that group practicing over there. You know, the linebackers."

Archived