Houndstooth wedding cake

TitanTiger

An Auburn grad and an Alabama grad recently got married.

The groom (Alabama) requested that his cake be hounds-tooth (typical).

The Auburn bride was obviously disappointed, but they honored his request.

The bride’s parents (Auburn) had the cake made, and when the groom cut it at the reception, he had a little surprise…

auburncake.jpg

I can see now this will be a two camera family. For trips with the kids to the mall one day. :big:

I'm gonna be honest. My first reaction was I laughed. It ticks me off seeing all these alabama wedding cakes. A lady at my church made one that WAS a houndstooth had. She's had it as her profile pic for at least a month.

But then I thought about it, and if I or another Auburn fan had a nice looking Auburn cake (especially if it was for my wedding), and then they cut into it and it was crimson and white I would not be happy or think it was funny. I'm probably too sensitive, but I know 90% of the time, when alabama fans "joke" about that kind of stuff, it is truly meant as a snub. So i refuse to do the same unless something is said/done to me first.

I'm gonna be honest. My first reaction was I laughed. It ticks me off seeing all these alabama wedding cakes. A lady at my church made one that WAS a houndstooth had. She's had it as her profile pic for at least a month.

But then I thought about it, and if I or another Auburn fan had a nice looking Auburn cake (especially if it was for my wedding), and then they cut into it and it was crimson and white I would not be happy or think it was funny. I'm probably too sensitive, but I know 90% of the time, when alabama fans "joke" about that kind of stuff, it is truly meant as a snub. So i refuse to do the same unless something is said/done to me first.

Probably depends on what kind of relationship they already have with the son-in-law. If they know he's cool, has a good sense of humor, or already have a friendly give-and-take rivalry with him, then I think it's pretty funny! Heck, the groom's request may have been a first strike in a friendly prank war--he made have insisted on the houndstooth just to tease his Auburn in-law's who'd have to order it.

But yet, I know some Sabanites that take things too seriously who'd be so offended it'd spoil their reception. Wouldn't want to start something on their wedding day. (...specially if there were any firearms around! :rolleyes: )

I think the cake is hilarious. If you are willing to have a "mixed marriage" then I think you would find such a prank funny. If, on the other hand, someone other than your wife did that kind of prank on your wedding day, then IT WOULD BE ON!

I think the cake is hilarious. If you are willing to have a "mixed marriage" then I think you would find such a prank funny. If, on the other hand, someone other than your wife did that kind of prank on your wedding day, then IT WOULD BE ON!

good point. and it didn't even cross my mind that the wife was in on it.

Archived