Thenator Lou Holsth

rocketman37

Anybody know (or care) what he says about the BCS poll?

No but I heard Robert Smith on ESPNU say he thought TCU should be #1. :headscratch:

I head Lou say he isn't sure that Boise and TCU aren't the top 2 teams in the nation.

Anyone else see the irony in this board holding itself up as a beacon of class and over the last several weeks there has been at least one post per week mocking Lou Holtz for his speech impediment?

No but I heard Robert Smith on ESPNU say he thought TCU should be #1. :headscratch:

The ever changing voter landscape that is college football polls. The goons at ESPN who 6 years ago were saying "you can't vote an undefeated team over another undefeated team ranked above them when that teams still wins". All of the sudden now, when AU is up at the top again, it ok to change up how they vote, again. This is frickin' insane BS. The only reason they say that about TCU is b/c TCU beat a ranked, yet obviously overrated Utah team. Had the our LSu game been yesterday instead, would they have been saying the same thing? It unnerves me, b/c it is seeming to shape up like years ago, no matter who we beat, how many are ranked, even after taking down bama, making it 5 ranked teams to fall to Auburn, which will be more than anyone in the top 10. Heck, six if you count beating a ranked USCe for a 2nd time in SECCG. Just continues to worry me, but with the computer ranking us high I would think we would continue to stay in #1 or #2 in BCS standings. Problem lies with the damned human polls, TCU is now only 59 points behind us in the USA coaches poll.

The ever changing voter landscape that is college football polls. The goons at ESPN who 6 years ago were saying "you can't vote an undefeated team over another undefeated team ranked above them when that teams still wins". All of the sudden now, when AU is up at the top again, it ok to change up how they vote, again. This is frickin' insane BS. The only reason they say that about TCU is b/c TCU beat a ranked, yet obviously overrated Utah team. Had the our LSu game been yesterday instead, would they have been saying the same thing? It unnerves me, b/c it is seeming to shape up like years ago, no matter who we beat, how many are ranked, even after taking down bama, making it 5 ranked teams to fall to Auburn, which will be more than anyone in the top 10. Heck, six if you count beating a ranked USCe for a 2nd time in SECCG. Just continues to worry me, but with the computer ranking us high I would think we would continue to stay in #1 or #2 in BCS standings. Problem lies with the damned human polls, TCU is now only 59 points behind us in the USA coaches poll.

I'm not worried because this is the closest TCU will get to us the rest of the season. This was their one "big shot" to make a statement (which they certainly did), but the fact that we're still ranked ahead of them in both the human polls that matter after their best chance of the season to crack the top 2, makes me not worry at all.

We win and we're in.

Also, the system has been tweaked to avoid the 2004 debacle. If you plug the numbers for that season into the formula they use this season, we would've finished 2nd to USC. OU would've been left out. Meaning they would've matched up the two teams that did the most to earn the spot... and given us the best game. It may seem like everything is still screwy, but honestly, it's pretty obvious that the final result will pick teams based on what they've earned. That's why Auburn and Oregon are 1/2 (or 2/1 given the week), TCU is healthily behind them and healthily in front of Boise, and the second best team in the SEC is just behind Boise. As much as Auburn folks have complained this year, that seems like the right order.

Anyone else see the irony in this board holding itself up as a beacon of class and over the last several weeks there has been at least one post per week mocking Lou Holtz for his speech impediment?

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Even for those who find humor in others' impairments, this "joke" is old and far outlived any humor value it may have had. I hardly notice Lou's lisp anymore. Plus, how offensive did we (well, those of us old enough to remember) find it when opponents made fun of Bo's stutter in his early days?

Now of course, I still find it humorous or at least irritating every time a new stupid idea comes out of Lou's mouth/brain. Although I suppose that might be a physical handicap that he can't help either. :rolleyes:

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Even for those who find humor in others' impairments, this "joke" is old and far outlived any humor value it may have had. I hardly notice Lou's lisp anymore. Plus, how offensive did we (well, those of us old enough to remember) find it when opponents made fun of Bo's stutter in his early days?

Now of course, I still find it humorous or at least irritating every time a new stupid idea comes out of Lou's mouth/brain. Although I suppose that might be a physical handicap that he can't help either. :rolleyes:

You mean he's got a "lisp?" I thought he just talked that way!!! :blink:

I can deal with the lisp. What aggravates me is the "University of Auburn". Can't he at least figure out the correct name of the school that he's butchering?

Its not even really a lisp. Its more of just kind of what happens when you get old. I see a lisp as something you had, have and will pretty much always have. He didn't talk like this in his younger days. Kind of like some older people when they accidentally whistle when they talk. It's just something that happens to some of the elderly.

Honestly half the crap he says I'm sure ESPN makes him say. I honestly think they make him take the side of TCU and Boise every week for the humor it adds. I bet if you hit him up 1 on 1 you probably would think he is a very nice guy and I bet you if he told you his honest feelings he would probably agree about the SEC and who the top teams are.

Not to mention if you are TCU or Boise you want someone to at least be rooting for you regardless if you deserve it or not. They have fans to and they have to cater to them as well.

Its not even really a lisp. Its more of just kind of what happens when you get old. I see a lisp as something you had, have and will pretty much always have. He didn't talk like this in his younger days. Kind of like some older people when they accidentally whistle when they talk. It's just something that happens to some of the elderly.

I really hope you're joking.

an excerpt from an SI article about Coach Holtz's book:

"As a wispy youngster with a speech impediment, Holtz learned how to crack a joke in order to keep the bullies at bay."

My link

I really hope you're joking.

an excerpt from an SI article about Coach Holtz's book:

"As a wispy youngster with a speech impediment, Holtz learned how to crack a joke in order to keep the bullies at bay."

My link

His lisp sounds much worse than what it did in that video. The video was pretty clear with very few moments of a lisp. He may not have been crystal clear back then but I think his age has definitely made it worse. Either way who cares like I said. The rest of what I said is probably true. No reason to give him such crap.

Archived