Prospective Auburn Tiger

AUTigers94

I'm a junior in high school and Auburn is one of the top schools on my list, but I don't really have much insight from alumni/students.

So tell me, if you graduated from/currently go to Auburn, why should I go there? What is your favorite aspect of the campus/school?

Thanks in advance,

AUTiger94

I'm a junior in high school and Auburn is one of the top schools on my list, but I don't really have much insight from alumni/students.

So tell me, if you graduated from/currently go to Auburn, why should I go there? What is your favorite aspect of the campus/school?

Thanks in advance,

AUTiger94

If you haven't been on a campus visit, go. Go during the school year, during a sport season. Walk the surrounding part of town after dark. Eat a burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger, shop in Tiger Rags. Go in J&M Books and look around. That's all it took for me, just interacting with the people for a few hours.

I felt at home from the moment I stepped on campus between my junior and senior year, until I left five years later. I can't really put it into words...just a feeling I got.

If you haven't been on a campus visit, go. Go during the school year, during a sport season. Walk the surrounding part of town after dark. Eat a burger at Cheeburger Cheeburger, shop in Tiger Rags. Go in J&M Books and look around. That's all it took for me, just interacting with the people for a few hours.

I felt at home from the moment I stepped on campus between my junior and senior year, until I left five years later. I can't really put it into words...just a feeling I got.

I need to take a campus tour. I've been to the stadium around 10 times, but I've only spent the day in Auburn two or three of those times. I've been in J&M, and I've had one of the world's best burgers at Cheeburger Cheeburger. My dad was obsessesed with me going there.

I want to go there, but I also wouldn't mind going to another school such as Tulane, Vandy, or Emory. Problem is, those three are out of my monetary range, but there's always scholarship, right? My dad has told me that he will pay for everything at Auburn, but that's as much as he'll pay at any other school as well. So it's kind of a complex situation, but he's made it obvious that he wants me to go to Auburn. He's an alum, so I guess that's a given.

Thanks for the advice, though. I really do need to just spend a weekend up there I guess.

AUTigers94

I grew up an Auburn fan and lived in Auburn when I was younger. When my mom got a job offer that would move us to Georgia, she left the decision up to me (at the time a rising 6th grader). I thought about it, and worked a deal out with her. We could move, only if I could return to Auburn for college. Obviously my mom held up her end of the deal. I started school at Auburn Fall 2003, and I'm still here.

My favorite thing about Auburn is the small town atmosphere. I realize that this not for everyone, but I love that this town revolves completely around the University. I love that Auburn fans are not just fans, but they are family. All this mess with the Cam allegations just show you how strong these family bonds are.

Honestly, I can't put it into words. You just have to experience it yourself. You have to be in the stands as the eagle soars over the stadium before kick off, you have to wrap your arms around some stranger standing next to you to sing the Alma Mater at the end of the game. You have to walk down the concourse on Hey Day and have random people saying Hey ____! You have to be half way around the world and have someone tell you "War Eagle". You have to walk on Samford Lawn while the clocktower is playing the fight song.

These things give me chills, and occasionally bring tears so my eyes. I love this place and I'm proud to be an Auburn Tiger.

• 1 month later...

Thanks in advance,

AUTiger94

let me first tell you that the decision to attend Auburn University was one of the smartest (and best) choices I have ever made. Not only is it one of the top universities in the country (academically), it was both a social and maturing place for me as I met my wife there. I cannot begin to explain to you how wonderful the campus is. I agree with the previous responses with a campus/off-campus tour. You need to experience the beautiful campus, talk with experiecned staff/faculty in your interest course of study, and the wonderment of living in a small town that celebrates the university on a dialy basis. You should walk through Toomer's Corner, see Samford Hall, eat a Cheeburger, go to the Supper Club, and walk up and down college street. I would recommend Auburn to ANYONE.

Auburn is having a few campus visit days coming up, so I'm looking forward to that.

Does anybody know what the academic requirements are for scholarship? Is there a clear cut place to find it online.

• 3 weeks later...

Auburn is having a few campus visit days coming up, so I'm looking forward to that.

Does anybody know what the academic requirements are for scholarship? Is there a clear cut place to find it online.

This is kind of late, but generally a 3.5 GPA and a 28 on the ACT I think.

http://www.auburn.edu/scholarship/spirit-of-auburn-scholarships.html

http://www.auburn.edu/scholarship/resident-freshman-scholarships.html

There are some pages about requirements and available scholarships. War Eagle!

This is kind of late, but generally a 3.5 GPA and a 28 on the ACT I think.

http://www.auburn.edu/scholarship/spirit-of-auburn-scholarships.html

http://www.auburn.edu/scholarship/resident-freshman-scholarships.html

There are some pages about requirements and available scholarships. War Eagle!

Aight, thanks man. I've heard numbers that are generally close to the ones you gave me.

I know this really isn't a question to ask anyone who isn't a counselor for Auburn, but is the GPA requirement weight or unweighted GPA?

Archived